Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 14-02-2013, 09:09:AM   #14
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele

I stayed at LA until late April. I got to the Champions Cup final and won four MLS games then the offer to manage Santa Clara came along. I looked it up and found out that Santa Clara is in the Azores (which is why is says so on the badge! *slaps forehead*) and I just saw an episode of Simply Ming about the Azores and it looked pretty cool so I took the job. They play here.

I just had to avoid relegation, it was easy. I won 3 and drew 1. My win over Leixoes actually ended up costing them promotion. You'll see that a transfer fell through. I tried to sign Ryan Pore on loan because Donovan, Enfield, Quaranta, and Ibrahim are all dealing with extended injuries and when Donovan gets fit again I plan on calling him into the USA squad for the Gold Cup. Good luck to the next LA manager.

I don't really have much interest in managing Santa Clara though, I'm hoping Chivas USA go on a really shitty run of form so I can do a heel turn.

genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"

Last edited by Bobby; 14-02-2013 at 09:18:AM.
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 03:32:AM   #15
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
I'm somewhat of an American treasure both in real life and in Football Manager now.

Following the season with Santa Clara I started my summer campaign with the USA which included both the Gold Cup and the Confederations Cup. After largely walking the Gold Cup, which save for scraps with Mexico and St. Martin (who I actually trailed for about 30 minutes!) was easy, I went to the Confederations Cup.

This was played in bits while I watched a Charlie's Angels marathon on Universal HD. I'm obsessed with the original run of that show.

I thought my 3-0 win over Egypt was pretty good but it turns out Italy and Australia beat them even worse which made it tough on goal differential. I drew with Italy which meant I had to get a result against Australia on matchday 3 and just managed to eek out a 1-0 victory against a really resilient side. Second wasn't great though as this meant I faced Brazil.

The team was really up for this one and actually stood in with Brazil blow-for-blow. Gomez started this one with Rossi (I know, I know!) taking the suspended Donovan's playmaker role. It wasn't a classic goal by any means, Rossi got in the way of a Dani Alvez clearance and Gomez latched onto it in the box. I don't care how it looked, I'll take it.

That set up this final against Italy, I'll let the screens do the talking.

Five of Italy's shots came in stoppage time, I swear I was about to piss my pants. Howard was incredible.

Now down to the business of either preparing Santa Clara for a new season or finding a new job.
genius

Last edited by Bobby; 15-02-2013 at 03:35:AM.
Old 15-02-2013, 06:32:AM   #16
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
hahahahahahaha

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 07:46:AM   #17
Bobby
The Legend

This is a really great Tumblr: http://fycharliesangels.tumblr.com/ How can anyone not love Cheryl Ladd from that era? Un.fucking.real.

I've started the season with Santa Clara pretty well. The first three matches were a gauntlet, Beira-Mar, Académica, and Vitória de Guimarães. All of them are predicted to finish in the top four (Vitória picked to win the league). I drew with Beira-Mar 1-1, got beaten 2-1 by Académica after I equalized in the 80th minute, and stole (really) a big three points against Vitória.

Sitting 9th after three games. The board and fans are expecting me to fend off relegation (media prediction is 12th), so I'll take that result. I'm worried about the massive amount of debt the club is carrying though.

So far two MLS jobs (Chicago and Houston) have opened up and the media has asked me about both of them, I told them I'm not interested which delighted Santa Clara. It's not out of loyalty though, it's just that I'm waiting for one of LA's rivals (San Jose or Chivas USA).

Edit: Just realized SJ's not in this game!
genius

Last edited by Bobby; 15-02-2013 at 08:08:AM.
Old 15-02-2013, 08:45:PM   #18
Bobby
The Legend

A few days ago Deadspin posted one of their reviews of morning sports radio shows and talked about how Katherine Webb was thankful to Brent Musberger for "jump-starting" (or just starting, really) her career in television by repeatedly saying how attractive she was during the BCS title game. Someone in the comments said that she's "80s hot", which is something that I hadn't thought about before but seems to really hit the nail on the head. I guess I'm pretty into that, though more specifically the late 70s - early 80s type. Bo Derek in "10" is basically the epitome of that, I'm 100% certain she's entirely to explain for my affinity for women with cornrows. She's actually still hot to this day.

This could really use some input from Yoss.

So a third of the way through the season and we're doing pretty well, sitting fourth though that could drop a few spots depending on other results. You can see that Académica and Beira-Mar are threatening to gap the league. Beira-Mar are actually in the UEFA Cup too because they got to the final of the Taça last year. Vitória started slowly but they seem to have turned the corner.

Results including the Taça de Portugal win against lower division Machico. Very few of the games have been comfortable, but the results are all that matters. That loss against Chaves SUCKED, my goalkeeper got injured and the backup conceded a ridiculously soft goal.

If I can take 18 points every 10 games I'll be pleased with that.
genius
Old 15-02-2013, 09:18:PM   #19
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Hahahaha, Santa Clara! That's my gf's team!(she's from Açores)

You should reach for loans from Porto/Benfica/Sporting, that should get you players who are decent enough for promotion and you don't have to spend a lot of money!
Old 15-02-2013, 10:48:PM   #20
Bobby
The Legend

The Azores suddenly became a lot more interesting!

Yeah, I'm looking at some players I can bring in on loan. I have to offload some first though because I've filled my registration. I'm desperately in need of some depth on the left side of the field. I have three players for two positions (one AM L, one DL, and one who can do both).
genius
Old 16-02-2013, 12:20:AM   #21
Bobby
The Legend

A. This is gonna be awesome for the finances.

B. Oh shitballs.

genius
Old 16-02-2013, 12:30:AM   #22
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
"Porto, who have won the competition an impressive zero times, will be looking for their 3rd consecutive win."

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 12:43:AM   #23
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Haha I love the confusions between the database history of the clubs and the history created in the save games, classic CM/FM.
Old 16-02-2013, 12:59:AM   #24
Bobby
The Legend

Haha, that's the second time I've gotten that error. I remember getting it in the FA Cup when I drew United in an old save after they'd won it like 4 times in a row.
genius
Old 16-02-2013, 02:56:AM   #25
Bobby
The Legend

Not bad. Not bad at all.

The Porto result was bad though. Oh it was really bad.
genius
Old 16-02-2013, 05:54:AM   #26
Bobby
The Legend

Twenty games down annnnnnnnd...

We're playing like shit.

I think I did all of that during that little skid. It was so frustrating to watch them continually shit the bed no matter what changes I made. I really need Nene (a solid defensive midfielder from Cape Verde I got on a free in the summer) back. The team is like a boat without a rudder without him.

Despite playing like that I'm actually not that far off the playoff spot (I am *not* reaching 1st). We'll see. I'd be happy with anything above 8th, honestly.

WWE/Portugal related: Alto Montoya was Justin Credible.
genius

Last edited by Bobby; 16-02-2013 at 06:00:AM.