Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2015, 06:04:AM   #1
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Football Manager release dates

Does anyone else think they're missing out a bit release FM so late each year?

By November, when the game comes out, the start of season buzz has died down a bit in my eyes.

If they can't get the game out by August, perhaps they should wait 20 months for a release one year, and have it released at the start of August. I much prefer to play from the start of the season - and I like the start of my season to have happened before it has in real life.

Transfers etc can easily be corrected with updates etc, so that's no excuse.

It really frustrates me every year, that when the season starts, and I'm pumped up for football, I can't play from the start of the season which has just started...I have to wait 4 months, and by then I'm a little over it - and if a side is going really poorly in real life at that stage of the season, and start smashing it in Football Manager, it also loses my interest a little. If I'm always "in the future" in my game, I don't get that same feeling. But really the main point is being able to start the season in game that's being started in real life.

Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 10:30:AM   #2
Mus
YELLOW CARD: Untrustworthy

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Mus
Amen
Old 02-09-2015, 02:02:PM   #3
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Yeah, this is partly why I haven't played FM in years. Just lose interest in football. By the time I get interested again the game is already a year old and it sucks playing 'in the past'.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:45:AM   #4
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Seeing as they were even struggling to make November last year, I don't think we ever going to get it in August. SI works slow...

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:56:PM   #5
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Yeah, this is partly why I haven't played FM in years. Just lose interest in football. By the time I get interested again the game is already a year old and it sucks playing 'in the past'.
Glad it's not just me. I'm so excited around August every year. Waiting so long for it is ridiculous.

They should delay a release by 18 months (or release a version one year in August which is essentially a roster update with new start dates to get on track).

Old 08-09-2015, 02:55:PM   #6
Mus

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
Long term it's probably beneficial, but do they have the current financial strength to do such a thing?
Old 10-09-2015, 08:18:AM   #7
Alex
sKIp_E

If they released another FM 8-9 months after their first release, and it was basically a roster update to get them out on time, then changed back to annual releases, I'm not sure they'd lose much $?

Old 10-09-2015, 04:18:PM   #8
Mus

But do people buy the roster update version?
Old 10-09-2015, 04:18:PM   #9
Mus

I can see it working if they are honest about it and dock the price imo
Old 10-09-2015, 05:33:PM   #10
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus View Post
Long term it's probably beneficial, but do they have the current financial strength to do such a thing?
Sega probably needs the money. They aren't in the best financial shape these days. I expect FM is a golden goose for them, especially since Sonic doesn't carry the panache of, say, Mario anymore.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 01:49:AM   #11
Alex
sKIp_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus View Post
But do people buy the roster update version?
They could add some minor features if they wanted to. Half the seasons have bugger all in the way of new features anyway. So they could just call it FM17. Most fans wouldn't even think twice about it and get it for the new season - as they do every year.

Old 14-09-2015, 04:22:AM   #12
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I completely agree with the OP and I think they would probably sell more copies if the game came out in July or August.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 06:27:PM   #13
Igor BM
Club Supporter

Igor BM is on a distinguished road
Great !
Igor BM is offline   Reply With Quote