Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > SG Players Lounge

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 05:59:AM   #1
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
Building my second desktop

Building the first one was a lot of fun. Its almost 3 years old now and is still a very solid PC so absolutely no regrets. I was able to play GTA V on maximum graphics, obviously FIFA 17 works fine on max settings and even more demanding games like the latest Tomb raider worked fine on high graphics (some scenes still lagged but they were rare) but there was some lag with very high graphics.

Here is my first ever build:

First desktop build thread here: http://www.soccergaming.com/showthre...light=building

I am building a second system for the family - Will mainly be for casual use for now - video watching, video streaming Word, Excel etc. We do not plan to play games on it for now but I am however building a system that has the potential to be upgraded to a gaming PC eventually, in case we decide to use it for games (otherwise I could buy a cheap readymade desktop from Bestbuy for C$ 500).

I am also considering adding the GTX 760 that I have on my current build in this new one in case I want to upgrade myself (thinking of the GTX 1070)

We opted for a microATX rather than an ATX because it will be in the living room and we don't want something massive there.

Here are the components:

1) Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M - red

Absolutely love this case. They have different colors but my wife chose the red one:

2) CPU: Intel Core i5-7600 Kaby Lake

3) Motherboard: ASRock - B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

4) Memory: ADATA - XPG Z1 8GB (2 x 4G DDR4-2800

5) HDD: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

6) SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

7) Video Card - None

We want to try and see how this system does without a dedicated card since it will not be for gaming at present. In the future we may get a card (Either my current GTX 760 or a new GTX 1050)

8) PSU - EVGA - B3 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Decided to go for Bronze because we do not intend to use this system for heavy gaming so I do not expect extreme power consumption

Buying a modular PSU was very important since the case is small therefore I do not need any unnecessary cables there.

9) Wireless Network Adapter - Asus - PCE-AC55BT PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Since this system will be in the living room, I do not want ugly ethernet cables everywhere. I chose this one because it is one of the rare cards that has both bluetooth AND Wifi. This will save us an extra PCIe slot.

5.25 inch bay - NZXT Aperture M card reader

As you can see, the case has only one 5.25 inch bay. We chose a memory card reader because we often take pictures and use both SD and microSD cards so this will be handy.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Last edited by Pogba4Now; 15-05-2017 at 03:29:PM.
Pogba4Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:09:AM   #2
Pogba4Now

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
I have ordered everything. They will be coming in the next few days.

The CPU has intel HD 630. Any thoughts about using the integrated graphics card for casual use (i.e. no gaming - mainly video streaming, Word, Excel etc).
Old 13-05-2017, 07:18:PM   #3
Pogba4Now

Looks like no one cares.

It's alright, I'm still going to post updates. I finished it. Just needs Windows (I am creating ISO right now) and Wifi still on the way. May have to use ethernet cable temporarily.
Old 14-05-2017, 03:50:AM   #4
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
What website did you use to find all the parts? I know I posted one in the old thread, but I forgot about it; that site was pretty cool and it would tell you if everything was compatible.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2017, 06:17:AM   #5
Pogba4Now

pcpartpicker.com to see if they are compatible. Fantastic website.

For CPU benchmarks I use: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

For GPU benchmarks I use: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Old 14-05-2017, 11:28:PM   #6
Sepak
Cocaine

Sepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond repute
Yo should not have bought the unlocked i5, you should've gone for the 7600 without a k to save a few bucks. With that mobo would be better.
Old 15-05-2017, 01:46:PM   #7
ashleybroke
Club Supporter

ashleybroke is on a distinguished road
want to redesign my Pc for new score game named Promotional Scarves

Last edited by ashleybroke; 16-05-2017 at 12:52:PM.
ashleybroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 03:28:PM   #8
Pogba4Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepak View Post
Yo should not have bought the unlocked i5, you should've gone for the 7600 without a k to save a few bucks. With that mobo would be better.
Sorry I have the 7600 not the 7600K. It was a mistake. It is 50 dollars cheaper. I am definitely not going to overclock.

I have the K version on my own PC - never overclocked. I tried but never felt much of a difference.
Old 15-05-2017, 04:45:PM   #9
Pogba4Now

Done! It booted the first time which is always a relief. I added an activated version of windows 10 from my wife's old laptop therefore didn't have to purchase it.

This case is pretty small so cable management was extremely challenging.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 16-05-2017, 01:29:PM   #10
Sepak
Cocaine

Sepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond repute
Looks cool. I'm updating my PC also. I bought the ryzen 1700x and I'm waiting for Vega to change my 980. I'll show you when it's done.
Old 16-05-2017, 10:50:PM   #11
Pogba4Now

Vega? You mean Evga? GTX 1080?

This PC is running very smoothly. No problems at all with 1080p videos and general use. I tried it on my 4K screen - doesn't run smoothly so this set up is best for 1080p.

Won't need a GPU for now but I like that I have the option to upgrade anytime.
Old 17-05-2017, 05:50:AM   #12
Sepak
Cocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogba4Now View Post
Vega? You mean Evga?
I mean Vega, it's the new AMD's highend card. I've been waiting a long time to have a card with HBM.
Old 17-05-2017, 07:16:AM   #13
Pogba4Now

sorry I know nothing about AMD. I've always only considered Intel and Nvidia. I am stubborn.