Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16:PM   #40
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Don't underestimate Chamakh. He's big and strong, but also pretty good with the ball. He scored like 18 goals for me, despite his poor finishing and being out injured for a long time. Plus Van Persie and Arshavin got bags of goals thanks to him holding up the ball and setting them up for a good shot.

Usually my attack went like this: My defense conquered the ball. Either Fabregas or Nasri would get the ball to Chamakh, who than either set up the two inside forwards or went for goal himself. It worked wonders for me.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Last edited by Zlatan; 12-02-2011 at 09:19:PM.
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:37:PM   #41
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Oh I meant not a big fan in real life, which usually influences my in-game decisions

Dispatched Almunia to Benfica (win-win for me ), and trying to get Lukaku on loan, with hopefully a future buy.
Old 15-02-2011, 09:22:PM   #42
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Samiiiir

Old 18-02-2011, 04:19:PM   #43
Filipower
Bunburyist

Oh my God oh my God oh my GOD! I'm literally waving my arms at each goal, what a cracking game! I finally put in a decent sequence of matches and then it culminates with this! Can I actually go all the way in the Cup? So far the match talks have worked wonders for those matches against bigger teams... I'm just ecstatic that my team have finally started to pick up pace!

Get iiiin

Here are the fixtures, I just can't believe the last 4 results! Huuh, I mean, yes, absolutely expected this, we're thinking one game at a time, staying focused, it's the fruit of hard work and all that

edit: Marítimo's manager got the sack

Last edited by Filipower; 18-02-2011 at 04:24:PM.
Filipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 04:38:PM   #44
Filipower
Bunburyist

F*ck I drew Porto. Good thing is if I pull a win out of the blue I will actually consider myself favourite to win it!

edit: I'm seriously hitting the jackpot since the tactic change (I changed tactics before the Varzim 3-1 win). Trashed Boavista and managed Espinho, now it's cup time again, I'm really confident I can get a positive performance against Porto!
I'm climbing up the table like nobody's business and if I get a decent result against Porto and manage a 3rd/4th place (or even a promotion!) in the Orangina I'm so jumping ship and trying to get in a bigger club

Last edited by Filipower; 18-02-2011 at 05:07:PM.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:28:PM   #45
Filipower
Bunburyist

CERVANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Holy ****. What a counter-attack performance by the team! I cancelled they're attempts to enter the box and was as effective on the counter as I could possibly be! This wouldn't be possible without the sequence of amazing morale-boosting results, and by Porto's dismissal of the game with weaker players, but I don't give a ****!
Old 18-02-2011, 09:45:PM   #46
Filipower
Bunburyist

So, obviously, I got the worst possible draw (again), Benfica. The semi-final is played in two legs, but still I don't see myself making it. Still dreaming though! Plus did cracked me up:

(It's definitely funnier to me than to you guys, obviously )

edit: Lost, but a CRUCIAL away goal!

Last edited by Filipower; 18-02-2011 at 09:49:PM.
Old 19-02-2011, 08:40:PM   #47
Filipower
Bunburyist

Sure was efficient in front of goal though!

So, the dream is over, but 5 games to go and the other goal is very much still attainable! F*ckin draws are killing me though!

Old 19-02-2011, 09:52:PM   #48
Filipower
Bunburyist

Final week, what a match in hand: I'm up against 3rd place Santa Clara!

again, the draws have meant I still haven't clinched promotion, which sucks because most of them have come from stupid late goals from the opponents...

Still, it's at home and I only need a draw, so I'm pretty confident

Last edited by Filipower; 19-02-2011 at 09:55:PM.
Old 19-02-2011, 10:09:PM   #49
Filipower
Bunburyist

There it is lads!

Great game, great win, great season! Here are the heroes:

Cervantes, the one and only veteran legend who thumped Porto!

Diogo Rosado, our very own DR6!

and Diogo Correua, the young loan from Leiria with the killer instinct!
Old 25-02-2011, 11:34:PM   #50
Filipower
Bunburyist

So, after an AMAZING season, here's what it all comes down to:

and what a time, too :
Old 25-02-2011, 11:46:PM   #51
Filipower
Bunburyist

YEEEESSS!! I almost as happy as when I won the CL with Leeds in FM10, man, what a joy! The difference is in this case all I want is to jump ship, haha!

It was only a draw, but it was enough, Aves are going to the Europa League (even if without me :P)

And yes, finally some reputation!
Old 25-02-2011, 11:58:PM   #52
Filipower
Bunburyist

F*ck, dilemma keeps getting bigger: stick with Aves or move on to a bigger club? I might not get one, but if I do, particularly a Portuguese one, the chances of European success shoot through the roof; I mean I didn't set out to do a game where I'd pick a team up and give them success like a did with Aves, and at the same time I reckon this is the highest I can put them, I'll get trashed in Europe. Damn.