Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 09 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.55 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:51:PM   #1
MsVia
Club Supporter

MsVia is on a distinguished road
How to run Creation Master 09 on 64bit Operating System Tutorial

How to run Creation Master 09 on 64bit Operating System Tutorial
by Yanush

Dictionary:
Host - Operating system that you are using on your PC
Guest - Operating system that will be emulating on our PC, inside your real operating system.
OS - operating system

In my case: Host= Windows Vista Ultimte 64bit, Guest=Windows XP SP2

WARNING! CM09 DOESNT WORK WITH Wndows XP Pro SP3. So DONT use windows with Service Pack 3 ( Service Packs 1 and 2 are ok )

1. Download this FREEWARE software from Microsoft and install it ( i recommend to install it on the biggest hard disk/partition that you have in PC ):
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...0BIT/setup.exe
(in case: version for 32bit system: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...0BIT/setup.exe )

2. After instalation, run this program.

3. Now its the time, you must create new virtual machine, so click in File -> New Virtual Machine Wizard.

4. IN THE WIZARD

a) Mark the option "Create a virtual machine" (click Next)

b) Set location and name for virtual machine ( i recommend to locate it on the biggest hard disk/partition that you have in PC ) in my case, i named it "Virtual Windows XP" and locate it in this same place where i install Virtual PC program, on my DPrograms\Virtual PC\...

c) Choose the operating system (guest) that you want to install in your virtual machine. You should choose Windows XP

d) Alocate the RAM. This guest operating system need RAM ( when you will be running this virtual system, it will be using this ammount of your RAM ), so it depends on you how much RAM you can give. If you have not much RAM in your PC, than just left "Using the recommended RAM" option marked, but if you have more RAM, you can mark "Adjusting the RAM" option, and set mnually how much RAM you want to give to this guest OS ( in my case, i set 512 MB RAM for it, because i will be using it only to run creation mster 09, but i want to have some extra RAM for this guest OS, especially that i have 4 GB RAM in my PC, so its not a big deal )

e) Choose the "A new Virtual Hard Disk Option"

f) In next window, choose name and location for this Virtual Hard Drive ( in my case, i put it in DPrograms\Virtual PC) It is the best to keep everything together, Virtual PC program, Virtual Machine File, and Virtual Hard Disk File in this same folder, on the biggest hard drive/partition that you have.
Its because creating Virtual Hard Drive will take from you real hard drive the ammount of GB, which you alocate to it.

g) In Virtual Hard Disk Size set the ammount of MB that you want to give to guest OS. Think twice about this. Answer to the questions: How big is my real hard disk and how much MB i can afford to give it to guest OS? How many programs i will be installing on this guest OS?

You can set the number between 13000MB (THIS IS MINIMUM!!) and 20000MB

h) In next window click Finish

5. Now, in Virtual PC console you can see your new guest OS name, select it and then press "Start"

6. In a new window you will see black screen with bios version etc. Its your new virtual PC!

7. Put your Windows XP Installation CD in CD/DVD drive

8. In this black DOS style window, click in "Action -> Restart" option.

9. You will see that in this window everything look exacly like when you are installing Windows on normal PC.
From now everything what you must to do is just install Windows XP in this window.
After installation in this window you will see Windows XP desktop. It will be like computer into computer.

10. INTO YOUR VIRTUAL PC

a) Click Action -> Install or Update Virtual Machine Additions, install it, and restart VIRTUAL operating system when it ask you to do it.

b) Now you have to install in Virtual OS all software which is needed to run CM 09, so you need to download and install:
- NET Frmework 2.0 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
- DirectX Software Development Kit -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

b) When you are in Virtual OS, insert DVD with Fifa 09 game into CD\DVD drive and install the game into Virtual OS

c) Download and install Creation Mster 09 http://hosted.filefront.com/FifaMasterRin

11. Become Creation Master All procedure takes ~50 min(including all Windows XP installation process)

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. To transfer files between real os and virtual os, just drag&drop files from window to window.
2. You dont have to use super pc to make virtual machines, if your pc have 512 MB ram, and enaugh space on hard disk, you are good to go
(besides, if you play Fifa 09, it means you have more than enaugh resources to run virtual OS)

Last edited by MsVia; 10-01-2009 at 02:17:PM.
MsVia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:22:AM   #2
skeptik
Reserve Team

skeptik is on a distinguished road
Excellent Tutorial.

I did post a suggestion for 64-bit user to use virtual machine, but your's is better, instead of suggest people what to use, you assist them how to do it.

Bravo.

Extra tips.
I do this, I only have VPC with clean windows XP SP1+.NET + CM09 as a guest. As for games including FIFA09, it is my habit to install game at different folder, so even in Vista, I install in my own folder called All Games. In VPC, all I have to do is to set All GAMES as shared folder. From there on, I run CM09 but look for the game folder itself, File select LAN.

A bit tedious but, I don't have to install FIFA09 onto VM.

Again, your tutorial is excellent. THANKS a million.
Created Untucked and semi-tucked shirt for fifa10 (almost NG style)
Malaysia Leagues for FIFA08,09 & 10 related patches
Malaysia Leagues for FIFA11 patches
Malaysia Leagues for FIFA12 patches
http://mslpatcher.wordpress.com - main blogs for all patches been made.
TETAP MENYOKONG BOLA SEPAK MALAYSIA
skeptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:30:PM   #3
MsVia
Club Supporter

Of course you can just share folder where you have installed Fifa 09 in your Host OS, i didn`t write about this because i want this tutorial to be as easy as it is possible. So installing game is something what everyone have done at least once in life

Thanks for appreciate...you even cant imagine how difficult was to figure out that CM 09 is not working with service pack 3.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:45:PM   #4
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

Rinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really nice
Many thanks mate! Really appreciated.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:04:PM   #5
skeptik
Reserve Team

skeptik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVia View Post
Of course you can just share folder where you have installed Fifa 09 in your Host OS, i didn`t write about this because i want this tutorial to be as easy as it is possible. So installing game is something what everyone have done at least once in life
Good point. Easy way is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVia View Post
Thanks for appreciate...you even cant imagine how difficult was to figure out that CM 09 is not working with service pack 3.
And, because of your findings, I cancelled updating to SP3. You really help me avoiding any unnecessary hassle. I believe, you help others too.
Created Untucked and semi-tucked shirt for fifa10 (almost NG style)
Malaysia Leagues for FIFA08,09 & 10 related patches
Malaysia Leagues for FIFA11 patches
Malaysia Leagues for FIFA12 patches
http://mslpatcher.wordpress.com - main blogs for all patches been made.
TETAP MENYOKONG BOLA SEPAK MALAYSIA
skeptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:41:PM   #6
Baresi
Youth Team

Baresi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Baresi Send a message via MSN to Baresi Send a message via Yahoo to Baresi Send a message via Skype™ to Baresi
Great Tuto
Old 08-01-2009, 04:29:PM   #7
deaNh
Club Supporter

deaNh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptik View Post
Excellent Tutorial.

I did post a suggestion for 64-bit user to use virtual machine, but your's is better, instead of suggest people what to use, you assist them how to do it.

Bravo.

Extra tips.
I do this, I only have VPC with clean windows XP SP1+.NET + CM09 as a guest. As for games including FIFA09, it is my habit to install game at different folder, so even in Vista, I install in my own folder called All Games. In VPC, all I have to do is to set All GAMES as shared folder. From there on, I run CM09 but look for the game folder itself, File select LAN.

A bit tedious but, I don't have to install FIFA09 onto VM.

Again, your tutorial is excellent. THANKS a million.
Hey mate. Im doing this aswell, but im wondering..

When I open CM its all greyed out (first time user)..so i guess i go to File > Open, but hten it says unable to open game data from registry, the game may not be installer properly.

Because it isnt installed to the VPC.

Any ideas? Thanks
deaNh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:07:PM   #8
MsVia
Club Supporter

If you are using skeptik method, you must choose in CM 09 option "Open - Select All" (not "Open") and than you will be asked about locations of installation folder of Fifa 09, about fifa.db and lang.db.

/Its why i wrote in tutorial, that you should install game on Guest OS. Its just easier

Last edited by MsVia; 08-01-2009 at 08:21:PM.
Old 13-01-2009, 04:11:AM   #9
bigroons
Club Supporter

bigroons is on a distinguished road
on step b) i tried to install it in the virtual pc folder in the programs folder but it says i don't have permission to save it here because i'm not the adminstrator when i actually am

also because i'm unsure of how this thing works if i decide to remove the program in the future will everything be the same before i installed the virtual pc
bigroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 06:05:PM   #10
MsVia
Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroons View Post
on step b) i tried to install it in the virtual pc folder in the programs folder but it says i don't have permission to save it here because i'm not the adminstrator when i actually am

also because i'm unsure of how this thing works if i decide to remove the program in the future will everything be the same before i installed the virtual pc

Remember to run program as administrator ( right mouse click on icon, and "run as administrator" from menu )

Virtual Pc is like every other programs, you can install it, and uninstall, just like normal programs. It doesnt affect your real computer ( operating system )
Old 14-01-2009, 08:08:PM   #11
10sace
Club Supporter

10sace is on a distinguished road
thanks MSVia. fifa isn't as fun without CM. i was getting desperate and was considering buying an older computer. you saved me money. i do have a problem though. im not able to run FIFA09 in the virtual OS. do i have to transfer CM09 files back to the host OS. if so, what files and to where?
10sace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 10:18:PM   #12
MsVia
Club Supporter

Of course that you CANT play Fifa 09 in Guest OS, only on your real operating system

The best and easiest method is: copy all "data" folder from guest os to host os and paste it in Fifa 09 installation directory.
Old 15-01-2009, 01:46:AM   #13
bigroons
Club Supporter

bigroons is on a distinguished road
yeah thanks for that
bigroons is offline   Reply With Quote