Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average. Display Modes
Old 30-12-2011, 12:45:PM   #40
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Don't care for your signings, but I think you'll probably do a little better this season from experience. Surprised you didn't look to reinforce the defense though, your fullbacks aren't the best.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 03:29:PM   #41
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I had Rossi at Villarreal playing the secondary striker role and he had a good season. In 29 games he scored 21 (6 from penalties), 9 assists, 5 MOM and an average rating of 7.56. Lucas looks like a really great all-round CM and I would like to buy him in one of my games so tell me how he does, I would not pay that much for him tho.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 05:16:AM   #42
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I'm having a bit of bad luck with injuries so far. As mentioned before, Nasri was out a while. Now De Jong is out a while with a bruised ligament. Rossi is out a few weeks because of a dislocated shoulder, Silva barely got back and was injured his first game back. Balotelli is having back issues... on and on.

Anyway, I drew the group of death in the CL. FML.

And for some reason I lost the option to defer the press conferences to my assistant, so I've been giving them the Bill Belichick treatment.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Back Door Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 06:55:AM   #43
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Your Assistant's contract ended and you didn't sign another one. Can't assign assistant manager duties when you don't have one. Frankly, I don't see that group as so bad either.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:29:AM   #44
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
So after a season and a half at Man City I was sacked, and Man City hired Villas-Boas... I did suck. I was like 4th in the PL, but I qualified to the round of 16 of the Champions League with ease. I beat Real Madrid twice which I thought was a big accomplishment.

I simmed to the end of the year and was picked up by Bolton. Their team was pretty ****ty, and made a few purchases... the most significant I can remember was Benayoun. Anyway, I lasted about 16 games because I was incredibly inconsistent. I would string 3 wins and lose like 5, then win another 3 and drop another 6. And so on... I was midtable, which I figured was decent, but I still got the boot.

I simmed again, but not even a month later Sunderland picked me up. They were dead last and only had 10 points through 20 games. I had to do a lot of catching up, which at times looked like it wasn't possible. I was able to catch up seemingly salvage the team from relegation... or so I thought. Then the last 6 games were brutal.

I lost to ManU 1-0, lost to Arsenal 3-2 (after being up 2-0), lost to Liverpool pretty badly and beat Leeds 2-0 and drew with Wolves 2-2 (after being up 2-0).

I was about 4 points clear and thinking I had a chance to actually had a chance to jump a few spots to be safer, but then out of nowhere Norwich beats ManU 1-0 and Bolton 2-1. They surpass me by one point and I have to play against Bolton, the team that sacked me earlier in the season.

Again!!! After being up 2-0 and thinking I just saved the team from relegation while at the same time getting redemption from beating the team that sacked me earlier, these mother****ers come back down 2 and steal my three valuable points. ****! To make matters worse, Leeds (the closest safe team to me) plays Chelsea, so I think I have a good chance. Wrong. They ******* won.

Frustrating. I really suck at this game.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 05-01-2012, 09:38:AM   #45
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

I'm surprised you continued as Bolton and Sunderland. Those are ******* hard assignments man. Most of us who post in here have been playing this game for 10 years, you gotta ease into it a little bit. Not a bad showing in all honesty for your first game. I find that playing attacking football on the road, sometimes even if you are vastly superior as a team, is a recipe for a draw or loss. Don't park the bus, but go out with a "standard" mentality. Anyway, you weren't bad, and there are good teams in England; the weight of expectations on City are enormous.

If you just want to win, I suggest you pick a club that is dominant in its domestic league (Shakhtar, Bayern, Basel) and go from there. If you want a good squad without such demanding expectations, maybe try Fiorentina, Valencia, Schalke/Leverkusen. Just learn something from every game and you'll get better fast.

Oh, and for a beginner there's no shame in downloading tactics. And you might also want to lurk or post around at thedugout or the SI Games forum.

Last edited by Nimreitz; 05-01-2012 at 09:43:AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:59:AM   #46
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Cool, that's good to hear at least. I was going to just start a new save, but I just said **** it.

I actually did try the downloaded tactics with Bolton, but it didn't seem to suit them... I would win big or get my ass kicked. I tried another similar downloaded tactic, but despite it being the same base formation, it said they needed to learn the tactic, so that backfired. I was too inconsistent. Also it seemed that if I made tweaks to it when it wasn't working, it would actually make things worse. I ended up sucking it up and tried to learn more about how things work and try to tweak my own formation with Sunderland instead of letting them do it for me. That actually gave me better results.

I mostly played defensive, slow, narrow, possession 4231 with a target man, and that yielded the best results. Asamoah Gyan and Ji Dong-Won split in scoring, and that helped me catch up. Down the stretch is where I had problems. I would dominate, take the lead and then give up the lead if I stayed in the same philosophy. So then I tried to go more defensive. All that did was make me lose possession and give them tons of chances.

I lost count of how many leads I gave up after seemingly dominating then them countering what I was doing, and I had no answer for them.

I really didn't mind this save, though. I felt like I learned more from it than I did with City... I'm hoping I can start a new save with a solid team and see how I do with them.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 11-01-2012, 09:36:AM   #47
Back Door Skip
Pedro

After a small hiatus I decided it wasn't worth trying to go with Sunderland in the Championship, so I resigned. I simmed it and Bochum hired me, but I had no real intentions of taking yet another relegation zone team in another strong league. So I ended up starting a new save.

I decided to take the Ukranian PL since they seem to have solid teams, but I didn't really want to try with Shakhtar for some reason. I thought of Dynamo Kiev, but wasn't that interesting. I decided for Dnipro Dnipropretosk. No other reason than that I only was familiar with them cause Nery was on loan with them for a bit (very unsuccessful I might add). They are solid on finances and they had some solid talent.

I opted for no downloaded tactics only because I want to have full understanding as to why things are working and why they aren't, and it seems that when they're downloaded I have no option to tweak it much if at all.

I'm playing the conventional 4-3-3 with a DM and it has worked out well enough. One thing that I noticed was that actually putting the DM as support was more effective for some reason. I always had DM as defend, but for some reason support seems to be more versatile and doesn't run out of position.

Here's the formation:

So far with very minor tweaking, this formation has yielded me these results:

I'm content with it for the most part aside for the fact that no matter who I play, I tend to win by a minimal margin. Also, for some reason I seem to score mostly from FKs and corners, and my attackers hit the bar way too often.

Also as you can see, my only experience in the Europa League Qualifiers was a complete ass kicking at the hands of Lazio. That was just sad. I had no answer.

This is the table thus far. As you can see ******* Shakhtar hasn't lost and they look to be unbeatable... and I happen to play them next. It should be interesting how it pans out.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43:AM   #48
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Hahaha, Shakhtar

Old 11-01-2012, 10:37:AM   #49
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Giuliano is good. Had him for a long tim at Ajax in fm11. He's kind of good all round but isn't fast enough or good enough in passing to be a superstar winger or cm.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:46:PM   #50
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Why are 3 clubs in blue? Surely Kiev isn't a feeder club?

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54:PM   #51
Back Door Skip
Pedro

I'm not too sure. Maybe some type of affiliate? They're on my subscriptions along with the two feeder clubs. I'm too lazy to take them off.

Anyway, as expected I lost to Shakhtar. I lost 1-0, even though I contained them well and countered them. I controlled most of the match with slow tempo and short passing. I though I could squeek out a result but I got beat on a ******* wonder goal from like 35m out. I also hit the post twice and my striker missed a complete sitter late in the game. This game can be a lot more frustrating than Fifa at times.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34:AM   #52
Back Door Skip
Pedro

I'm at the winter break and things are going well.

The timing isn't great because I've seem to have peaked right at the winter break. I didn't realize how long the winter break was. Jeez.

I ended up beating Metalist, which are second and cut their lead to one point.

The table at the break. At this point I'm going for second place because Shakhtar isn't losing. They seem to rarely concede, too...

Sig courtesy of Tosiek