Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 16 Forum > FIFA 16 Support Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2016, 12:08:PM   #1
poet11
Oh and tits.

poet11 has a spectacular aura aboutpoet11 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to poet11
Weird Name Issue Turning Up

What's happened is when I open CM, first notice a player having a weird long name on his position on the rosters tab starting with Soccer something. I check the player tab and his preferred positions, it looks fine again but the problem still persists and can't understand what is wrong since I changed db/lang db/loc since I had to clean install the game. Started with MWM database obviously since I don't have the patience and mentality to start from scratch once again. That name issue doesn't end there actually. Leagues, teams and even Nations- a few of them had this weird never ending. No, it ain't aliens or the illuminati.

Here's another, while correcting the names of leagues, teams or nations, they go away and I couldn't control myself from editing tournament names and league names-along with their details like 4th place CL/play off, high/low finish- that sorta thing. Also, completely deleted the Women's national teams and players since I never at all use them in anyway so why bother keeping them.
poet11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:53:AM   #2
regularcat
Manager

regularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the rough
In the first post in my thread I have shared the FIFA 17 converted database and English language file, use that and you won't have to start from scratch.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:09:AM   #3
poet11
Oh and tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regularcat View Post
In the first post in my thread I have shared the FIFA 17 converted database and English language file, use that and you won't have to start from scratch.
Thanks RC you legend!

Forgot to add that the two positions in question are LB and CAM. Why and where did it go wrong? Just in case such a thing happened again. I'm aware that I can back up the files but just curious since you never know.

A couple of questions more regarding this- Is removing the women's stuff via CM16 a problem at all? And would I be able to make changes to the European and other club competitions with just editing via CM or do I need to edit stuff other than the DB?

Before that though, am I allowed to use your released DB as the base for this?
Old 11-10-2016, 08:44:AM   #4
poet11
Oh and tits.

The same thing happening again with your DB as well, RC.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:35:PM   #5
poet11
Oh and tits.

Okay the name issue is gone. Had to reinstall a clean copy. Don't ignore the other questions though and also what may have gone wrong,please. I'm planning a patch