Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 17 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2017, 12:38:AM   #1
sphanlon
Youth Team

sphanlon is on a distinguished road
Can Someone Tell Me Why Modding Has Died With FIFA 17?

Did EA change the file format or protection or something? We got nothing for this game 5 months after release.
sphanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 01:19:AM   #2
FFAA ESP AGA
Youth Team

FFAA ESP AGA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphanlon View Post
Did EA change the file format or protection or something? We got nothing for this game 5 months after release.
The engine of the game has changed from Ignite to Frostbite and it's structure is completely different, so we can't use the same tools and modding process than other years. In fact we are only able to export some particular stuff and only in some cases import it to a different FIFA version, but it's completely impossible to edit that stuff and then import it back to the game this year. It is also possible to edit the database in order to insert new teams and players.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
FFAA ESP AGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 01:56:AM   #3
mAn
Club Supporter

mAn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFAA ESP AGA View Post
It is also possible to edit the database in order to insert new teams and players.
It is not possible to edit the database. It is possible to edit squads files, but the scope of things we can do is rather limited and this kind of modding has proven very buggy.
Inserting new teams is not possible. As I understand, it is only possible to "uncover" the teams "hidden" in the game archives but not included in the database, as in a few Chinese teams and placeholders for the Brazilian teams EA couldn't get rights for.
mAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 07:00:AM   #4
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
You're asking this after 6 months? xD

Anyway, yeah, modding FiFA is over, forever. Frostbite killed modding. Rest in Pieces FiFA

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056
Sami 1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 11:12:AM   #5
passwordV
Club Supporter

passwordV is on a distinguished road
Something I had the most fun of has gone. After 14 years of modding footy game there is nothing to do with it. I'm not sure it will be back again, even though Frostbite will be changed to anything different in 3,4 years.
passwordV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 12:58:PM   #6
Grimbarian
Youth Team

Grimbarian is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Grimbarian Send a message via MSN to Grimbarian Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbarian
We need Malloc Haven't heard from him since October, hope he's ok
Grimbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 10:55:AM   #7
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by passwordV View Post
Something I had the most fun of has gone. After 14 years of modding footy game there is nothing to do with it. I'm not sure it will be back again, even though Frostbite will be changed to anything different in 3,4 years.
No.

After 3 years, next version of Frostbite will get released. And it will continue forever.

#Nohopeleft

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:49:PM   #8
FavieG
Club Supporter

FavieG is on a distinguished road
Neither can you change the kits?
FavieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 08:36:PM   #9
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavieG View Post
Neither can you change the kits?
No.

Old 21-03-2017, 08:07:PM   #10
::..Federico Debla..::
Fan Favourite

::..Federico Debla..:: is on a distinguished road
Sami, don't be apocalyptic man.

FIFA and PES community have always been able to come up with the knowledge and therefore tools to crack every new engine and file format.

I think, what's lacking right now is free time from the master minds.
You probably weren't even around but back in the day, FIFA 2001-2003 file formats were very different. Then EA changed them for FIFA 2004-2007 and guess what? The community did it again. And again in 2012 with the 'Next Gen' release for PC.

The difference is that back then, Ariel, Rinaldo, Scouser, and many other that aren't even around anymore had a lot more free time (and were a lot younger too LOL) to spend trying to crack it open.

But eventually, they will do it. Or someone else we don't even know about yet will. The Messiah, lol. Belive.
Old 22-03-2017, 03:22:PM   #11
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::..Federico Debla..:: View Post
Sami, don't be apocalyptic man.

FIFA and PES community have always been able to come up with the knowledge and therefore tools to crack every new engine and file format.

I think, what's lacking right now is free time from the master minds.
You probably weren't even around but back in the day, FIFA 2001-2003 file formats were very different. Then EA changed them for FIFA 2004-2007 and guess what? The community did it again. And again in 2012 with the 'Next Gen' release for PC.

The difference is that back then, Ariel, Rinaldo, Scouser, and many other that aren't even around anymore had a lot more free time (and were a lot younger too LOL) to spend trying to crack it open.

But eventually, they will do it. Or someone else we don't even know about yet will. The Messiah, lol. Belive.

Maybe for FiFA 18.

But so far, modding is dead. Not that I want it to, and part of me still has hope for modding returning. But then again, looks like no one's on to crack the code. Is EA silently stopping the modders?

Old 22-03-2017, 09:40:PM   #12
::..Federico Debla..::
Fan Favourite

::..Federico Debla..:: is on a distinguished road
Before we know it, the community will be up and running full speed again.
All it takes is one big breakthrough and then it will all begin.
Old 23-03-2017, 08:23:AM   #13
Grimbarian
Youth Team

Grimbarian is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Grimbarian Send a message via MSN to Grimbarian Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbarian
Malloc was making huge progress, he already had a way to inject new content into the demo, unfortunately the final release was a bit different but he was working on it and then went radio silent in October
Grimbarian is offline   Reply With Quote