Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 14 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2014, 11:31:AM   #1
saintric
Youth Team

saintric will become famous soon enough
PS4 or Upgrade My PC?

I have a budget of 350 I like playing a modded FIFA but not sure if that budget could upgrade my pc enough can it? my specs are

windows 7 (not 64bit)
nvidia gt230 1.5gb
core 2 quad
intel Q8300
150w PSU not sure of model
saintric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 12:15:PM   #2
dissectionalone
Senior Squad

dissectionalone has a spectacular aura aboutdissectionalone has a spectacular aura about
Are you sure you wrote the specs of your PSU correctly, mate? 150 watts?

Your CPU seems to be right in the minimum specs for playing fifa 15, but you'd probably need a 64 OS.
What about RAM? do you have less the 4 GB? if you do have at least 4GB you should seriously consider using a 64 bit Windows, because if you have at least 4GB and a 32 bit Windows, you're not using all the memory.

The thing about upgrading is usually if you're strapped for cash, go part by part and build only when you have all the necessary parts.

If you think you'd rather focus your budget strictly on gaming, maybe you'd lean more towards a PS4.

Overall, I'd say a pc upgrade is more useful, but I guess it's a matter of priorities and personal taste
dissectionalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 01:15:PM   #3
saintric
Youth Team

saintric will become famous soon enough
hi mate thanks for the reply

the psu I just copied off a site that has my pc specs pretty sure it said 150?

I have 6gb of ram i believe it is DDR2? as you can tell im a bit useless with rigs I guess if it works out the same price or cheaper than a ps4 to upgrade thats the route I will take since I like all the mods but if its too much hassle I will just go for the ps4

I tried to run the demo but of course that was before I knew about the 64os and also it said i only have directx10

my pc is an advent centurion cq9204
saintric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:46:PM   #4
zlojack
Starting XI

zlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pele
For that money, you won't be able to update your PC. In fact, you should probably just throw that PC at your parents the next time you get grounded or something.

Buy the PS4 and enjoy the game. Invite friends over to play with you. Play with other people online. Don't worry too much about modding, the game already looks amazing and that will let you focus on actually playing.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:28:PM   #5
Rash05
Club Supporter

Rash05 is on a distinguished road
I have Two PC, one of them has a Core2Quad and the gamre runs and looks great!

Core2 Quad Q9550
4GB RAM DDR2
AMD HD 6570
PSU Pixxo

You can upgrade your graphic card, the PSU and maybe 1 year later change the rest of the parts.
Rash05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2015, 09:33:AM   #6
Arush Awasthi
Club Supporter

Arush Awasthi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintric View Post
I have a budget of 350 I like playing a modded FIFA but not sure if that budget could upgrade my pc enough can it? my specs are

windows 7 (not 64bit)
nvidia gt230 1.5gb
core 2 quad
intel Q8300
150w PSU not sure of model
Hi I'm he here,

First your processor. If your clock speed is 1.7-2.2 or more GHz then processor is good.
Now your graphics card. If you can get hold of a 500W power supply for 100$ (I dunno currency rates so it would probably not be possible) then get hold of the Radeon R9 290 for 170$ off of Amazon. It's a really good graphics card for the budget.
I hope I helped, I just don't know much about building a rig so...
Arush Awasthi is offline   Reply With Quote