Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 09 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 02:24:PM   #53
myx
Senior Squad

myx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to myx Send a message via Skype™ to myx
hmm. ill also would include this in CM like that.

Im making Lithuanian A Lyga.

And ill go to leagues and click new league. The wizard opens:

Search for leagues by CMS
O Search by Country
O Search by Continent
O Fantasy league

And it automaticly generates league ID and team IDS also
Old 08-11-2008, 01:54:AM   #54
skeptik
Reserve Team

skeptik is on a distinguished road
Why don't Rinaldo create a special sites that will become the OFFICIAL CMS compatibility Admin-like websites or forum. In there, in order for the patch maker want to his/her works recognised as CMS compatible patch, he/she must register for allocated ID. And all patch that is officially (or unofficially for EA Sports) CM09 support, all will have some kind of 'EULA' kind of text informing the compatibility with existing FIFA09 and other CMSCmp leagues.
For example, say I'm creating MSL4FIFA09 patch right now. At the moment I already reserved 400 players for my league, so I should register with the sites and request for range of number that can be use. Of course, mine I'll have to create ALL of the player. Right now I already reserved 120021 - 120500 for the patch. Just to show the examples.

Others still can produce their works (it's democracy), but only CMS-CMP files will be guaranteed compatibility with CMS-CMP works that show the CMS logo. The rest will still can be use but he may override the the patch already load/imported to FIFA09

Just my thought. I now it's really though job, since we are here do this stuff voluntarily. But whatever it is, I know for sure Rinaldo CM09 and previous version too, makes FIFA series the most buy football games for pc, up-to-date.
skeptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:52:PM   #55
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

Rinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really nice
I received from Robbie an update about Countries and National Teams considering EURO 08m WC 06, Euro 04 and FIFA 02. I am now trying to figure out how to solve the ambiguities: my idea is to use the following rules:
1) Ids defined in FIFA 09 are preserved
2) If not defined in FFA 09, Ids defined in the previous versions are preserved giving priority to the most recent games.
3) fifa.db definintions take priority over the lng.db definitions.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:54:PM   #56
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

Rinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really niceRinaldo is just really nice
I also received from Bassio an update about Leage and Teams: huge job 4218 new teams added ! I am just reviewing it and I will post it soon.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:44:PM   #57
RobbieD_PL
Unreliable deceiver

RobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud ofRobbieD_PL has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to RobbieD_PL Send a message via Skype™ to RobbieD_PL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinaldo View Post
I received from Robbie an update about Countries and National Teams considering EURO 08m WC 06, Euro 04 and FIFA 02. I am now trying to figure out how to solve the ambiguities: my idea is to use the following rules:
1) Ids defined in FIFA 09 are preserved
2) If not defined in FFA 09, Ids defined in the previous versions are preserved giving priority to the most recent games.
3) fifa.db definintions take priority over the lng.db definitions.
I'd agree with the first one but not necessarily the other two. Unless I'm assuming that #3 only applies to team already ingame. If not please explain how you would intend to implement that point.

It would be much easier to use the ID's that are already in the various lng.db's; making it more placatable for cross-linguistic compatibility. The Euro 2008 IDs with 1118XX were only for fake versions of some teams that EA didn't bother to liscence. It's much easier when you have the realistic ID's from Euro 2004 already in each language.db.
Also, for me personally, the WC 2006 ID system seem really random and without any real order that can be followed. At least in the FIFA 02 system, you have blocs of ID's from the same confederation grouped together.

I'm just trying to make things easier for you here Rinaldo.

EDIT: Just a little mistake on my part, I typed 1235 for the ID of Belgium when it should be 1325.
RobbieD_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:46:AM   #58
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

This is a (partial) list of jersey manufacturers used in FIFA. I think it can be used to assign Fonts identifiers:

Acerbis, Adidas, Airness, Alea, Asics, Astore, Athix, Atletica, Baliston, Bemiser, Bukta, Canterbury, Carbrini, Carlotti, Champions, Desportreino, Diadora, Doyoufootball, Duarig, Erima, Errea, Fila, Garcis, H2O, Hummel, Jako, Jartazi, Joma, Kanxa, Kappa, Klupp, kwd Sport, Lacatoni, Le Coq Sportif, Legea, Lescon, Lotto, Luanvi, Macron, Marathon, Masita, Mass, Mitre, Mizuno, Mobel, Nanque, Nike, O'Neills, Onze, Patrick, Penalty, Prostar, Puma, Re!al, Reebok, Reusch, Royal, Saller, Signia, Sport 2000, Stadium, Surridge, Swift, Tepa, Tico, Topper, Uhlsport, Umbro, Under Armour, Vandanel, Voit, Wilson, Xara

Feel free to add the missed ones
Old 09-11-2008, 12:57:AM   #59
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieD_PL View Post
I'd agree with the first one but not necessarily the other two. Unless I'm assuming that #3 only applies to team already ingame. If not please explain how you would intend to implement that point.

It would be much easier to use the ID's that are already in the various lng.db's; making it more placatable for cross-linguistic compatibility. The Euro 2008 IDs with 1118XX were only for fake versions of some teams that EA didn't bother to liscence. It's much easier when you have the realistic ID's from Euro 2004 already in each language.db.
Also, for me personally, the WC 2006 ID system seem really random and without any real order that can be followed. At least in the FIFA 02 system, you have blocs of ID's from the same confederation grouped together.
Well I have not FIFA 02, Euro 04, WC 06 nor Euro 08 so I was not aware of what you said. No doubt about we need to keep rule #1 (so Estonia must have id 208 for example). Rule #2 has the goal to potentially re-use patches (or data) coming out from an older game but it is not a must, it is just an attempt to have a rational for the job. Why don't you try to solve the ambiguities on your experience and come out with a list of National team ids that makes sense.
Reason 1 has a good reason - we
Old 09-11-2008, 05:10:AM   #60
Keegan
Yardie

Keegan is a name known to allKeegan is a name known to allKeegan is a name known to allKeegan is a name known to allKeegan is a name known to allKeegan is a name known to all
I'll do what I can re boots - I haven't looked at the file structure/naming convention of boots in 09, but I was thinking that we could perhaps follow the brand/colour model that they have - so Boot 0 = Nike (for example) and the colours would then be the top most popular 15 for example Nike boots currently used. Boot 1 = Adidas and it follows... thoughts?

Keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:50:PM   #61
wwwescape
Youth Team

wwwescape is on a distinguished road
So does this mean that we have to wait for a finalized CMS before we start making patches in CM09?
wwwescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:46:PM   #62
myx
Senior Squad

myx will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to myx Send a message via Skype™ to myx
Rinaldo mate,

Show me the teams list
Old 09-11-2008, 01:57:PM   #63
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
I'll do what I can re boots - I haven't looked at the file structure/naming convention of boots in 09, but I was thinking that we could perhaps follow the brand/colour model that they have - so Boot 0 = Nike (for example) and the colours would then be the top most popular 15 for example Nike boots currently used. Boot 1 = Adidas and it follows... thoughts?
The different colours are available only for boot 0, for the other boots we have only one boot for each i. i think we should keep 0 for generic (I mean "no brand") boots and use other ids for a specific brand-model-color.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:58:PM   #64
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwescape View Post
So does this mean that we have to wait for a finalized CMS before we start making patches in CM09?
No but, of course, you cannot make a CMS compliant patch if the CMS does not exist.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:59:PM   #65
Rinaldo
Senior Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by myx View Post
Rinaldo mate,

Show me the teams list
I am working on it. I will post it this evening.