Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Feedback and Suggestions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes
Old 27-12-2014, 01:56:PM   #27
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Door Skip View Post
Why didn't anyone tell me about this thread?

This is some good stuff.

Keep it up, guys!
I feel the same way. Here are a few things I would like to say as someone who has been a member for almost 15 years:

1) Alex doesn't run the forum, hahahaha , where the hell did you get that idea!?

2) While I don't like getting gross reps, which I do from time to time, I do enjoy that SG has chosen a path to be a bit of a free speech zone on the internet. So many places, as bangus said, will ban members for everything, have mods who try to run the place like their own personal kingdom, and stuff like that. I feel like at SG you can say just about everything without repercussion and that's a good thing. The only exceptions are usually piracy and racism (although you can tow that line a lot closer now than back in the past).

3) The mods and cliques of SG have nothing to do with why the forum has little activity and I honestly think you have to be stupid to think such a thing. The reasons this message board is dying are: the message board is a mostly outdated construct since the mass acceptance of social media, the few message boards that have survived and thrived (reddit) have ballooned out to encompass everything and taken would-be members from places like this (check out r/fifa if you think SG's fifa site is active), and finally, because soccergaming.com was basically untouched or updated for a good 5+ years, and still looks like it was designed in 2006. The main site is what brings people to message boards, or at least it did traditionally. You say, oh look, SG has all these off-topic forums! Just having a forum or a thread doesn't mean people will go to SG specifically to post about off-topic things. Those people will go to reddit or somethingawful or 4chan or other huge sites that they've actually heard of. Speaking of those boards, you think being a noobish retard is hard here? Go to somethingawful or 4chan and make a post against the general line of thinking there. You'll get destroyed. At least at SG you can be accepted for having good opinions. Even if people don't like you they are at least interested in what you have to say; Xifio is an example of this.

4) This place was more cliquey in the past. Here are the leaders of the clique culture that you directly accuse: Yoyo, Filipower, Skip. Fili and Skip were noobs once too and everyone HATED yoyo. The Yoyo of 10+ years ago, along with others, is a big reason why Romanians are still treated with suspicion on this board.

5) Those people all live in large cities, I love that you specifically call them "rural"

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Last edited by Nimreitz; 27-12-2014 at 01:59:PM.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 12:37:AM   #28
Theodorakis
Banned

Theodorakis will become famous soon enough
1- he acts like one, I'm saying in a good way, to kick off. he also seemed to distinguish himself from yoyo and calumn or other supermods, and he's the only active administrator left.

2- that I strongly disagree and found a bit idiotic thing to say from a guy with your caliber.. I'm all for free speech, and I hate oppression regimes created by admins on the internet forums.. you know "das experiment" stuff.. yet freedom of speech has nothing to do with gross posts.. again it may happen from time to time, and I never had any problems with whoever posted them.. but when I ask them to be removed from a forum admin and he ignores, telling me to live with them (or even posting them) then I have problems.. I have a boring explanation about this including my understanding of responsibility and hate against power abuse, but really, fuck it...

3- that again I partly disagree, though I might admit you have talked some sense through.. the fact that main site, soccergaming.com isn't updated anymore might be a killer factor.. and maybe social media and stuff has damaged the concept of forums.. but, this site has something like 200.000 registered people over the years that makes over 12.000 new members/year so where the fuck are they? you don't need to sign up to see the site content, and yeah most of them just sign in once and never come back again but come on man, 12,000/year, roughly 35 new members/day.. every single day for 15 years!.. and SG Players Lounge has only like 5 new posts since the last 24 hours.. if you are still willing to think that social media or main site is the main factor behind this, you're avoiding the truth..

4-the thing I critise about yoyo, fili and skip are all very specific.. on the other hand I really really adore fili's witty posts, he's extremely funny most of the time which is a trick that is hard to pull, I like yoyo's posts and videos, and to be honest I struggle to call anything interesting about skip, though long ago I had some positive memories from his STML days.. I don't really like the new back door skip.. so I'm not saying they're destroying here..

5- not that important but that is irrelevant, you can still live in large cities and act like a rural.
Theodorakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 04:54:AM   #29
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
Rural people aren't that much different from urban people in my experience, they're actually a bit more patient if anything.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2014, 10:53:AM   #30
Hisashi
I bought C.Ronaldo

Hisashi is a jewel in the roughHisashi is a jewel in the roughHisashi is a jewel in the roughHisashi is a jewel in the rough
I'm as old as the forums cool.

Okay honestly give the mods a break. They're actually really nice and funny compared to other forums. I totally back them up. I was a total noob before who was very racist and was acting like a complete brat. No mod gave me a card for that. The mods even molded me and the forum completely made me a better human being. Sir Calumn and Azrael are nice people, I attest to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodorakis View Post
man, this forum is not only about Fifa and FM, it has Soccer forums and a Player's Lounge
It kinda actually is. See like bangus said most gamers who go here are 11-15 year olds who just want to download patches and kits and faces etc and just fuck off afterwards. I rarely meet any adult or somewhere in that age gap who goes here. When I first came here I didnt even see the Lounge or Soccer forum. It was practically invisible.
Old 29-12-2014, 06:01:AM   #31
newbie original
We apologize for keeping the yellow too long

newbie original is just really nicenewbie original is just really nicenewbie original is just really nicenewbie original is just really nice
Ok just something to point out.

My signature is stunningly hilarious and it does not have a single oversized (against the forum rules) picture in it.

The OP (of this thread) wanted his UserCP to be cleaned up. He needs to also clean up his signature or one of the moderators should automatically downsize it for him. Such actions should also be taken against all users with oversized pictures in their signature. The fact that this has not been done greatly disappoints me.

░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓███abcdegfgh:███▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░
sdfsgss=3445522217456

Code:
~ Keyboard not found!
~ Press ENTER to continue ...
newbie original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 11:01:AM   #32
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
We need to devise a system wherein someone is responsible to to notify the rest of us when shit goes down in this subforum.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 11:27:AM   #33
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Some comments:

1. The reigning poster of the year is newbie, who I don't believe anyone has so much as PMed in his entire existence on these boards. Other than that we do generally vote among ourselves because no one else posts so there's no one to vote for and even if there was, come on, we rock.

2. I love the 'I used to think you were cool' line people always use, like Theodorakis here with Fili.

3. Hisashi attests to Calumn and I being nice guys, and I think that deserves to be repeated.

4. Skip is definitely the least interesting regular on the boards (like, come on, his defining trait is that he's Hispanic! He's a Barca fan for crying out loud, they all suck). That's why I don't get why he was being singled out here. I mean, I've worked really hard to be the go-to guy people complain about and it really hurts my feelings that he gets the nod.

5. Why do people keep checking the User CP? Are there cookies there? Anything done in the User CP should be a one-off, like changing your avatar (note that both guys complaining have no avatar or sig), so seeing a gross pic for one second every few months should not be such a big deal. If you're checking the CP regularly to see your reps, maybe you should stop.

6. I don't get why Theo is bothered by a double standard if he has no way of knowing for sure who is leaving him those reps.

7. The forum has lost a lot of traffic, mostly because people just grow out of it. I know a bunch of members who just stopped checking in, but it's not that they left for somewhere else, they just moved on to other things. I think the fault lies mostly on the main site. The forums themselves are pretty lenient and much more welcoming than most large forums. The thing is that for many of us the best thing about the forum has nothing to do with gaming, we stuck around for the community. But that doesn't change the fact that people come here for what the site offers, and only a small fraction ever checks what else is there. The Fifa forums are still active but those guys come in for specific reasons and rarely care about anything else.

8. regularcat for the win. Where is that thread where yoyo exposed him for faking a girlfriend?

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 02:10:PM   #34
4ndr3i
SG's van Bommel

4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I find it highly disappointing that Hisashi did not bother to mention me in his post considering I'm like a father figure for him.

" The angels ain't singing to your tune no more, don't move too fast, move it slow...
Cuz one day you're here, Next thing you know, everything you used to move don't move no mo'! "
2013 DRAFT CHAMPION
4ndr3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 02:11:PM   #35
Mus
YELLOW CARD: Untrustworthy

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Mus
I think it's because PC gaming is dead, which was the basis and draw of this forum

Edit: the reason for less traffic that is

Last edited by Mus; 29-12-2014 at 02:39:PM.
Mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 03:30:PM   #36
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Nope, try this.

Old 29-12-2014, 09:16:PM   #37
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Moderating is hard, ok? Pay me a salary and I'll respond to your requests within a reasonable time frame.

Sir Didier Drogba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 12:55:AM   #38
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
If I check my user cp I see a female version of a Prince Albert being penetrated in gif form. That makes me remember that I shouldn't check my user cp. Did I ever bitch or moan about it? No... mostly because I'm too lazy, but that's besides the point.

And to Az's point - I'm the last of my kind! Jimmorrison is basically a baseless rumors-bot and ronnifan pops in once a year at most. You gotta share the Spaniard of SG title with Arnau. Deal with it!

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Back Door Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 02:40:AM   #39
regularcat
Manager

regularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
8. regularcat for the win. Where is that thread where yoyo exposed him for faking a girlfriend?
are we going to go there again ?

we can play the let's try to make a liar out of cat right here, we don't need
a thread that has disappeared into thin air to take it there.