Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 16 Forum > FIFA 16 Editing Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2017, 09:05:PM   #1
aasiaat
Club Supporter

aasiaat is on a distinguished road
Looking for help with bodies. Possible payment.

Hi, I am looking for help on a modding project I am working on.

I am currently trying to replace male bodytypes with female bodytypes in FIFA 16. The goal is to have male and female looking players playing at the same level, it doesn't matter if their gender is all set as "male" in the database. Ideally I would like to replace the one-player male bodies - 10 Messi, 12 Afinkenwa, 13 Courtois, etc - with female bodies.

Feel free to contact me if you have a solution. I can give a small payment via PayPal to whoever can help me. We can talk about the exact amount via PM. Extensive testing would be needed before the transfer though, to ensure it can be done without side effects.

I am also wondering if it is possible to bypass the 15 characters limit on team names(some teams like Donetsk have more than 15 characters, so I assume it can be done somehow), without causing issues with CM16, but this is not as important.

Cheers
aasiaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 01:13:PM   #2
fwine
Club Supporter

fwine is on a distinguished road
It's complicated :

Bodies are divided in 3D pieces (that are in the data_graphic2 file, data/sceneassets/body):

- body_X_Y_Z.rx3 (X = 1 or 2 ; Y = 0 or 1 ; Z = 0 or 1 ; Z is gender, X might be Level of Detail (LOD))
- arms_X_Y_Z.rx3 (X=0 ; Y=0,1 ; Z=0,1 ; Y is sleeves length, Z gender, X is LOD)
- head_X_Y (X=1,2 ; Y=0,1 ; Y is gender)
- jersey_A_B_C_D_E_F_G (A=0,1,2 ; B=0-20 ; C=0,1 ; D=0,1 ; E=0,1 ; F=0,1 ; G=0,1 ; B is collar, G is gender, A is LOD)
- legs_X_Y_Z (X=0 ; Y=0,1,2 ; Z=0,1 ; Y is sock length, Z is gender)
- shoes_X_Y (X=1,2 ; Y=0,1 ; Y is gender)
- shorts_X_Y_Z (X=0,1,2 ; Y=0,1 ; Z=0,1 ; Z is gender)
- socks_X_Y_Z (X=0,1,2 ; Y=0,1,2 ; Z=0,1 ; X is LOD, Y is length, Z is gender)
- underarms_X_Y_Z (X=0 ; Y=0 ; Z=0,1 ; Z is gender)
- undershorts_X_Y_Z (X=0 ; Y=0 ; Z=0,1 ; Z is gender)
- body_common_X_textures (X=0,1 where X is gender)

And only then, a morph (data/sceneassets/bodytype/bbscale_X_Y_Z) is applied.

So, as there is no 3D model such as messi.3D or shaqiri.3D, you can't do what you want the way you want.

What could possibly done is to decrete that :
- anybody won't play with long sleeves anymore, so you can replace the male long sleeves settings with the female short sleeves one
- men can't use collar N20, because you'll replace any jersey_x_20_x_x_x_x_0 with jersey_x_20_x_x_x_x_1
- men can't have high socks because you'll replace socks_x_2_0 with socks_x_0_1. So you'll need to replace the shorts_x_2_0 with shorts_x_0_1 as well.
- etc...

But that would lead to :
- women can't use underarmor
- because of the jersey-collar link, mixed teams are not possible (players in the same team share the same collar type)
- I'm not even what would happen with the head
- etc...
- And I fear that the body_common_X_textures prevents you to sneak behind the lines :
If the player is a male, the male, the male texture is applied. If the player is a female, the female texture is applied). If you take a female 3D model and apply the male texture, the result might be pretty ugly.

The only thing that could be done is to try to edit the morphs so that the male player looks like a female player (narrower waist, arms and legs, wider hips, more prominent upper spine...). It's possible but as no tool exist for that, you have to do it via an hex editor. It's a work that requires much much time, and the result would be unconvincing, because of male players muscles definition, so you'll end up with female players with high muscular definition, especially thighs, calves and pecs.
fwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 10:07:PM   #3
aasiaat
Club Supporter

aasiaat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwine View Post
It's complicated :

Bodies are divided in 3D pieces (that are in the data_graphic2 file, data/sceneassets/body):

- body_X_Y_Z.rx3 (X = 1 or 2 ; Y = 0 or 1 ; Z = 0 or 1 ; Z is gender, X might be Level of Detail (LOD))
- arms_X_Y_Z.rx3 (X=0 ; Y=0,1 ; Z=0,1 ; Y is sleeves length, Z gender, X is LOD)
- jersey_A_B_C_D_E_F_G (A=0,1,2 ; B=0-20 ; C=0,1 ; D=0,1 ; E=0,1 ; F=0,1 ; G=0,1 ; B is collar, G is gender, A is LOD)

So, as there is no 3D model such as messi.3D or shaqiri.3D, you can't do what you want the way you want.

- anybody won't play with long sleeves anymore, so you can replace the male long sleeves settings with the female short sleeves one
- men can't use collar N20, because you'll replace any jersey_x_20_x_x_x_x_0 with jersey_x_20_x_x_x_x_1
- men can't have high socks because you'll replace socks_x_2_0 with socks_x_0_1. So you'll need to replace the shorts_x_2_0 with shorts_x_0_1 as well.
- etc...

But that would lead to :
- because of the jersey-collar link, mixed teams are not possible (players in the same team share the same collar type)
- etc...
- And I fear that the body_common_X_textures prevents you to sneak behind the lines :
If the player is a male, the male, the male texture is applied. If the player is a female, the female texture is applied). If you take a female 3D model and apply the male texture, the result might be pretty ugly.

The only thing that could be done is to try to edit the morphs so that the male player looks like a female player (narrower waist, arms and legs, wider hips, more prominent upper spine...). It's possible but as no tool exist for that, you have to do it via an hex editor. It's a work that requires much much time, and the result would be unconvincing, because of male players muscles definition, so you'll end up with female players with high muscular definition, especially thighs, calves and pecs.
Wow, thanks for such a detailed answer.

It's great to know how data/sceneassets/body works. I've searched the web many times before, but couldn't find an explanation.

Naively I thought swapping some data around would do the trick But it's really a lot more complicated than I expected, and probably not worth doing... So I will just stick to simulating matches.

Even though I won't continue with this project, feel free to PM me if you want to claim a donation. I feel bad giving nothing in return for such a detailed post. Hopefully it will help someone else in the community.
aasiaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 06:40:PM   #4
fwine
Club Supporter

There might a solution that I need to look after.

This solution could be to take the 3D parts and create a third gender next to female and male.

I'll give it a try this week.

PS : The game only recognize 2 genders. What is not female is male and therefore has a male body.

Sorry mate.

Last edited by fwine; 20-03-2017 at 11:06:PM.
Old 21-03-2017, 07:47:AM   #5
samael9
Club Supporter

samael9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwine View Post
It's complicated :

- etc...

But that would lead to :
- etc...

Wow! That could be done ? Can you help us ?
Sorry if I understand something wrong, I really want to change for more short sleeves like fifa 17.
Anyway, thanks for all explanation
samael9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 02:20:PM   #6
fwine
Club Supporter

I've answered with a private message.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:25:PM   #7
fwine
Club Supporter

I think I might have come in fine with an positive answer.

In the data_startup archive in the Program Fils/FIFA 16 directory, there is a file named players.lua under the path data/fifarna/lua/assets/.

- Use CG File Extractor to export this file to the fifa/data directory
- Use BH-FHL-Editor to desactivate the file in the data_startup archive.
- Open the extracted file with notepad and replace the following lines (20th-30th line):

if (db.player[idx].gender == 0) then
db.player[idx].strgender = "female"

with

if (db.player[idx].gender == 2) then
db.player[idx].strgender = "female"

I've run a couple of match and I do have the feeling that female players run as fast as male players.

Last edited by fwine; 23-03-2017 at 01:11:AM.