Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > SG Players Lounge

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 03:04:PM   #14
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
Oh, and the requirements you guys suggested can handle 3D support too?
Even though I'm not NBA fan, but in the recommended system requirements of NBA 2K 15 I see it says core i7. I'm not intending to play FIFA games only. But rather all the games of this generation. So I need a PC that can run all games in max settings in 1080p in 60 fps of the whole Ps4 gen [upto the last game] Please, confirm me about it.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056
Sami 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:02:PM   #15
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I would build a computer in your situation. Check out this site to help you out. There are youtube videos to show you how to do all the installation and assembly.

http://pcpartpicker.com/

E: Right on the front page they have some links to decent gaming systems that other people have put together. Here is the $1200 one

http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/Ht8TwP...t-gaming-build

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:15:PM   #16
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Thanks for the link mate . Okay, so I decided to have the following system specifications:

CPU: Intel i5-4690k
Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK [To cool the i5-4690k while overclocking]

RAM: 32 GB 1600 Mhz.

GPU: Dual Nvidia Geforce 780 Gtx [2 GB I guess ]

HDD: 1 TB

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3

PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case: What should I choose?!!!
These all will cost $ 1710 I guess. But I can take my budget upto $ 2000.

But one thing, will the mother board I mentioned supports Nvidia gtx 780 dual gpu ?

Edit: Oh, and btw, I play games a lot and for 3 hours at a time. Will my mentioned cooling setups will handle it? Or it will just burn out? I don't wanna buy CPU again for such things. Thanks.

Edit: F**k, the case dont support optical drives I guess [aka Blue ray drives!!]
No no, I need a case that can handle such things and supports optical drive ofcourse!!

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.

Last edited by Sami 1999; 05-01-2015 at 12:25:PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:37:AM   #17
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
If you use the PC Part Picker site it will notify you of any incompatibilities between parts.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:46:AM   #18
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Okay, thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. BTW, will these specs be able to run games in 3D TV without lags? Or I need core i7 in that case?

Old 15-01-2015, 05:55:AM   #19
leungtl
Manager

leungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami 1999 View Post
Okay, thanks a lot. Really appreciate it. BTW, will these specs be able to run games in 3D TV without lags? Or I need core i7 in that case?
A GTX 970 and GTX 780 are around the same price here, so if that's the case in your country I would go with the 970's if you can. No point paying the same for old technology. I currently have a single Gigabyte G1 970 GTX card and it basically runs everything in Full HD on max settings for most new games so getting two should easily handle whatever your gaming needs are (except 4K gaming).

You don't need 32GB RAM, 16GB will be enough for gaming unless you're into 3D rendering/video editing etc.

I'd use the money saved from the RAM to upgrade from an i5 to an i7 4790K. If you don't plan to overclock and your budget is getting a bit tight, get the non-K model for ~$50 less.

I'd also look at getting a small SSD on top of your 1TB hard drive (is 1TB enough for you?) just to install Windows/Anti-Virus/Office/Photoshop on. The difference in boot up speeds is very noticeable.

Also I can't stress this enough: Please let a professional build your PC! It sounds like you don't really know what you're doing and you're investing in some serious hardware, so an extra $50-100 could save you from accidentally damaging some gear (as I've learnt in the past...).

Last edited by leungtl; 15-01-2015 at 05:57:AM.
leungtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 07:05:PM   #20
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Okay. Thanks a lot mate. That information was really helpful. Btw, the reason I can't rely on experts is because I live in Bangladesh and in here I can't trust them (They don't know anything about gaming and tend to give wrong idea. Atleast I got fooled back in 2008 and I couldn't even run any games of Ps3 gen. Even my crappy laptop can run better than it!!).

Thank you again for mentioning me about the RAM and CPU. Couldn't have done without the help of you guys

Edit: only thing left is harddisk. 2 TB is enough? Sorry for lame questions but I'm completely noob in these things.

Last edited by Sami 1999; 16-01-2015 at 08:49:AM.
Old 16-01-2015, 08:40:AM   #21
leungtl
Manager

leungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant future
I need a good Gaming PC.

Fair enough re Bangladesh stores!

Memory isn't the most important aspect of a graphics card, but it definitely affects performance (particularly with extra visual effects). This is why I highly recommend you get the GTX 970 as your video card (brand is largely irrelevant, as long as you go with a major manufacturer like Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS etc.), as it comes with 4GB, support for the newest technology and is very reasonably priced for the performance - so much so that you may be able to afford two which would set you up to run any game on decent settings for the next 2-3 years!

Last edited by leungtl; 16-01-2015 at 08:45:AM.
leungtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 08:57:AM   #22
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Okay. Thanks a lot. The only thing that worries me if these things are available in my country. Or else it will be a pain to buy it from online.
Btw, you said it will run in decent settings for next 2-3 years. So after that, can't I run the games smoothly? (Even with settings equal to Ps4?) Or you meant I have to play in low settings which is worse than ps4?

Old 17-01-2015, 05:37:AM   #23
leungtl
Manager

Unless Bangladesh is really behind in technology, I'd be shocked if they didn't have 970's available for sale - it's already been out for a few months and is one of Nvidia's top selling products!

Don't take the 2-3 years comment too literally, obviously I can't predict what games will look like in the future. New PC games already look better than PS4 thanks to all the extra visual processing it can do (e.g. FIFA15 and NBA 2K15 on PC used the same graphics engine as PS4/XB1, also check out Far Cry 4 for a direct comparison), and a single GTX 970 can handle it with ease. If you want dual cards as suggested in your last build, you'd be pretty hard pressed to find anyone in the country with a more powerful setup than you for gaming.

Graphics card is the single most important hardware which will affect your gaming performance, much more than say extra RAM/CPU/SSD hard drive etc. so it makes sense to focus on this area.
Old 17-01-2015, 06:29:AM   #24
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Ok mate. Thats all I really needed. Thanks for the support everyone who helped me.

Old 17-01-2015, 06:36:AM   #25
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
I used this website to decide on which CPU to buy. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Similarly, there is a gpu benchmark rank list also https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

I have a GTX 760, 16 GB RAM and intel core i7-4770K and FIFA 15 works fine on it.

I think the GTX 760 is very good value for money. You can also upgrade to SLI if you are not satisfied with the performance.
Old 17-01-2015, 06:41:AM   #26
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Yeah, I visited that site already. I would rather take core i5 if I cant afford. But most probably I'll take two gtx 970 and corei7.