Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34:AM   #40
Seán D
fm prodigy

Seán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Seán D
I found that you can get decent guys in for 3 month loans.
Good to see you're going for youth. Definitely needed. Good to see you fixed the training/coaches as well. I got the academy/training facilities upgraded before I left so hopefully it will start producing new talent.

Not bad for our first ever Carling Cup game. Looking forward to the FA Cup. I challenge you to beat my 3rd Round run .
Old 02-08-2010, 12:40:AM   #41
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower

This concludes the youth revolution. We also had the first loss of the official season, but it's still very much early (3 games I think). Let's go Chelmsford!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:11:PM   #42
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
First penalties I've managed the team in, players responded great even though we had only three decent scorers on the field. Lonergan was the star of the tie-break saving two penalties, which was nice.

It was also a chance to use some less used players, and even a fairly promising youngster, John Bartley, who broke the record for younger player ever for the club.

Last edited by Filipower; 02-08-2010 at 08:13:PM.
Filipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:37:PM   #43
Filipower
Bunburyist

Jesus Christ SI. It's not even October yet. Plus Kevin Phillips has been on and off (more off than on), and Caldwell and Lonergan recently also got injured. F*ck. Actually getting a point was fantastic.

Last edited by Filipower; 03-08-2010 at 08:41:PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:46:PM   #44
Filipower
Bunburyist

Sorry guys a few problems have kept me from finishing it, but I'm now making up for lost time. I'm in March already, might finish it today or tomorrow

So far it's been shyte. I mean I've managed to keep us in the race for the Playoff, but the amount of injuries has just ruined this season completely. SI need to do something about this issue. Kevin Phillips is constantly injured, when he's not he's bagging hattricks so you see how he's missed. At one point we had Eikrem, Rooney, Phillips, Mérida, Cladwell and McCann all injured at the same time. Fortunately I've brought a young offensive midfielder in January who helped bag some important goals in a much needed time... We fell in the FA Cup against Tottenham, impossible to beat them I didn't try much, and the Johnstone's trophy I couldn't care less...

So, that's that for now, and sorry again...
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35:PM   #45
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Kevin Phillips is old as **** man, it would be more unrealistic if he was healthy all the time.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:37:PM   #46
Seán D
fm prodigy

Seán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud ofSeán D has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Seán D
Yeah, injuries seem to be rampant. I think it may be for the best if we stay in League 2 for a bit and build a decent squad.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:20:AM   #47
Filipower
Bunburyist

History has been made! We've secured 7th place, and with it the final spot for the playoff that can get us into League One! Now if only we hadn't drawn the team higher up in the Playoff spots, haha... Screenies in a minute, guys!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:32:AM   #48
Filipower
Bunburyist

Here they are!

Definitely too many draws I'd say... I don't mind the losses so much because sometimes we really don't deserved to win, there are definitely better teams in this Division... But the draws are frustrating, particularly the typical last minute screamers FM has got us used to...

This is the bloke we've brought in January, who provided us with much needed goals (he got 5) when people like Phillips, Elkrem, Rooney and Mérida were injured... Works wonders in AMC or ML/AML

Pretty good squad, I reckon it can be much much better, and it will have to be if we make it to League One... As you can see, Phillips, Elkrem and Norwood were crucial, the latter getting the highest av.rating(only one above 7.00) got my ego inflated obviously haha...

Ass whoop of the season

And a major home win against future division champions Brighton; amazing stuff

Now on to the Playoff! Reactions?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:39:AM   #49
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Very cool. Good luck.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:40:AM   #50
Filipower
Bunburyist

1-0 Half time in leg 1 against Stockport, things are looking up!

edit: First leg went good(another injury, sur-*******-prise), now for some Mourinho-like result management away from home

Last edited by Filipower; 09-08-2010 at 01:46:AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:21:AM   #51
Filipower
Bunburyist

Not only that, we were superior This is moving from a particularly normal season into a possibility of making history

Final is against 5th placed Bournemouth... Here we go, Wembley.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:56:AM   #52
Filipower
Bunburyist

Not quite as comfy as the 7-1, but still

I, really, cannot believe it, this got my FM ego skyhigh

League One, watch out