Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 06:09:PM   #14
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
I'm under the impression that PSV is kind of a plastic club, so they might not sell out the stadium often.

BTW, the best option, assuming your passport still lets you move across European borders, is Genk.
That Genk spot is excellent, apparantly it's only 30 mins by car or 50 by public transport. That would actually be my first choice except it may not be good for Dutch bonding. I'll also be only 2 and a half hours from Dortmund so I will hope to check out a Borussia game.

Sir Didier Drogba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:12:PM   #15
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Also Maastricht to Eindhoven is only 1 hour so I could easily become a PSV fan, but again if I support Roda I can go there for away games

Old 03-07-2016, 06:23:PM   #16
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

I looked at last years attendance figures, feyenord sold out every game (as did Twente, impressively) and Ajax and psv both had some sell outs and never less than 85% attendance but the highest Roda attendance is less than 75% capacity.... Looks like I've found my team

Old 04-07-2016, 02:07:PM   #17
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Hi! Not really active, but still reading here from time to time

Maastricht, nice! What you going to do over there? My girlfriend's family is from just over the Belgian border there, and she studied medicine herself at Maastricht University. So I know that city pretty well, we go there quite often... It's a nice place to live, pretty different from the rest of the country both in landscape and in people.

As far as your question goes: obviously I won't go recommend you support PSV. Also, I think because it's one of the top teams it's more difficult to just casually see a game in the stadium (at least that's how it is here at Ajax mostly). MVV is fun, cute little stadium and a loyal somewhat aging crowd. They did almost go bankrupt a couple of years ago, and they play shitty lower league football. If you want higher level Roda would be better, they're the best team in the region. It's just that they're kind of a grey boring midtable team most of the time. I would go for MVV, just because they play in the same city you're going to live and it still has some of that old school football romantics in them. Most people I know in Maastricht support one of the big three (Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV) as their main team and MVV on the side.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Last edited by Zlatan; 04-07-2016 at 02:11:PM.
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:04:PM   #18
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Zlatan, are you going to take Calumn out? You're gonna need more than balloons to keep him entertained.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:08:AM   #19
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Thanks Zlats, I do like the sound of MVV Maastricht and I like lower league (and cheap) football, however the pull of the top division is strong as I would like to see Ajax, PSV etc and particularly Vitesse. I will check out both I am sure but I need to chose one to be an offical supporter of. I had a look at the Roda website and whilst there is no English it appeared that I could get a season ticket for only 200 euros.

Do you think there is any chance of MVV being promoted in the next three years? That would be amazing, to support then during a promotion campaign and then for survival.

I'll be in maastricht for the same reason as your girlfriend, for study, but I will be doing economics rather than medicine because I am an egoist rather than an altruist

Old 08-07-2016, 01:31:PM   #20
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
Thanks Zlats, I do like the sound of MVV Maastricht and I like lower league (and cheap) football, however the pull of the top division is strong as I would like to see Ajax, PSV etc and particularly Vitesse. I will check out both I am sure but I need to chose one to be an offical supporter of. I had a look at the Roda website and whilst there is no English it appeared that I could get a season ticket for only 200 euros.

Do you think there is any chance of MVV being promoted in the next three years? That would be amazing, to support then during a promotion campaign and then for survival.
Well I wouldn't say so... but you never know. The promotional system from Jupiler League to Eredivisie is so weird and confusing that they might still make it to the playoffs and get lucky. The last few years they were midtable.

If you want a team from the top division Roda obviously is the closest. Still I wouldn't say they play very entertaining decent level of football. For that you would have to go for one of the big teams, but they aren't exactly close to where you are going to be so... Depends on how much and how often you'd wanna travel for that. I know a guy who makes the 2,5 hour trip from Maastricht to Amsterdam every two weeks to watch Ajax play. It's all about dedication.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Last edited by Zlatan; 08-07-2016 at 01:33:PM.
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 06:23:PM   #21
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

I can see the Amsterdam ArenA from the window of my train it looks great!
Old 17-09-2016, 10:42:PM   #22
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

So went to my first Eredivise match to see my new favourite team Roda Kerkrade play and this team is an absolute disaster. Two red cards by half time lead to a 0-3 at home stomping against highly mediocre opposition - the PA system announces that the referee should be killed (something I have not experienced before) which unsurprisingly leads him to give more decisions to the away team, though near the end he sent one of them off too for good measure. For second Roda red, a player shouted at the referee for not awarding a corner which earned him a yellow card, he complained about the yellow card and that earned him a second yellow card. You're probably thinking why didnt the captain intervene - he was the captain. It was insane.

Anyway, I like this team

Mandatory pics:

Old 22-01-2017, 01:24:PM   #23
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

I'm going to see my first PSV game live this evening, and Van Ginkel should be starting. A few other names I know too - luuk de jong, guadrado, jetro willems - should be good!
Old 22-01-2017, 02:06:PM   #24
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Most likely also "wonderkid" Martin Odegaard for Heerenveen. He's on loan from Real Madrid. Enjoy!

Edit: that game was epic!

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Last edited by Juventino; 22-01-2017 at 06:38:PM.
Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 06:43:PM   #25
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Yeah absolutely phenomenal. I didn't even know fm legend was at Heerenveen until he came on. and van Ginkel with the equaliser. wonderful experience. at 3-2 I told the old dutch man next to me that 5 minutes was plenty of time and he didn't believe me!!

Sent from my SM-J120FN using Tapatalk

Old 22-01-2017, 07:22:PM   #26
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sent from my SM-J120FN using Tapatalk