Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 01:47:PM   #27
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Hahaha imagine the poor bastards from Spain or somewhere having to fly to basically Japan to play a Champions League tie!

Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:53:PM   #28
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Have we settled on Russia? I'd prefer a place with relatively lenient foreign player laws, but it's not a big issue. What are the rules for foreign players in Russia?

Ukraine, Poland, Croatia, Romania, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, etc all sound good, too. I think Belgium would be my favorite, but it's quite unimportant.

No one say we should pick Russia because of oil money because that's stupid. We should pick based on the game aspects, not based on the believability of a made-up backstory.
Yeah definitely agree. But Russia is also good because of the idea of playing in Vladivostok :P

And, as someone mentioned before, it's also part of the fun that we go to a League that has some teams that used to be big clubs. With DLR, and us winning europe (and hopefully making some of the other big clubs in that nation rich too) then they could also return to past glories a bit.

Russia has some big clubs.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:55:PM   #29
Alex
sKIp_E

PS. I'm a bit anal, and if we do go with this, can I create the game? I'm happy not to play first (or even second) season, but I'd like to do it to set up the sugar daddy thing, and also the size of the DB (can we run a fairly big one - i hate having loads of players not there) and also to get rid of the fake Japan, etc.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:09:PM   #30
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Yes, I agree Az & Alex, I prefer Russia because of Vladivostok and the numerous possible rivalries (Zenit, Spartak, CSKA, Lokomotiv, Anzhi, you name 'em), not for the game to be realistic with a sugar daddy.

Belgium is too bleh in my opinion. Is it even a real country? I heard it might be a hoax and that when you cross the southern border of Holland you'll be in France. But really, Belgium's like Switzerland, nobody cares.

We could start a game in what used to be Transylvania... Romania, that is. Count Dracula buying up a football team, hehehe.

PS. Night games only in Transylvania!
Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:04:PM   #31
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventino View Post
Yes, I agree Az & Alex, I prefer Russia because of Vladivostok and the numerous possible rivalries (Zenit, Spartak, CSKA, Lokomotiv, Anzhi, you name 'em), not for the game to be realistic with a sugar daddy.

Belgium is too bleh in my opinion. Is it even a real country? I heard it might be a hoax and that when you cross the southern border of Holland you'll be in France. But really, Belgium's like Switzerland, nobody cares.

We could start a game in what used to be Transylvania... Romania, that is. Count Dracula buying up a football team, hehehe.

PS. Night games only in Transylvania!
They don't even have a government!

Vladivostok still sounds great, BTW.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:16:PM   #32
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Yeah, I like the idea of Valdiwhatever actually, and I doubt I'll play in Russia otherwise, so I'm game.

Just one thing, regarding loading nations, I think whoever's playing should communicate with the next guy. My PC isn't that good, I am currently running 11 leagues on my save and while it's not too slow, it'd be too slow for me to run a full season in a week or so, so if Fili was behind me for example, I'd ask him to remove a few leagues if there were too many, and if Alex was in front of me and he had a great PC, I could load more leagues for when it's his turn.

Why the person behind you? Because leagues have different loading dates, and if we play Russia, the loading date for most leagues would be midseason.

Sound good for y'all?

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:21:PM   #33
Alex
sKIp_E

Yeah. I wouldn't mind any eastern block country to be honest. Russia is the most appealing though, because it's the biggest, AND whilst it's not a big issue to me, it's also the nation that could feasibly become a football world power again.

Old 13-11-2011, 01:51:AM   #34
Alex
sKIp_E

Trouble with that theory Az, is that it's not purely the number of leagues you have running that slow down/speed up the game. It's also the number of active players (which makes a big difference, and I'd prefer not to have too little there!) and also detail level of each (which you can turn down yourself immediately).

But still a good idea.

Old 13-11-2011, 07:57:AM   #35
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I think Vladivostok with a sugar daddy would be incredibly fun and I throw my full support behind it. Those away ties in Europe are going to be BRUTAL!

Alex, before you set up the game, who is the manager? Senor Pablo again? I think that Vladivostok's location and the possible shady connections of our oligarch owner provides the perfect opportunity... Kim Jong-sung, North Korean.

Jong-sung is just combining the Il-Sung and Jong-Il, but it continues the "is he related to that authoritarian communist family?" theme.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 08:01:AM   #36
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
On the question of what leagues to load, I think we should go down into the Russian pyramid 2 or 3 levels (whatever is available), plus the top divisions in relevant Former Soviet Nations (mainly Ukraine and Belarus), then the main ones for realism (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, France, Portugal). That's 11 or 12 leagues running in 10 nations, which should be manageable for most comps. Maybe a little slow for crappy ones like mine.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 11:28:AM   #37
Alex
sKIp_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
I think Vladivostok with a sugar daddy would be incredibly fun and I throw my full support behind it. Those away ties in Europe are going to be BRUTAL!

Alex, before you set up the game, who is the manager? Senor Pablo again? I think that Vladivostok's location and the possible shady connections of our oligarch owner provides the perfect opportunity... Kim Jong-sung, North Korean.

Jong-sung is just combining the Il-Sung and Jong-Il, but it continues the "is he related to that authoritarian communist family?" theme.
I can make the save without adding a manager. I will have to make a chairman though. We should look up Vladivostok's richest man.

Also, how long do we keep Sugar Daddy on foreground for? 8 seasons? 10 seasons? 3rd season in Europe? They're my suggestions.

I'll load:
England (down to conference or League 2?)
Spain (3 tiers?)
Italy (3 tiers?)
France (2 tiers?)
Germany (2 tiers?)
Holland (2 tiers)
Portugal (1 tier, or two??)
And some of: Czech, Ukraine, Belarus, Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary and Romania (eastern block??)

The advantage we have here, is I can load these leagues as view only as well? Which uses LOADS less processing power. In fact I think England, Spain, Italy etc should all be view only as well.

Then I think we need to load LOADS of players - that is the important part.

Optional, but in my games, I also like to load (as view only - which as I said uses much less resources) load a league from South America, North America, Asia and Africa, so that all the continental competitions are played, and therefore the World Club Champs etc is more accurate. If we load those leagues, on view only, and ensure that the detail of the matches is switched to lowest, it shouldn't effect things too much. Let me know what everyone thinks about that.

Old 13-11-2011, 12:02:PM   #38
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Why the hell would you load all these leagues? I'm with Nimreitz; just load all Divisions from Russia, the top ones from the available former Soviet countries (Ukraine and Belarus) and then the top divisions of Europe's main leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France). You could put them on view-only, yes. I don't see the point loading lower tiers in these countries, because it's pointless and trivial to follow these leagues. Same counts for the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, etc, and leagues outside of Europe... who cares about the Club World Championship? But yes, large database.

And just make Vladivostok's current chairman a sugar daddy. And I love the idea for our manager Kim Jong-sung. Alex, you want to play first, right? Whoever plays first should just load the game and add the manager.
Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 12:10:PM   #39
Alex
sKIp_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventino View Post
Why the hell would you load all these leagues? I'm with Nimreitz; just load all Divisions from Russia, the top ones from the available former Soviet countries (Ukraine and Belarus) and then the top divisions of Europe's main leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France). You could put them on view-only, yes. I don't see the point loading lower tiers in these countries, because it's pointless and trivial to follow these leagues. Same counts for the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, etc, and leagues outside of Europe... who cares about the Club World Championship? But yes, large database.

And just make Vladivostok's current chairman a sugar daddy. And I love the idea for our manager Kim Jong-sung. Alex, you want to play first, right? Whoever plays first should just load the game and add the manager.
Yeah, I got carried away with the Eastern countries, and with the others because in my games I move around a bit (and usually get involved with a National Team too).

I'm also anal about realism, and like as many leagues as feasible. The reason we need some lower tiers is because I'm fairly sure that is where we'll be getting some players - at least to start with. Also, we need to look at who will be in Europe with us (later on), so I think having Portugal, and Holland in that group of nations you mentioned is good. They're also breeding grounds.