This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 2003 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 09-11-2002, 10:44:AM   #40
mcq3000
Club Supporter

mcq3000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mcq3000 Send a message via Yahoo to mcq3000
Quote:
Originally posted by marc_angelus
I figured out the right analog stick stuff last night.. who would have thought they'd map the right analog stick? nice one EA!!

I also worked out how to score from crosses, so now i'm just one step away from knowing how to do everything i need to have a basic mastery of the game..

Anyone know how to defend corners? If i use the header button, my keeper runs out of his goal because it's also the keeper rush button. And the other buttons dont seem to do anything. The only clearing that i've ever done from in the box seems to be done automatically by my defenders!!
I have two Pads. A WIngman Rumble Pad and a dual analog PSX Pad with a PSX-USB adapter. The PSX pad has nothing mapped to the right analog, and the default WInXP drivers for it don't let u map anything, though they let you test the button presses of all the controls. My WIngman Rumblepad seems to have the right analog mapped, though it doesn't seem to work in game evrytime I use it. If I stand still and press down/up, the player moves in that direction while kicking the ball, kinda like a short speed bust while kciking the ball slightly forward. This works 100% of the time. However, the other directions do not do anything except in certain instances when I am attacked by a defender, sometimes the player does a leg fake, sometimes a 180 and sometimes nothing, he gets the ball stolen. I thought maybe the computer just did dribble moves for you sometimes or with certain players, but when I do not wiggle the right analog, they never do anymoves so I can confirm that the right stick does do dribble moves somewhat. With your pad marc, does your dribbling happen all the time or only in certain instances? And do you get rumble in the game because I don't, only at the start of the game, my pad rumbles at the first screen, after that I get no rumble. DO your dribbling tactics work 100% of the time or only in certain situation. Like if y ou stand still and hit a certain direction, does your player do dribble moves because mine doesn't. It's only if you encounter a defender or you are being attacked that it "SOmetimes" works though certain players it happens more times than others.

Also, what happened to the arrows for taking Goal Kicks/Corner Kicks?? How can you place the ball when taking corner kicks if there is no directional arrow? And anyone know how to spin the ball????
mcq3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 11:21:AM   #41
Dan77
Club Supporter

Dan77 is on a distinguished road
Surprise

I have bought Fifa 2003 a week ago and it took me some time to figure it out. (I am talking about the PC version)
SPACE is the trick button and it works when your player is just near the opponent. For sure it works if you double tap it, but I think it can be done with only one touch. It doesn't mean that you go right through, but you can see your player trying some amazing moves and sometimes it is a delight to see him go through 2 defenders and score.
For overhead kicks you have to hold A.

I don't know if it is possible to curl the shots. Beacause they keep missing from right outside the box when I try to shoot in the opposite side of the net. And it was nobody in front and...Raul. I even put a control on the other side and kept trying to score without the defenders bothering me too much ) ...and nothing. So I think maybe you have to curl the ball. If you know something please let me know. Thanks!
Dan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 11:32:PM   #42
Stuntman
Reserve Team

Stuntman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Stuntman Send a message via AIM to Stuntman Send a message via Yahoo to Stuntman
i wish people would read the damn manual that came with the game...maybe then we wouldn't have to answer n00b questions like:

"why does my player just kick the ball forward when i press the right analog forward?!"

come on people!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:35:AM   #43
Ophidius
Club Supporter

Ophidius is on a distinguished road
Cool features with the right analog stick. I was playing a game and while retardedly rushing right into a defender with Zidane (I'm still getting used to the sprint control okay?!), I tapped the right analog stick forward. That sly bastard spun right around the defender and deftly booted the ball in! Anyone else stumble across crazy moves like this? Is that one reserved for Zidane/good strikers only and how do I do them again?
Ophidius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:45:AM   #44
Ophidius
Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan77
I even put a control on the other side and kept trying to score without the defenders bothering me too much ) ...and nothing. So I think maybe you have to curl the ball. If you know something please let me know. Thanks!
I think the shooting control is touchier than ever. I do know that you have to direct your shot towards the goal in the same way that you would use the "pass through" button. I would recommend pointing more towards the middle of the goal and gunning it (not too much of course ).
Old 10-11-2002, 11:57:AM   #45
nikothepotato
Club Supporter

nikothepotato is on a distinguished road

Once when I was playing with the mighty spurs I did an easy pass to Robbie Keane and kinda pressed shoot and held it past the red and he scored.:Bow:
Old 10-11-2002, 01:11:PM   #46
Payaah
Starting XI

Payaah will become famous soon enoughPayaah will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by nikothepotato
Once when I was playing with the mighty spurs I did an easy pass to Robbie Keane and kinda pressed shoot and held it past the red and he scored.:Bow:
where you in the penalt box?
Payaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 07:41:PM   #47
Stuntman
Reserve Team

Send a message via ICQ to Stuntman Send a message via AIM to Stuntman Send a message via Yahoo to Stuntman
Quote:
Originally posted by nikothepotato
i did the same thing off of a corner kick with Pascal Cygan (Arsenal), and i was standing on the penalty mark.

also, regarding the spin move that has been reported:

there are certain players that have certain moves that they do in real life...well, Zidane happens to do the spin in real life so it is his "special move" not everyone can do it. there are others that can do it, but Zidane is the only one i know of so far that can do it.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:12:AM   #48
Ophidius
Club Supporter

I think I saw renaldo do the spin too... fuzzy memory though, it all happened too fast.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:04:AM   #49
Stuntman
Reserve Team

i've not had the opporitunity to see anyone do a spin, i just know that Zidane can do it, and you say Ronaldo can too. Maybe i should just put it on World Class, and play a Brazil vs. France game, and see what happens.

i'm too busy playing Premiership and UEFA matches with Arsenal though. this game r0x!
Old 11-11-2002, 10:24:AM   #50
Payaah
Starting XI

Payaah will become famous soon enoughPayaah will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Ophidius
I think I saw renaldo do the spin too... fuzzy memory though, it all happened too fast.
yes,
i did a spin with ronaldo too
Payaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 11:00:AM   #51
Ophidius
Club Supporter

Yes FIFA 2003 does rock. Oops, spelled Ronaldo wrong, was too late, nothing but respect for him.

Stuntman, you play as Arsenal? Judging by your sig, I couldn't tell
Old 11-11-2002, 04:16:PM   #52
tottiiii
Starting XI

tottiiii is on a distinguished road
does totti have his own special move?....what attributes does he have in the game
tottiiii is offline   Reply With Quote