Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Older Championship Manager Titles Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-03-2004, 01:18:AM   #14
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
nah on second thoughts i think we should leave it, its like a relic, lol. soooooo old.

However! something to add:

THIS IS WHAT A REGEN IS:

http://www.soccergaming.tv/showthrea...threadid=98569

TROD.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:01:PM   #15
Rami
Mullet Boy

Rami is on a distinguished road
How to play cm 03/04 online?

I know there's already a "how to" cm thread, but it doesn't answer how to play online with cm 03/04. Can anyone help?

European Champs
Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:34:PM   #16
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
One person starts a new game running as a server. Make sure the box is ticked in the Preferences screen:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg settings.jpg (116.4 KB, 385 views)
rpvankasteren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:36:PM   #17
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
He then starts a new game, running the leagues of choice.

The other players need to sign in to the game, using the IP of the machine the game is started on. You can find it in the Game Status window, if you don't know it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg status.jpg (114.6 KB, 368 views)
Old 08-04-2004, 08:39:PM   #18
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

The game is joined through the 'Network Game' option in the main menu. You then choose 'Join Other Server' and fill in the wanted IP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg network.jpg (117.1 KB, 360 views)
Old 17-04-2004, 09:40:AM   #19
ralfwiggum
Youth Team

ralfwiggum is on a distinguished road
id like to thank ruud for this info........

to add players to your database no matter wot size you select, follow what i've put but add different nation or team depending on who you want........

for teams, put the text as i've put in the pic below, as it is in the notepad...... but this depends on the team....... (edit, by Ruud: "Also note that the name for the team has to be the short name listed in the database, the one that appears in fixture lists. So i.e. "Man Utd" for Manchester United or "Valencia" for Valencia S.A.D..")

for national, put the text i've put in the pic below as it is, in a notepad...... depending on the nation.............. (edit, by Ruud: This keeps all players with that nationality in the game, does not affect foreign players in the nation's league system. You need to use the full name of the country, as used on the title bar of the National squad; i.e.: "United States" for USA, and "China P.R." for China.)

save the notepad as team/nation.ddt (the ddt bit on the end is the most important part.... just type that in), just copy like in the pic below including putting the file type to 'all files'. The bit of the name before the dot is just for recognition. Name "as you like.ddt"

then put that file in CProgram Files\Eidos\CM 03-04\data\db
like the pic below......

Last edited by rpvankasteren; 09-05-2004 at 02:53:AM.
ralfwiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:55:AM   #20
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
good old Ruud, what a mod

TROD.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:02:AM   #21
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

CM 03/04 List of questions asked previously in this thread.

On network games:

Q:
Quote:
Originally posted by simonee14
Do you need any patches installed cos i have tried with some mates and we have the same version but dont work
A:
Quote:
Originally posted by mixafendis
yeah, I think official patches fix some network game bugs. Also make sure u dont have any firewals running.

On .ddt files:

Q:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fernandez
What if its America?
A:
Quote:
Originally posted by RP van Kasteren
You would use "United States", like for El Salvador in the second pic.
Q:
Quote:
Originally posted by Zlatan
ok, ok now let me get this straight: if I type: "RETAIN_PLAYERS" "Comunicaciones" and save it as comunicaciones.ddt, then I get Fredy William Thompson plus a bunch of other players playing for Comunicaciones
A:
Quote:
Yes, it would. The name of the file isn't very important (except the .ddt extension), but it can help you find out what it does.

Q:
Quote:
Originally posted by Drowning Pool
how do u retain ppl from a nation? does that el salvador think only retain the national team? or all players of that nationality? i wanna retain brazilian players coz great prospects like Dagoberto etc are all left out in med DB
A:
Quote:
All players of that nationality are retained. So you'd use "Brazil", and find some 70 players that carry the name "Ronaldo"...
Q:
Quote:
Loosely after Glorious Fan's question
How do you get out of holiday mode if you want to?
A:
Quote:
Loosely after Tom's reply, plus I added a bit
You can set a return date before going into holiday mode. To return early, depress the spacebar when the game is processing matches.

Last edited by rpvankasteren; 23-07-2004 at 11:52:PM.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:12:PM   #22
WilliamFAlmeida
Starting XI

WilliamFAlmeida is on a distinguished road
yea I was wondering the same thing

how to connect to different people even if they are firewalled

Thanks $teauA For The Awesome Sig
Jesus Christ King of The Jews and Gentiles

Kryptonite is french
WilliamFAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:08:PM   #23
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

Best option I could think of: Don't host, but join a game...
Old 09-09-2004, 01:31:AM   #24
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

We now have a new solution for network games behind firewalls, thanks to anfield shadows:

To be able to host a network game from a firewalled PC, either software or hardware, you need to open up the following ports:

TCP: 9094
UDP: 9093

Quote:
Originally posted by anfield_shadows
Opening ports on your Windows XP firewall:

1. Navigate to My network places
2. Right click your internet connection(for example, LAN- connection 1). Select Properties.
3. Click the 'advanced' tab, select settings.
4. Select the 'services' tab.
5. Click the 'add' button, in the lower left corner.
6. Enter a description of the program(CM), type your ip number, and enter 9094 in both the external and the internal port number boxes, make sure the TCP box is ticked.
7. Repeat 6, but now enter 9093 in the external and internal port number boxes, make sure the UDP box is ticked. Now click the 'ok' button.
8. Make sure both new created services(CM) are ticked in the 'services tab'. Now click ok.
To free the ports on a router firewall, browse to your router's IP address, and free traffic on both ports from there.

Last edited by rpvankasteren; 24-03-2009 at 09:56:PM.
Old 23-03-2009, 11:27:AM   #25
ErikBam
Club Supporter

ErikBam is on a distinguished road
'How To' CM/SG Help Thread

hi,
yea I was wondering the same thing

how to connect to different people even if they are firewalled.

ErikBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 12:19:PM   #26
peryday09
Club Supporter

peryday09 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to peryday09
How To CM/SG Help Thread

Hey guys,

Ive constantly got 3-6 players on my team, which im strugling with selling. I want to sell them as I can buy better players from their value, even 60-70 of their value.

They range from 22-30, so age shouldnt be the issue. I set them transfer listed to about 60-70 of their initial value ....

.... how do I sell them?

.... and how do you sell the players you want to get rid of?

Thanks
peryday09 is offline   Reply With Quote