Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 16-08-2012, 04:05:AM   #14
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I concur with 4-4-2, then maybe if one of the strikers is ineffective you can sub in your AMC and play 4-4-1-1.

Oh and Guido.

Too bad he shows no pic, I totally picture a full blown spray-on tan, metrosexual Italian.
Back Door Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 02:28:PM   #15
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Apertura

(I'm not even a Star Wars fan.)

Already posted the most important additions to the team. Good ol' Guido proved to be a perfect addition to this team of youngsters (and he's still pretty young himself). I went with a 4-4-2, but I did practice the 4-4-2 Diamond in training and some easy matches. Carreras will have to become the star of this team eventually, but he didn't get a lot of playing time in the '13 Apertura.

Unfortunately I lost pretty heavily in my first Copa Sudamericana appearance. After the first leg it was pretty much over... Fortunately our next continental cup experience will be a step higher: Copa Libertadores.

Results:

... Champions on the last matchday! Boca drew at home vs. Velez while I f*cking destroyed Union. Epic matchday. I have a feeling it will only get better from here.

Felipe Mora and Jorge Canelo really improved their game and goal scoring this Apertura. Young Felipe became Alexis Sanchez's striking partner for the Chilean national team scoring 12 goals for Huracan, while Jorge Canelo scored 9. So proud of young Jorge. And he only just turned 18. Estigarribia became top assister with 12.

All of my key players are only around 20 and they're already becoming champions. Can't wait until the Brazilians arrive. This can be an AMAZING team by any standard.

Oh, Jorge, you want a wage rise and a Ferrari? Oh, a Ferrari for each member of your family?

Yes, yes you can.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Last edited by Juventino; 28-08-2012 at 02:35:PM.
Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 05:29:PM   #16
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Something strange happened in my game. There's this small club in Argentina named Sportivo Belgrano, Belgrano's little brother. They are playing in the Second Division. All of a sudden I got about 20 news messages about signings they are making... All Colombians, even though there's a limit of 4 foreigners.

There are more Colombians in their Reserves, plus there are about 10 more pending transfers of Colombians that are out of contract that will join them in June. What could be the deal here? Very odd.

Anyway, Estigarribia made it into the South American team of the year. Thought that was nice.

Old 14-12-2013, 05:37:PM   #17
Juventino
Manager

Can't get into FM14 at all, so I decided to pick this one up again. After three seasons at Huracan I assembled a pretty great young team with potentially world elite talents, so why not? It's the closest I am to finally winning my first ever Copa Libertadores.

After three seasons I won the 2013 Apertura title and the 13-14 Copa Argentina. My team couldn't do anything yet on the continental stage, crashing out in the '13 Copa Sudamericana and '14 Libertadores group stage. The average age of my team is around 20, it isn't very strange. I'm looking to add some real Argentinian assholes to my 2014-2015 roster to finally have some success in the Copa Sudamericana. I need to look into how qualification works again… I guess I'm not in the Copa Libertadores this season, despite finishing 1st in the Apertura and 2nd in the Clausura last season.

The first post features my progress with Huracan up until 2014-2015.

Last edited by Juventino; 14-12-2013 at 05:41:PM.
Old 14-12-2013, 05:53:PM   #18
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Are they called the Balloon Boys because they like to smuggle cocaine in their ass?

And I'll be sharing my Argentinian exploits soon! The player quality is quite good.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 05:57:PM   #19
Juventino
Manager

The story of the Balloon Boys is in the first post, man.

Yeah, I already have some European top sides interested in some of my players. The regens are extremely good which makes the game interesting especially down the line.

Old 14-12-2013, 06:07:PM   #20
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I was just trying to be funny.

When I tried to sell some of my back-ups I noticed they were valued around 2 mil, which is quite nice. Hopefully someone buys them now.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 07:04:PM   #21
Juventino
Manager

I think it would be funny to take over one of the South American clubs named after a person as the person they named the club after. Guillermo Brown, Juan Aurich, Jorge Wilstermann, César Vallejo, you name 'em. That's going to be my FM14 game and thread. After winning the Copa Libertadores with Huracan, of course.

Old 14-12-2013, 07:33:PM   #22
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
I always thought Huracan was a cool name.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 01:07:AM   #23
Juventino
Manager

Apertura

Boca is by far the strongest team in Argentina and their unbeaten status and goal record in this year's Apertura made it clear. Their payroll is about four times or more bigger than the second largest payroll, somewhere along Huracan's category. They also won the 2014 Copa Libertadores vs. São Paulo. I did finally have my first good run in a continental cup; I made it to the semi's of the 2014 Copa Sudamericana. I also qualified for the 2015 Copa Libertadores (group stage entry) so hopefully my Sudamericana run was a good sign of things to come.

2014 Apertura Standings:

Copa Sudamericana:

Jorge Canelo, future world star and my best player already, had a great Apertura. He scored 12 goals in the league and 5 goals in the Copa Sudamericana. He's only 19 years old, but already scored close to 50 goals for Huracan.

His striking partner Felipe Mora was hugely disappointing. Wasted a ton of chances and scored only about 10 matches into the Apertura. Hoping to see a significant improvement from him in the Clausura, or I might give one of my other striker prospects a serious shot. Franco Londoño, my Argentinian-Colombian bull which I signed from Boca's youth academy is raring to take his place.

José Carreras, my favorite player if only for the idea of him at his fulfilled potential, missed the Apertura through injury. I can see him being the star and leader of my first Libertadores triumph.

He's a bit injury prone, but I already signed two bodyguards to protect him from South America's bullies from Brazil: Augusto and João (I posted their profiles on the previous page).

This team + 5 years of development will be ridiculous.

Last edited by Juventino; 16-12-2013 at 01:16:AM.