Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > SG Players Lounge

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 30-12-2014, 10:47:AM   #1
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Sami 1999 could be mistaken for Xifio
Send a message via Skype™ to Sami 1999
I need a good Gaming PC.

Hello everyone. I'm planning to buy a new PC with the only purpose of Gaming.
So, anyone please help me in find the right hardwares for playing all latest games in high specs.

My target:
Resolution: 1080p Edit: 1440p
Frame rate: 60+ [120 Fps if possible]
Windows 7 ofcourse. [No need to tell about windows] Edit: Windows 10

And I've no intention to play games in low detail. And I'll need a PC that can run FIFA 15 and whatever that comes next with ultra high LOD.

I've already Monitor, speakers, etc. So I just need to know about the main hardwares like GPU, RAM and CPU and the box itself where I'll put all the intestines of the PC [You know what I meant, the main box which contains the GPU, RAM] and everything related to run the game smoothly.

And this should be able to run all Ps4 gen games smoothly in high details. Thanks for your Support

Oh, and I'll rather buy Nvidia Graphics card cause ATi and intel are worst.

Edit: Thanks all for th help. This is what I bought:

GPU: GTx 980 Ti Evga
CPU: Core i7 4790k
RAM: 16 GB Ddr3.
Hdd: 6 TB [No SSD at all].

This thread is dead officially.

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.
http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16056

Last edited by Sami 1999; 13-08-2015 at 06:51:PM.
Sami 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 10:56:AM   #2
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
AMD video cards aren't that bad to be honest, it's the drivers that are sometimes crap. for +60 fps at 1080p you'd need a GTX 780 or an R9 280x. that's like 350-400$ right there. you won't get 120 fps at 1080p (unless it's FIFA) and ultra settings without having dual GPUs or a Titan.

as for CPU, Intel usually reigns over AMD unless you're doing stuff like video processing, etc. so an i5-4590 should be more than enough for the next few years. usually it's the GPU that needs replacing first. RAM is pretty cheap, just make sure it's 1600 Mhz.

Last edited by theo; 30-12-2014 at 11:55:AM.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 11:08:AM   #3
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
ATI video cards aren't that bad to be honest, it's the drivers that are sometimes crap. for +60 fps at 1080p you'd need a GTX 780 or an R9 280x. that's like 350-400$ right there. you won't get 120 fps at 1080p (unless it's FIFA) and ultra settings without having dual GPUs or a Titan.

as for CPU, Intel usually reigns over ATI unless you're doing stuff like video processing, etc. so an i5-4590 should be more than enough for the next few years. usually it's the GPU that needs replacing first. RAM is pretty cheap, just make sure it's 1600 Mhz.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, i hate ATi for the driver issues. My ATi drivers got corrupted twice for which I had to reformat my laptop twice. And eats too much CPU.

Hmm, ok. 120 FPS not much required, 60 is enough for me.
But I need Ultra settings. So I need more info of dual GPU and the best one.
And about RAM, I guess 16 GB is enough. Or Should I take 32 GB?
About processors, is core i5 better than i7? Even though, if core i5 is enough to run games of ps4 gen in high without lags, then I'll take core i5.

Sorry, I'm noob in these things, so a GTX 780 can support dual GPUs?

Ah, and I'm now planning to start playing games online too. I'll target broadband connection. Is 1 Mbps broadband connection enough to play games online?

This is unacceptable!!! You have 24 hours to come clean and apologize and be all like "Sorry Andrei, won't happen again.. I messed up.. wanted it to be green.. etc"

If not I will do my own investigation and will show no mercy for the unfortunate soul. I already have a list of suspects.

Last edited by Sami 1999; 30-12-2014 at 11:13:AM.
Old 30-12-2014, 11:22:AM   #4
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
first off, dual GPU (also known as SLI) is having two video cards running at the same time. two GTX 760 will beat a GTX 780 but it's obviously more expensive. however if you don't have the money you can get a 760 instead of 780 and buy a second one later and run them together. but for 1080p on a single monitor, one video card is enough.

16gb of RAM is more than enough.

as for CPU, the more expensive i5s perform better than the cheap i7s. and they still cost less. i7 is overkill for gaming, you might only see a 5 fps difference in Battlefield, but most games do not need that much power. as I've said, the GPU does most of the work when it comes to games.

as for online, I'm not sure what you mean with 1 mb/s. I've got a 10 mb/s connection but my download speed is 1 mb/s actually. anyway, latency (ping) is usually what matters most. you can have a 100 mb/s connection but if you get 100+ latency you can't do shit in games. my friend has got 1 gb/s optic fiber connection yet we both have the same latency in games like CS or WoW.

Last edited by theo; 30-12-2014 at 11:25:AM.
Old 30-12-2014, 11:27:AM   #5
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Yeah, with my 24 kbps downloading speed modem, I cant even play FIFA online and in other games I get ping like 400 ms. Like if I shoot another guy dozen times, he just wont get hit. And I'll die even if I dodged his bullet.

OK, I'll take core i5. And about GPU, if I can't afford two GTX 760's then I'll take 780. And if possible, I'll buy another 780 later. But one question, is it possible for Dual GPU's to have one 780 and other 760? or it will mess up?

With 1 mbps I meant the downloading and uploading speed separately.

Edit: Crore i5 2500s @3.30GHZ is good or I need more better to run all games in high settings?

Last edited by Sami 1999; 30-12-2014 at 11:40:AM.
Old 30-12-2014, 11:53:AM   #6
theo
VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami 1999 View Post
Yeah, with my 24 kbps downloading speed modem, I cant even play FIFA online and in other games I get ping like 400 ms. Like if I shoot another guy dozen times, he just wont get hit. And I'll die even if I dodged his bullet.

OK, I'll take core i5. And about GPU, if I can't afford two GTX 760's then I'll take 780. And if possible, I'll buy another 780 later. But one question, is it possible for Dual GPU's to have one 780 and other 760? or it will mess up?

With 1 mbps I meant the downloading and uploading speed separately.

Edit: Crore i5 2500s @3.30GHZ is good or I need more better to run all games in high settings?

to run two GPUs at the same time they need to be the same. but two video cards means higher power consumption. so instead of a 500W PSU you'll need 600 or 650W.

i5 2500 is a bit old, but it should do. I can't even find it anymore on the online shops here. i5-4460 is another alternative if 4590 is too expensive. you can go with AMD if you want something cheaper but it will need overclocking to match the 4460, however you need a great cooling setup for it cause they run hot.

Last edited by theo; 30-12-2014 at 11:57:AM.
Old 30-12-2014, 11:57:AM   #7
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Ok thanks a lot. BTW, whats PSU? The little thingy beside the Box which acts like battery?

Nah, ill take 4460 or 4590. High details is what I need. Got sick enough playing in low detail and almost hurt my eye a lot as I hate low detail [which causes me to play in high details] making games like 24 fps and caused me head aches.

Last edited by Sami 1999; 30-12-2014 at 12:00:PM.
Old 30-12-2014, 12:00:PM   #8
theo
VII

power supply unit aka power source.

Old 30-12-2014, 12:02:PM   #9
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Thanks a lot mate. I really appreciate it.

Old 30-12-2014, 12:05:PM   #10
theo
VII

get someone from a computer store or service to help you. or open a topic on tomshardware. you need to make sure the new stuff you get is compatible with the rest of your components.
Old 30-12-2014, 12:09:PM   #11
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

Ok, I'll get help from experts from PC store.

Old 31-12-2014, 10:00:AM   #12
leungtl
Manager

leungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant futureleungtl has a brilliant future
Sami, the most important thing is to tell us what your budget is before you launch into what you want... Theo's already given you great information about all the hardware itself and I could recommend all the best parts to build the greatest gaming PC in the world, but if you've only got $200 to spend then you're not going to achieve your goals.
Old 31-12-2014, 11:58:AM   #13
Sami 1999
Reserve Team

My budget is most probably $ 1300 But if its necessary, I can spend up to $ 1600.
Like I already said, I don't need monitors, speakers and all other parts except PSU, Case [and other things inside it such as motherboard, Blue ray drive, GPU, CPU etc] as I already have 2 PC

Edit: I intend to take 1 TB hard disk.

Last edited by Sami 1999; 31-12-2014 at 12:09:PM.