Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 13-11-2011, 12:11:PM   #40
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Oh, I'm not playing first. I rather like the idea of first player not starting the game to be honest.

I don't know about the idea of Kim Jong-Sung. Not convinced there. To be honest, I'd rather another Castro game. Or even something else altogether - just something random.

Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 01:00:PM   #41
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Kim Jong-Sung is my finest work and if you don't use him I definitely will. Pablo already has a history, we need a new guy. Vladivostok is RIGHT NEXT TO North Korea. North Korea is a total weird ass mystery of a country and it would be fun to have a refugee/privileged person allowed to go abroad particularly with dubious qualifications.

I picked "Pablo Castro from Cuba" because it's just so unusual. Who was the last Cuban footballer you could name? Can you name a single one ever? I can't. North Korea is kind of the same, although a few guys have played abroad in recent years; Hong was at Rostov for a few seasons although doesn't seem to have made a mark. Also the communist link at least ties this all together.

Alex, your league suggestions are preposterous, it would take me months to finish a season. I don't care for view-only, and my laptop has been serviceable with ~10-12 leagues running and large database putting all the leagues in the foreground. However I do understand it's not the same for everyone, so I would be fine if France, Holland, and Portugal were view-only to help out. Other eastern European leagues aren't necessary, but if you do want maybe Romania (for sure IMO, best east Europe talent ground), Serbia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia etc I would suggest leaving out Portugal, Holland, and France in that order. I'd be fine if Germany was left off too.

Also, I forgot to mention Brazil. Always include Brazil's top division. If I start a game without Brazil, I restart.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, France, Portugal, and Holland seem unnecessary to me. Good players that get produced simply won't come to Russia. On the other hand, Brazilians will, and then I say pick 2 more Eastern Euro nations as well. I think Romania is the best as I said above, but I could see some others, namely Croatia and maybe even Turkey.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Last edited by Nimreitz; 13-11-2011 at 01:07:PM.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 01:25:PM   #42
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
Kim Jong-Sung is my finest work and if you don't use him I definitely will. Pablo already has a history, we need a new guy. Vladivostok is RIGHT NEXT TO North Korea. North Korea is a total weird ass mystery of a country and it would be fun to have a refugee/privileged person allowed to go abroad particularly with dubious qualifications.

I picked "Pablo Castro from Cuba" because it's just so unusual. Who was the last Cuban footballer you could name? Can you name a single one ever? I can't. North Korea is kind of the same, although a few guys have played abroad in recent years; Hong was at Rostov for a few seasons although doesn't seem to have made a mark. Also the communist link at least ties this all together.

Alex, your league suggestions are preposterous, it would take me months to finish a season. I don't care for view-only, and my laptop has been serviceable with ~10-12 leagues running and large database putting all the leagues in the foreground. However I do understand it's not the same for everyone, so I would be fine if France, Holland, and Portugal were view-only to help out. Other eastern European leagues aren't necessary, but if you do want maybe Romania (for sure IMO, best east Europe talent ground), Serbia, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia etc I would suggest leaving out Portugal, Holland, and France in that order. I'd be fine if Germany was left off too.

Also, I forgot to mention Brazil. Always include Brazil's top division. If I start a game without Brazil, I restart.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, France, Portugal, and Holland seem unnecessary to me. Good players that get produced simply won't come to Russia. On the other hand, Brazilians will, and then I say pick 2 more Eastern Euro nations as well. I think Romania is the best as I said above, but I could see some others, namely Croatia and maybe even Turkey.
Once DLR starts in season 12, and we're winning everything, Good Dutchies and Franchies WILL come to Russia!!

I did get carried away with Leagues, I said that!

View Only is all you need these days - you can add the players you want from the database anyway in the game set up. And as we won't be leaving Russia, why make other leagues playable? If we really want, we can add ability to play it later on.

I'd propose:
Playable:
Russia: All Tiers
View Only:
England: EPL, Championship, L1, L2
Spain: Two Tiers
Italy: Two tiers
Germany: Two Tiers
France: Two Tiers
Holland: Top Tier
Portugal: Top Tier
Ukraine: Top Tier
Belarus: Top Tier
Brazil: Top Tier

Do we want Romania and Czech? I think no?

Then DB: Large + Players from Top Division Clubs in Europe + Current International Players: South America, Europe, Asia, North America and Africa.

Last thing before I start the game, what is the limit on years as Sugar Daddy?

Dan - I've been talked into the Kim Jong thing. Forgot about proximity to North Korea. That said, he (or another family member) could make a really good chairman too??

Old 13-11-2011, 01:29:PM   #43
Alex
sKIp_E

This guy could be a good Chairman too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Nikolayev

Old 13-11-2011, 01:32:PM   #44
Alex
sKIp_E

Is it safe to assume Dan (as initial game creator) or Az (this thread started) are playing first (and second?) season??

Old 13-11-2011, 04:01:PM   #45
Alex
sKIp_E

Basically ready to go. I made a couple of the big Rusian Premier League sides have chairmen that were background or foreground sugar daddies (only 2-4 clubs - not telling which but it should become obvious!). But don't want to give them money at this stage, incase they start buying crazy straight away. Either way, it should make it harder for us to compete, should we get promoted to the top flight.....and it should make it so once we start competing in Europe, the others can compete with us still...

I also through in a couple of hidden secrets - like a Champions League kit (doesn't change from our normal one much) which we'll wear once we're in the Champions League, and a special 2017 kit, for the 100th anniversary of the Russian Revolution (hey it's the far far east, right near North Korea and China!?). Not so hidden any more. I hope they work. I think there is one more little hidden thing I did. Nothing that will effect the game in anyway though!

Old 13-11-2011, 04:45:PM   #46
Alex
sKIp_E

Uploading now.

We still have to make a rule about changing from sugar daddy foreground, to background, and then under writer.

I think maybe we change to background after our first year in the Champions League (not just Europe, but Champions League PLEASE NOTE: background you still get good money from the chairman). Then after either: 5 years in Champions League OR we win the Champions League we change it to Underwriter (still a rich man owns you, but he only throws in money to pay off debts).

Old 13-11-2011, 04:48:PM   #47
Alex
sKIp_E

Just noticed something that is annoying me is I didn't capitalise Sung. Might correct that when it comes around to me, unless someone else wants to.

Old 13-11-2011, 04:48:PM   #48
Alex
sKIp_E

BAM!
http://www.fileserve.com/file/FKFDrWV/Succession.fm

Dan or Az?

Old 13-11-2011, 07:03:PM   #49
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Not me, I thought we'd be talking this over for a while longer.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 07:37:PM   #50
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Little surprised you took matters in own hands, Alex, especially considering you're not planning on playing first. Let other regulars have their say about the set-up of the game.

And again, I have no idea why we sould select 4 tiers in England. Premier League is more than enough... there'll be plenty of good players available for Vladivostok regardless of all these extra leagues. (EDIT: I now notice you put them on view-only, so it's not that bad for slower computers.)

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Last edited by Juventino; 13-11-2011 at 07:42:PM.
Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 08:28:PM   #51
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
I don't see any point in having more than one tier in any league other than our own, or maybe some of our neighbouring leagues. Still, full Russia and top tier for 8-10 leagues or so should be good enough. Anyone who wants less or more should just load them when it's his turn. If I get stuck with 20 leagues I'm just gonna lose interest because it'd take too long to play.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 09:25:PM   #52
Alex
sKIp_E

I can do it again. It's no issue.

I'd prefer more than one tier so that it opens up possibilities for buying. We will be buying players from below the premiership to start.

As I said, happy to start it again whenever. Wasn't hearing much discussion and that I did hear I took into account. Just let me know what needs changing. Not sure how much we're going to discuss it before we do it though!!

All the leagues are on view only, except ours. Silly to do anything else. Az-you can't add leagues to view only. Only to playable.

This year view only seems further removed from other years. It's more about the number of players in the database, and playable leagues, as far as slowing down the game goes. With playable leagues, we can also turn match detail right down too (for instance once we're promoted to top flight in Russia turn the second tier right down, and before we make it to Europe, turn Europe detail right down). Those details make much bigger impact than how many view only tiers you have in England.

As Juve mentioned, view only does have quite an impact.

But as I said, it's all really not an issue for me. If we're that scared of speed I can start it again with even less view only leagues. I was just trying to get something up before I went to bed so we could hook in!