Official PC Patch Details & Installation Issues

huaone

Club Supporter
yeah so when something didn't work like direct ip or controller config problems, it means the patch didn't patch correctly. that's why when you go back to the patch site, instead of giving you the message that the patch is installed already, it'll tell you it's available and ask if you would like to install it again. in that case it just means your fifa2004 files aren't original either you yourself modified it or someone/something else did... perhaps some game editing utility or etc.
 

VraiDiouf

Youth Team
Originally posted by huaone
yeah so when something didn't work like direct ip or controller config problems, it means the patch didn't patch correctly. that's why when you go back to the patch site, instead of giving you the message that the patch is installed already, it'll tell you it's available and ask if you would like to install it again. in that case it just means your fifa2004 files aren't original either you yourself modified it or someone/something else did... perhaps some game editing utility or etc.

Whenever I go back to the site it doesn't ask me to reinstall the patch :confused:
 

savvart

Club Supporter
Controller Config won't work...

I have tried everything.

All I get is the menu freezes when I actually attempt to change the controller configuration...

Will this be fixed any time soon Matt or anyone...???

This is really minor stuff we are dealing with here and yet EA got it wrong...!!!???

I can expect this standard from some small company working on behalf of EA like the mob that created Cricket 2002, but not the major Fifa section...

Come on boys. Get this right or we will be moving on to other more cometative manufacturers...
Thanks.
 

Generalu

Club Supporter
if u have the english version your best option is http://en.fifasoccer.ru/ because the official patch won't work in 99% cases.

P.S. if this doesn't work the first time, reinstall the game because you might have dammaged it while trying to donload the official patch. it will surely work !!!
 

VraiDiouf

Youth Team
Well guys I got the patch to work, even the controllers option finally. It took alot of reinstalling and installing, and re patching. I finally got it. The only problem is with my controller. My controller has 2 extra buttons I am not using, Its a Gravis Aftershock Eliminator Gamepad. I can't use off the ball control which I wanted to make that my button 8, and run defender which I wanted to make button 7. However the other buttons work.
 

savvart

Club Supporter
Thanks Generalu...

I installed the patch that I downloaded from http://en.fifasoccer.ru/

and it works beautifully. I have a Gravis Gamepad Pro USB, it doesn't have dual controllers but its great to use anyway...

I think everyone who has problems with the on-line downloadable one from EA should give this one a go...

Great work and thanks again...


"The greatest players are the ones with brains..."
 

Sir JinX

Club Supporter
I got a problem...

It might of been posted somewhere in here but it just go got so junk posts that I just stopped reading...

How do i change the button config for my controller? I can only change it for my keyboard...
Any1 has or had the same problem as me?

btw.....i have a saitek P750

Thx

I posted this and sort of found my answer at the very end... gonna post back after reinstalling, or not all....
 

apone

Club Supporter
Here's a tip for those who are having problems using the autopatch function. Go to EA's FTP ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patches/fifa2004/pc/ and choose your language version (I have only tried this for the EN-UK version). Download the files in that folder. You won't need all the html files, just the one called "home.htm". After downloading the files, put them in a folder and edit the "home.htm" file (with notepad or something) by removing the reference to the FTP site. Just remove this bit: ftp://ftp.pt.ea.com/QA/pub/easports/patches/fifa2004/pc/EN-UK/ and just leave the actual file names. The four references should look like this after you've changed them:

CODEBASE="patchx2.cab#version=6,50,0,1"
<PARAM NAME=Script VALUE=patchscript.scr>
PLUGINURL="nppatch2.jar"
Script="patchscript.scr"

Save the file. Now open the file "patchscript.scr" and do the same thing here. You only need to fix the first two refernces "PatchURL" and "PatchFile". Those two lines should now look something like this:

PatchURL=patchw32.dll
PatchFile=FIFA04_PC_English_1-1.rtp

Save the file and then doubleclick the home.htm file. Click yes if you get a ActiveX warning, then click the big update button, and that should be it.
 

telemako75

Club Supporter
I´ve installed the patch....but I´ve got another problem.... Now it doesn´t allow me the Play Online Option....it says that it´s not installed....What do I have to do?
 

Bartmans

Club Supporter
Tried everything according to this help below. It went well, installing the patch, but then at 59% it says something like "older file found ..." and it was about the file fifa2004.exe
Then the installation was aborted and I still can' reconfigure my controls. Does anyone have an idea what to do??


Originally posted by apone
Here's a tip for those who are having problems using the autopatch function. Go to EA's FTP ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/patches/fifa2004/pc/ and choose your language version (I have only tried this for the EN-UK version). Download the files in that folder. You won't need all the html files, just the one called "home.htm". After downloading the files, put them in a folder and edit the "home.htm" file (with notepad or something) by removing the reference to the FTP site. Just remove this bit: ftp://ftp.pt.ea.com/QA/pub/easports/patches/fifa2004/pc/EN-UK/ and just leave the actual file names. The four references should look like this after you've changed them:

CODEBASE="patchx2.cab#version=6,50,0,1"
<PARAM NAME=Script VALUE=patchscript.scr>
PLUGINURL="nppatch2.jar"
Script="patchscript.scr"

Save the file. Now open the file "patchscript.scr" and do the same thing here. You only need to fix the first two refernces "PatchURL" and "PatchFile". Those two lines should now look something like this:

PatchURL=patchw32.dll
PatchFile=FIFA04_PC_English_1-1.rtp

Save the file and then doubleclick the home.htm file. Click yes if you get a ActiveX warning, then click the big update button, and that should be it.
 

ekardo

Club Supporter
Originally posted by Bartmans
Tried everything according to this help below. It went well, installing the patch, but then at 59% it says something like "older file found ..." and it was about the file fifa2004.exe
Then the installation was aborted and I still can' reconfigure my controls. Does anyone have an idea what to do??


mine got stuck at config.dat....at around 33%...didn't patch it..
 

apone

Club Supporter
I dont know what could be causing those problems. Try reinstalling the game and then patching it. That might work
 

gtruter

Club Supporter
Hi there,

"...Tried everything according to this help below. It went well, installing the patch, but then at 59% it says something like "older file found ..." and it was about the file fifa2004.exe
Then the installation was aborted and I still can' reconfigure my controls. Does anyone have an idea what to do??..."

I get the same error even after a clean install of Fifa2004?

Anybody know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Garth.
 

gtruter

Club Supporter
Hi there,

Just for interest or for those still having prolems.

I have managed to successfully patch my Fifa 2004 game to 1.1.

I downloaded the UK version of the patch and it worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Garth.
 


Top