Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 15-01-2011, 04:18:PM   #27
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
I selected all of them, then subtracted the ones that make Iceland look like the UCL.

I just selected the second-divisions from Portugal, Spain and Italy, though.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:01:AM   #28
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
****, I just picked this up again, no idea it was so overwhelming. I'm playing like crap, will have news once I eventually figure it out!

I'm thinking about even starting another one, just to get pumped about FM again, and then have the guts to pick up ******* Aves. So if a mod would be kind enough to change the thread name to something more related to me, instead of just Pentagon Challenge

Last edited by Filipower; 11-02-2011 at 12:03:AM.
Filipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:33:PM   #29
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Sure, enjoy.
rpvankasteren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:39:PM   #30
Filipower
Bunburyist

Ha! Cheers Ruud, didn't even know you still bothered coming around! How's things?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:57:PM   #31
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
hahahahahaha, great title

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:33:PM   #32
Filipower
Bunburyist

So I started a new game with Arsenal for a bit of fun, bought Otamendi and Aerola (young keeper). 4-2-3-1 with Nasri and Walcott on the wings, Song and Wilshere holding midfield and Cesc free to do whatever the **** he wants. It got me pumped enough to have the guts to pick up the Pentagon, but I might post a few pics of the Arsenal game as well!

For the time being though, with Aves things are not so good in the Orangina, but in a League Cup tie I just played Rio Ave, and beat them 3-2 in a great game, in which the opening goal was this gem from my right-back CLAUDEMIR

Old 12-02-2011, 05:55:PM   #33
Filipower
Bunburyist

Oh **** my life.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:18:PM   #34
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
TBH, Wilshere is a good player at the beginning of the game, but you might consider playing Arshavin on the left wing and Nasri next to Song in the central midfield. At least for the first season.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:14:PM   #35
Filipower
Bunburyist

I know, but I want to develop Wilshere as quickly as possible, plus Nasri's already injured (big surprise...), so it's Andrei on the wing. Also brought Rodney Sneijder to cover for that Inside Forward(the left winger role of Nasri/Arshavin)
Old 12-02-2011, 08:18:PM   #36
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipower View Post
Ha! Cheers Ruud, didn't even know you still bothered coming around! How's things?
Very well. Graduated, new job took off well, now looking to get a mortgage together to move into a place of my own again.

Grown up stuff

Btw, Dan, congratulations on the big one!
rpvankasteren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:25:PM   #37
Filipower
Bunburyist

Glad to hear it

Here are the three buys:

Sneijder is probably not a legend but he was a bargain and he can be useful when in the middle of the season I have like 45 injured players.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07:PM   #38
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
How's Van Persie doing? He had a monster season for me at Arsenal, playing him as an inside forward at the right wing. With Arshavin playing in a similar role on the left wing and Chamakh as target man I had a very deadly forward line. Van Persie kind of became the Robben of my team.

Oh and I played Nasri on midfield, in an attempt to try and create a midfield-duo a la Iniesta-Xavi at Barca. Didn't totally work out though because Fabregas had a bit of an average season by his standards.

Nonetheless I won all the prices available to me, including the CL with a beautiful winner by Van Persie versus Real in the final. Actually while I'm writing this, I'm wondering why I dropped that game.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"

Last edited by Zlatan; 12-02-2011 at 09:10:PM.
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:14:PM   #39
Filipower
Bunburyist

I'm not a big fan of Chamakh, so Robin as the Advanced Forward. Walcott as a right Winger and Nasri/Arshavin as left Inside Forward. Fabregas loose behind Robin as an Advance Playmaker, Wilshere as a Box-to-box and Song(Denilson, because Alex is injured) as a Ball-winning midfielder.