Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Championship Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2005, 07:12:PM   #14
adj137
Senior Squad

adj137 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROD
interesting view, do you think its as good as FM though?

TROD.

HELL NO
Old 03-04-2005, 07:19:PM   #15
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
good lad

TROD.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:57:PM   #16
PSVFOREVER
Fan Favourite

PSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nice
as i ont think its worth to make a new thread, here's my view on cm5 (based on the demo)

decided to play a game with PSV.

-the database:
awful, oh my god, how did they get this. examples:
-PSV's chairman irl is Rob Westerhof, in CM5 it apparently is Tim Kahn. Riiiiiiiiiiiight
-Vennegoor of Hesselink is known as a good header, while Farfan is a small technique based player. But, no, CM5 considers Farfan a better header than VoH.
-PSVs reserves are filled with players in their mid and late twenties and some in their thirties. IRL it are players around 18-20
-AZ Player Elkhattabi is called El Khattabi in game. Shouldnt be too hard to check.
-A lot youth players have German names in the Netherlands. CM5 apparently thinks we are germans too

-They have removed shortcuts (spacebar=continue, f6 takes to squad etc.) annoying
-exactly 4 people make noise in the crowd
-way to much injuries
-so adidas focused, almost every background contains an adidas product

contracts seem to be too easy, Van Bommel was willing to sign a cotract equal to his current one. IRl he leaves for sure after this season.

then my first match came there.
that match engine is very funny. Players move like flies, they move randomly as it seems. then realism, Cocu scores a hattrick from freekicks. All in from the post. I wont start about gk's and own goals, as everybody mentioned them already.

im now looking to the Costa Rica squad, just after they've been beaten 9-0 in the Copa America. here's the line-up.

Kovalev in goal: very costa rican name
Gusharshvili RB: very costa rican name again
Ronald Gomez and Wanchope form the centre of the defense
centre midfield contains the likes of Topolski and Zekic
striker is Löw

some positive things:
-speed
-ability to choose for 1-20 and 1-100
and errr......

I wont get the full game, something i first did want to do.
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for letting us work there, and when we got home, our Dad would murder us in cold blood, each night, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah." But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:19:PM   #17
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Don't waste money on it Cody. It's awful.(Though it does get slightly better with the new patch).

I think they can only compete with FM next year maybe even more...

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55:PM   #18
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Oh, a demo was released

Three days ago, actually. Grab it here.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:04:PM   #19
adj137
Senior Squad

adj137 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSVFOREVER
-They have removed shortcuts (spacebar=continue, f6 takes to squad etc.) annoying
this is so damn annoying, hope to god they change it.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:16:PM   #20
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
The first time I ran CM 5 on my PC I couldn't even exit the game properly. Had to press ctrl+alt+del to exit it. Says enough I think

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"