Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 17 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 12:33:AM   #27
NaFeR
Reserve Team

NaFeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NaFeR Send a message via Yahoo to NaFeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdingWayAriel View Post
Like PES in consoles. PES allows to import kits, change the database, add teams logos, etc. With that you can encourage again modders to contribute to the game and help to fill the gaps missing because of the lack of licenses.

And I guess we donīt need more than that. Of course we will miss other stuff, add new tournamets, etc. Anyway I think EA is so focused on FUT that nothing else matters. FIFA was a game that we loved to mod because of career mode that years ago was by far the most important one of the game. Now FUT is the king and career remains without changes. With time I guess it will be FUT 2021 instead of FIFA 2021.
Can you explain how to edit squads file properly? Thank you
Old 12-04-2017, 12:48:PM   #28
ModdingWayAriel
Club Supporter

ModdingWayAriel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaFeR View Post
Can you explain how to edit squads file properly? Thank you
Hi Iīve released this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtZxEDuYCE

Also a small tool to extract and create squad
http://www.moddingway.info/fifa17/FI...sConverter.rar
ModdingWayAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:54:PM   #29
PaulC327
Club Supporter

PaulC327 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hi Iīve released this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtZxEDuYCE

Also a small tool to extract and create squad
http://www.moddingway.info/fifa17/FI...sConverter.rar
Hey Ariel! Thanks for all your work. Does this tool work for any squadfile? (like downloaded rosters from EA) Or only the one from Moddingway?
PaulC327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:44:PM   #30
ModdingWayAriel
Club Supporter

ModdingWayAriel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC327 View Post
Hey Ariel! Thanks for all your work. Does this tool work for any squadfile? (like downloaded rosters from EA) Or only the one from Moddingway?
It works with anyone but you have to clean the squad files from EA. I mean certain database need to delete some garbage lines at the end of most tables like players, loans, etc.
ModdingWayAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:27:PM   #31
NaFeR
Reserve Team

Quote:
It works with anyone but you have to clean the squad files from EA. I mean certain database need to delete some garbage lines at the end of most tables like players, loans, etc.
When I try to edit my own squads file (not the moddingway ones), I have a problem when the converter tool try to convert the edited extracted DB to squads file; it says: "No database to convert".

I think it could be related with those "garbage" lines at the end of the tables (those lines with 0 and 1 or strange characters). Can you explain how to edit the squads file in order to make readable by the game?
Old 16-05-2017, 03:03:AM   #32
sphanlon
Youth Team

sphanlon is on a distinguished road
Ignorant me, I thought a game engine only affected graphical presentation. I didn't understand why you couldn't add competitions and leagues and stuff. But I guess database work is also affected by the transition to frostbite?
sphanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 11:28:AM   #33
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::..Federico Debla..::;3981997[B
]Before we know it, the community will be up and running full speed again.[/B]
All it takes is one big breakthrough and then it will all begin.
I guess you were wrong lol.

Not the one I hoped for. No more Ronaldo in Brazil...

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056
Sami 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 11:04:PM   #34
22FIFA
Youth Team

22FIFA is on a distinguished road
I am currently knowledgeable in web development languages such as HTML and CSS. I also know Javascript and currently learning Python. When I get a chance I'll delve into C++ and C# to help out into finding a way into frostbite. Regularcats is completely right. This thread has become a forum filled with consumers and little to no modders. If we want to keep this awesome FIFA modding community alive and not become console slaves and sheep we need to get of our asses and do some work. If we have enough time to sit down and whine about the lack of mods and or time to play fifa I am pretty sure we have time to do the research learn to code and rise from the ashes. Lets go people, what are you still doing reading this comment??? Get off your lazy butts and get to work!
22FIFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 02:16:AM   #35
Grinsmonster
Youth Team

Grinsmonster is on a distinguished road
you make great work ..for myself i have no Idea with Programming .. if i Had know programming i would help ... but i Canīt
Old 17-05-2017, 07:46:PM   #36
Fredhoer
Youth Team

Fredhoer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Like PES in consoles. PES allows to import kits, change the database, add teams logos, etc. With that you can encourage again modders to contribute to the game and help to fill the gaps missing because of the lack of licenses.
They did it before Ignite. You remember the Fifa Creation Center? It was possible to create teams and entire leagues on a flash page on internet and import the data in the game, it was a fantastic tool by EA. Not sure why they stopped it , because of the new engine complexity or of copyrights issue?

It was also possible to add fan chants to the game back there.
Fredhoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 05:09:AM   #37
NaFeR
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22FIFA View Post
I am currently knowledgeable in web development languages such as HTML and CSS. I also know Javascript and currently learning Python. When I get a chance I'll delve into C++ and C# to help out into finding a way into frostbite. Regularcats is completely right. This thread has become a forum filled with consumers and little to no modders. If we want to keep this awesome FIFA modding community alive and not become console slaves and sheep we need to get of our asses and do some work. If we have enough time to sit down and whine about the lack of mods and or time to play fifa I am pretty sure we have time to do the research learn to code and rise from the ashes. Lets go people, what are you still doing reading this comment??? Get off your lazy butts and get to work!
This is the best commentary ever about this thread. We have to work together for the whole community benefit, not only for personal benefit. I've always thought that patches like ModdingWay Mod ruined the FIFA modding community.
Many years ago, you had to know how to modify the game if you want to add content like kits, faces, graphics or new leagues in cmp patches. Now, the new generation of players just download the "big" patch and nothing more. They don't care about modding or modders. Big part of the new generation of players are "leechers".
But the people involved in those big patches they don't want to stop that because they earn a lot of money just for collecting and putting in one file all the things that modders make and share freely in forums. So, we ended here, sadly.
Old 18-05-2017, 09:36:AM   #38
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
Quote:
This is the best commentary ever about this thread. We have to work together for the whole community benefit, not only for personal benefit. I've always thought that patches like ModdingWay Mod ruined the FIFA modding community.
Many years ago, you had to know how to modify the game if you want to add content like kits, faces, graphics or new leagues in cmp patches. Now, the new generation of players just download the "big" patch and nothing more. They don't care about modding or modders. Big part of the new generation of players are "leechers".
But the people involved in those big patches they don't want to stop that because they earn a lot of money just for collecting and putting in one file all the things that modders make and share freely in forums. So, we ended here, sadly.
Are there really a lot of people downloading patches?

Personally I don't, because it changes the roster and kits and whatnot.

I prefer to just add kits while keeping the original kits intact [I add the new kits as third, fourth kits]. And faces if required.

Man, I added Ronaldo [of Brazil] and 2002 Brazil kit to very game I had lol. Now I can't have him on FiFA 17.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056
Sami 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 07:13:AM   #39
SlimOntario2033
Senior Squad

SlimOntario2033 will become famous soon enoughSlimOntario2033 will become famous soon enough
Since FIFA 13 I release every year some big patches in the german community "fifaplanet". Since 2013 I often write with players of this patch....here my results:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arayas View Post
Look at the number of the threads sience fifa11.

The game is going down, even online it's full of cheaters, bugs and tipical idiotic things from EA.
Nope. The reason is simple. The most people are playing on PS4/XBOX One now... I got so many requests like "hey slim, I played your patch in 2013 or 2014 and switched to console... is there a patch for my console?" -> "no" -> "oh, ok.." -> one more mod-user/member of community gone -> less posts/threads about mods.
Same to much kitmakers/facemakers. I read sooo often "I went to console" from modders in the last years... same with some of my teammembers for my own patch... and this is demotivating the remaining modders cause they don't get much help and need to wait longer for kits and these stuff!
Another reason is the same old shit- career mode / and the hyped FUT Mode! I often hear something like "offline playing is shit... gameplay is shit...caree mode is shit... I play FUT" so FUT is one oft the other reason why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regularcat View Post
The problem is this community over the years has gone from a ratio of 60%-40% modders to downloaders to 10% modders and 90% downloaders and I have been saying this for years.
fully agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami 1999 View Post
Hopefully it really happens. Hail FiFA modding.

Yeah, why did he became a ghost all of a sudden? Is EA taking down the modders so that we need to buy FiFA every year for new kits and faces?

Cant be a coincidence.
He said that after his db-decrypt in FIFA 16 he had personal problems and "left fifa-community for a while"/wasn't online till his comeback...I'm really sure its now the same.

Quote:
Thats a interesting and right point. I fully respect the work of moddingway!! They are really organized and have a much quality. But yeah your point is right I think. I do the same like Moddingway -> big patches with a installer tool, db selector and all these things... the result are just players who know how to install but nothing more. They never see the filestructure of fifa, if they don't want. They only put some files from a archive to a directory and press some buttons...If they have a bug...they don't research by themself...they ask in a forum and get often a fix or something. The interest of how all these things work going down and thats why we get more players but less modders.

Last edited by SlimOntario2033; 19-05-2017 at 07:18:AM.
SlimOntario2033 is offline   Reply With Quote