Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home


Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 15 Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 01:29:AM   #40
regularcat
Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,689
regularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrliioadin View Post
Easy to say when your gender and your interests are represented in the game. The exclusion of women in the game was nothing less than sexist. This finally starts to right that wrong.

Gameplay could be much better than it is. But it is entirely irrelevant to this news. It's not one or the other.
my interests are NOT represented in the game.

my interests are true life simulation AI and the CONCACAF and CONMEBOL regions.

women are at the bottom of my list, nice to have sure but only after the core of the game is fixed.

it is completely relevant, FIFA 16 News is the thread title and the news is they aren't working on the AI, instead they are adding women.
__________________
regularcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:54:AM   #41
mrliioadin
Senior Squad
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,349
mrliioadin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mrliioadin
Quote:
Originally Posted by regularcat View Post
my interests are NOT represented in the game.

my interests are true life simulation AI and the CONCACAF and CONMEBOL regions.

women are at the bottom of my list, nice to have sure but only after the core of the game is fixed.

it is completely relevant, FIFA 16 News is the thread title and the news is they aren't working on the AI, instead they are adding women.
You created a straw man that says that we can't have women in the game AND have gameplay improvement. No one is saying that FIFA couldn't do both. Women could have been added to the game in 1999 and the gameplay could have been crap. The two are entirely disconnected.

But, this is one of the most popular women's sports in the world. Millions of young girls have no way to play with any of their favorite stars... Marta, Morgan... They just have no option to enjoy the game they love with the stars they look up to. Attitudes like those who met this news with negativity (which seems to be the kneejerk reaction on this forum the last few years) only reinforce the prejudice against women's sports and continue to treat women's athletics like second class citizens. Young girls continue to be told that they are less important or less valued for their athletic prowess. And it's an entirely unnecessary position to take on the matter.

Gameplay is my third biggest issue with one of the highest grossing games on the planet. Race discrimination and sexual discrimination are far more important to making the game representative of the world's people.

It's not one or the other. But, even if it were I would gladly take another year of crap gameplay if women, Japanese, Kenyan and Caribbean people could enjoy their stars in equal crapdom.
mrliioadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:57:AM   #42
regularcat
Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,689
regularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the rough
this is going to be my last post on this topic, i'm not flooding it with nonsense about women in a game.

good for those girls who get to play FIFA with the women, what good will playing the game with women be if the game itself is unplayable.

fix the core game then add women.
__________________
regularcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:12:PM   #43
Sami 1999
Reserve Team
 
Sami 1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 864
Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by regularcat View Post
this is going to be my last post on this topic, i'm not flooding it with nonsense about women in a game.

good for those girls who get to play FIFA with the women, what good will playing the game with women be if the game itself is unplayable.

fix the core game then add women.
The game isn't completely unplayable. Not everyone in this planet are pro Fifa gamer. Many will find Fifa 15/16 enjoyable as long as the basic gameplay is ok.

I know you didn't mean to be against this women player feature and I know its frustrating when AI acts like whore but comon, adding women players is actually one of the greatest feature of Fifa ever.

--------------

Anyway, can we play man vs women teams or have women in man teams? Also, there isn't any improvement in graphics as far as I can see. Thy should atleast work on grass color and lighting atleast [lighting in Rtwc 06 actually looked better than Fifa 15 incase of day weather]. I would like to see Directx 12 support too. And should improve keyboard controls just like they did with Fifa 09/10.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndr3i View Post
So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056
Sami 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:13:PM   #44
mrliioadin
Senior Squad
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,349
mrliioadin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mrliioadin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami 1999 View Post
The game isn't completely unplayable. Not everyone in this planet are pro Fifa gamer. Many will find Fifa 15/16 enjoyable as long as the basic gameplay is ok.

I know you didn't mean to be against this women player feature and I know its frustrating when AI acts like whore but comon, adding women players is actually one of the greatest feature of Fifa ever.

--------------

Anyway, can we play man vs women teams or have women in man teams? Also, there isn't any improvement in graphics as far as I can see. Thy should atleast work on grass color and lighting atleast [lighting in Rtwc 06 actually looked better than Fifa 15 incase of day weather]. I would like to see Directx 12 support too. And should improve keyboard controls just like they did with Fifa 09/10.
Second. And, it's not like the people who are building heads, models, and databases are the same people who are working on the gameplay. Two irrelevant disconnected issues.
mrliioadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:36:PM   #45
Sami 1999
Reserve Team
 
Sami 1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 864
Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
They should improve the animations. In fifa 15 especially during entrance- they moved like robots.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndr3i View Post
So someone had the audacity to neg me in this thread.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056
Sami 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:00:PM   #46
mrliioadin
Senior Squad
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,349
mrliioadin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mrliioadin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami 1999 View Post
They should improve the animations. In fifa 15 especially during entrance- they moved like robots.
There is a laundry list of gameplay problems. Defending is infuriatingly broken. They other team can possess the ball for minutes at a time your your players will just watch, over play, screw up their lines or just run into one another.

The AI has no idea what to do when penned in their own corner. The goalkeepers come out way too slowly and have no concept of saving the ball from going out for a corner.

Central midfielders over commit so clearances always bounce over their heads When they should be holding at the top of the box.

Strikers make stupid straight predictable runs that are usually offside.

Strikers don't attack headers in the box.

Sometimes defenders just run straight up the pitch just for the hell of it (while defending).

The crappiest players in the game can hang with some of the best when the computer is defending. This has improved this year. But it's still there.

I hope the gameplay people work on this stuff. But I'm glad we have women in the game in the meantime.

Last edited by mrliioadin; 05-06-2015 at 07:01:PM. Reason: I failed at grammar
mrliioadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:30:PM   #47
jeetmusic
Fan Favourite
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,156
jeetmusic will become famous soon enoughjeetmusic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami 1999 View Post
Thy should atleast work on grass color and lighting atleast [lighting in Rtwc 06 actually looked better than Fifa 15 incase of day weather].
can you share some screens how lighting looked vin rtwc 06?
jeetmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:47:PM   #48
22FIFA
Youth Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 298
22FIFA is on a distinguished road
Word! they need to fix the Career mode player (be a pro) offline. This mode is broken. Iniesta signs with Madrid, over valued player prices. My be a pro after 6 seasons with Man U cant transfer to another team becuase he is worth 200 million dollars and no club has that budget. No international tournaments with my national team, like world cups or copa america. All that stuff has to be fixed before bringin the ladies over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regularcat View Post
who cares about the women, fix the damn game.

everyone is so hyped about the women, you can add them anytime you want.

make a realistic gameplay for the non FUT players.
22FIFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:33:PM   #49
nimnim
Senior Squad
 
nimnim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: thailand
Posts: 2,066
nimnim will become famous soon enoughnimnim will become famous soon enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No26ynXydPk
__________________
fifa16 my setting sweet fx
nimnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:34:PM   #50
nimnim
Senior Squad
 
nimnim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: thailand
Posts: 2,066
nimnim will become famous soon enoughnimnim will become famous soon enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jEbUvcsH0
__________________
fifa16 my setting sweet fx
nimnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:30:PM   #51
kubes
Club Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 49
kubes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimnim View Post
Hmm new body tattoos.
kubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:00:PM   #52
CoolerMaster
Senior Squad
 
CoolerMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,443
CoolerMaster will become famous soon enough
Looks like we'll have full 360 body scan for some players. Plus, they reworked the joints of the players models so luckly we can expect more realistic body movements.

Quote:
The big change we've had to make is rebuilding the animation rig, in order that the skeleton underneath each player works with different proportions. Our underlying animation system was universally based on height and build. Rather than manipulating the proportions between joint and bone, it was like stretching an elastic band. Now we've had to implement a new system that allows for the hips to be moved, the shoulders to be moved vertically, and the width of those bones and joints to be a factor too. It's a pretty big change.The cool side effects are that we now have scalable skeletons, so we can also support different body types in the men's side of the game.
CoolerMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





































All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38:PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
You Rated this Thread: