Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum > Older Football Manager Titles Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 05:44:PM   #1
veron28
Senior Squad

veron28 will become famous soon enough
predicament

long time no see...
i finally got fm2006 early in the summer and have been quite addicted since, which is gonna be a problem since ive just started my a-level year.
but anyway i took on the tottenham job and with a combo of selling alot of my squad and getting some real bargains i managed to build up a very strong 1st team and somehow won the league. anyway ive got abit more transfer funds now and after an enquiery ive recieved a bid of £60mil for Defoe from Chelsea, which even though he was my top goalscorer and assister last year (plus my only FC with alot of pace) so im seriously contemplating accepting that bid.
I was just wondering who people thought would be a good replacement, so far im thinking Fred (can get for £21mil) or Robinho (can get for £31mil) any thoughts? Im also in the market for a left or right winger and a right back, i was thinking either Cristiano Ronaldo (transfer listed and available for £29million) or Ben Arfa (Lyon wanting about £20million for him) and then Iraola is my #1 target for right back but wont go for under £20 million, so i might not bother and play Vanden-Borre there and try and get a decent CB. Anyway sorry for going on, let me know your thoughts n stuff....

my team:-

GK:- robinson

DF's:- stalteri/vdb vanden borre/ben haim king/dawson grosso/lee

DM's:- Zokora/Carrick(runs to CM) Sivok/sahin

RM:- Esposito/Routledge (runs to AMR)
AM:- Messi(runs to AML)

CF's:- Zigic/Tevez Defoe
veron28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:53:PM   #2
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
I would advise against selling Defoe. He's probably one of the best strikers in the game.
But if you do sell him, I'd go for Fred as a replacement, he's a real beast too. Don't think you really need a MR, as Routledge is pretty good there. Might want a backup for him though. Have a look at Hossain Kaebi for DR aswell. He's Iranian and a real big talent(in FM anyway).

Good luck.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:16:PM   #3
veron28
Senior Squad

yeah routledge is good, but i need someone as ive got no left wingers (had richardson on loan last season) and i need at least one as depending on the opposing team i move the AMC to ML and messi cant play on the left wing for me. Esposito can play on either side so i need someone for whichever wing im not playing him on
i'll have a look at kaebi, he was my best player on pro evolution soccer 4.
i'm still contemplating the sale of defoe...

Last edited by veron28; 11-09-2006 at 06:19:PM.
Old 13-09-2006, 12:10:AM   #4
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Buy Fred, don't buy Robinho, altough his stats are great he is terrible in my Real squad, so I sold him. CRonaldo for 29M is a good deal, he is one of the best wingers in the game, I would do it. (Why is he transfer listed tho ? )
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2006, 03:09:PM   #5
veron28
Senior Squad

it said he was "upset with recent teamtalks given by manager" which i found pretty funny, and now hes transfer listed by request.
Old 13-09-2006, 05:03:PM   #6
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Well he owns in my Everton game. But than again the whole of Real Madrid owns in that game as they've won the title 5 years in a row(just like me BTW ).

But Fred is more the deadly striker than Robinho who's more a playmaker than a real finisher.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2006, 05:41:PM   #7
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
to be honest, im not sure Robinho will come to you anyway, he might be transfer listed by request, but he might also be quite picky.

Fred i prefer over Robinho, FM tends to like out-and-out strikers rather than Second Strikers such as Robinho, Rooney or people like that. Don't ask me why, those kind of SCs dont quite work aswell on FM as they do in real life.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote