Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2007, 05:52:AM   #14
$teauA
Superstar

$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future
AMAZING :Bow:

$teauA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 06:06:AM   #15
ShearerM4
Fan Favourite

ShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ShearerM4
Great goal no doubt... and funny how very similar to Maradona's it is!! especially once he gets into the box and past the keeper.

Not even goal of the month though I'm afraid, I prefer long rangers or volleys to solo goals.
Old 19-04-2007, 06:46:AM   #16
jani
Fan Favourite

jani will become famous soon enough
fantastic!

but Kaká - Fenerbahce owns it

I've got a devil in me

NEW! This Is How I Will Raise My Child
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 07:19:AM   #17
tracertong
Reserve Team

tracertong will become famous soon enough
Amazing goal reminiscent of Maradonna against England. Well done Lionel.

tracertong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 07:49:AM   #18
SlowSilver
Fan Favourite

SlowSilver has a spectacular aura aboutSlowSilver has a spectacular aura aboutSlowSilver has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to SlowSilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShearerM4 View Post
Great goal no doubt... and funny how very similar to Maradona's it is!! especially once he gets into the box and past the keeper.

Not even goal of the month though I'm afraid, I prefer long rangers or volleys to solo goals.
I'd agree with Matt. This won't even come close to goal of the century. But a very good goal nonetheless. The difference between this goal and Maradona's is that Messi did it against Getafe.
Old 19-04-2007, 08:04:AM   #19
andy
Starting XI

andy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Wow, an orgasmic goal, nothing else to say about it...A magical run just like Diego's, and what is even more shocking is after he scores he falls to the ground just like Maradona did and runs just like him to celebrate to the right corner...For me this will be the goal of the decade, at least. I have to disagree with the user who said that this might be the goal of the month, you practically see very nice long-range shot goals from time to time, but you rarely (and I mean very rarely) see a solo run like Messi's.

PURE MAGIC, nothing more...

Member of Soccer Access.com and Fifa Express Argentina
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 08:06:AM   #20
Sevillista
Starting XI

Sevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to all
In response to some of the replies:

Getafe is not a bad team. They are 9th place and have conceded the fewest goals in La Liga.

Volley goals are impressive, but they require a lot of luck, and the opposing defence isn't really "beat." Today Messi took the ball half the length of the field and beat four defenders and the keeper by himself. It required just the right touches and incredible speed.

The Kaka goal versus Fenerbahce was impressive, but he started closer to the goal, beat fewer defenders, and shot past the keeper instead of beating him. I have to say Messi wins.

I am the new Paul the Octopus
Sevillista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 08:55:AM   #21
andy
Starting XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevillista View Post
In response to some of the replies:

Getafe is not a bad team. They are 9th place and have conceded the fewest goals in La Liga.

Volley goals are impressive, but they require a lot of luck, and the opposing defence isn't really "beat." Today Messi took the ball half the length of the field and beat four defenders and the keeper by himself. It required just the right touches and incredible speed.

The Kaka goal versus Fenerbahce was impressive, but he started closer to the goal, beat fewer defenders, and shot past the keeper instead of beating him. I have to say Messi wins.
Agree, how many volley goals do you see in comparison to solo goals from behind midfield?

Old 19-04-2007, 09:10:AM   #22
Thelonious
Senior Squad

Thelonious will become famous soon enoughThelonious will become famous soon enough
yer with modern footballs anyone with a bit of luck can score a great long distance or volley goal. Only truly great players can score goals like Messi's.

Last edited by Thelonious; 19-04-2007 at 09:28:AM.
Thelonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 09:15:AM   #23
ShearerM4
Fan Favourite

ShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ShearerM4
Each to his own as always...

Maybe I prefer blockbuster hard hits because the player I idolise was almost incapable of dribbling past ten players.

Or maybe he just didn't need to, unlike Messi
Old 19-04-2007, 09:22:AM   #24
andy
Starting XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShearerM4 View Post
Each to his own as always...

Maybe I prefer blockbuster hard hits because the player I idolise was almost incapable of dribbling past ten players.

Or maybe he just didn't need to, unlike Messi
That last line didn't make sense, but whatever. I respect your tastes, but all I am saying is that it is much more common to score long volleys than to score solo runs from half-field and bypassing various defenders. That is what makes this goal unique for me...

Old 19-04-2007, 11:13:AM   #25
pefan
Reserve Team

pefan could be mistaken for Xifiopefan could be mistaken for Xifiopefan could be mistaken for Xifio
great goal by Messi...But Getafe are no England lol.

"We all know that Johnnys gona score, Na na na na na na na na na na, na na, na na na na na na na na, na na, We all know that Johnnys Gonna score"

"I saw my mate the other day, He said he seen the white pele, then i asked who is he, he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney"
pefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 11:34:AM   #26
Ubik Valis
Croatian Viking

Ubik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond reputeUbik Valis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pefan View Post
great goal by Messi...But Getafe are no England lol.
Yeah, Getafe need to score own goals like against Croatia to be on that level.

As for Goal of the Century......hmmm.......let's give this century another 93 years before we start whipping out our dicks to circle-jerk to this - no doubt - beauty of a goal by Messi.