Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 16 Forum > FIFA 16 Support Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2016, 08:33:AM   #1
joebiden10
Club Supporter

joebiden10 is on a distinguished road
Can't Loan Out Players

I am in the 5th season of my career mode and every time I access the transfers section, the game crashes. Also, when I accept a loan offer for any of my players, the game crashes. Got any suggestions fellas?

P.S. Starting a new career mode seems to fix the problem. But I don't wanna do that. Exporting save data to the main database is not an option either as it ruins the experience.
joebiden10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 05:52:PM   #2
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebiden10 View Post
Exporting save data to the main database is not an option either as it ruins the experience.
How does fixing the issue in that way - if it's even possible - ruin the experience? Or are you just looking for a quick fix that doesn't require much time and effort?
bangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2016, 08:56:PM   #3
joebiden10
Club Supporter

Thanks for the reply Bangus.

Quote:
How does fixing the issue in that way - if it's even possible - ruin the experience?
Actually it's quite simple. If I start a new career after exporting the save data to the main DB, my players start with absurd overalls after all those years of growth. That for me is a deal breaker.

Quote:
Or are you just looking for a quick fix that doesn't require much time and effort?
I can assure you that certainly isn't the case here. I've spent around 3 days trying to figure out a working solution for this issue. In fact, I'll list everything that I've tried so far. Here goes,

1. Tried exporting the save data to the main DB.
2. Tried starting a new career.
3. Tried adding a new tab called 'Club Transfers' (as in the customize option in the main menu) to the career mode hub ("careermanagerhubcfg.xml") so that I can transfer my players manually to different teams (even without receiving any bids) for game time. I was able to add the tile, but couldn't get it to show the club transfers menu (In fact, nothing happens actually)

http://imgur.com/a/N158G

4. Tried using cheat engine to change the team ID of my player to a different team's ID so that he becomes a different team's player (?)
5. Tried identifying all the files that are being accessed in the background (using process monitor) when the accept bid page is opened in game.

Personally, I feel that the 3rd option is a viable one as I only need to get the tile working (or I believe so!). But I'll leave the suggestions to the FIFA experts in here.

Right now, I am out of ideas. Hopefully, one of you guys will be able to find a working solution. Thanks
Old 20-09-2016, 09:30:AM   #4
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Quote:
If I start a new career after exporting the save data to the main DB, my players start with absurd overalls after all those years of growth. That for me is a deal breaker.
So you've been able to export that data and restart your career - impressive. Seems to me this is your only option. If you can access those tables, you can also access your players' values. What about adjusting your players down so as to lower their overall ratings?

Anyway, I did a search and couldn't find any info on "FIFA 16 career transfer bug." So maybe something corrupted in your save file? Or are you using someone's edited DB and maybe that's the issue? People tinker with the career files all the time, which obviously can cause problems.
Old 20-09-2016, 12:27:PM   #5
joebiden10
Club Supporter

Quote:
If you can access those tables, you can also access your players' values. What about adjusting your players down so as to lower their overall ratings?
I could do that. But that would essentially mean that I am starting a new career after reducing the player stats. Also, I am looking for a way to retain all the manager stats such as the number of wins, etc. And those values get messed up after importing the data into the main database.

Quote:
So maybe something corrupted in your save file? Or are you using someone's edited DB and maybe that's the issue? People tinker with the career files all the time, which obviously can cause problems.
I fear that to be the case as well. Regarding the editing part - yes, I did do a lot of editing to the files. And the database I edited was from my own game. But even after restoring the original files, the issue continues to exist.

I still don't wanna give up. As stated in my post before, editing the "careermanagerhubcfg.xml" file seems to be the only option left if I want to continue my current career. I would love some help though, as I am out of my depth here.
Old 20-09-2016, 12:32:PM   #6
bangus
Starting XI

There is one table in the DB that lists players on loan. If too many players are on loan, the game doesn't allow you to move players to the FA list when editing default squads. I ran into this editing issue a couple years back and fixed it by removing the IDs of all players on loan who were listed on that table. One thing to maybe try.
Old 20-09-2016, 12:42:PM   #7
bangus
Starting XI

Quote:
I could do that. But that would essentially mean that I am starting a new career after reducing the player stats. Also, I am looking for a way to retain all the manager stats such as the number of wins, etc. And those values get messed up after importing the data into the main database.
You need to maybe see this from another POV. You're playing with an edited DB that probably caused this issue. You'll be lucky if you can somehow salvage this career save and even continue it at all. So any fix is better than nothing. At least you'll have the same players and team, which is the priority. Manager stats really don't matter.

And if it were me, knowing what I know now about your DB, I would just scrap that career and start again with a DB that hasn't been tinkered with, one you know will work properly.
Old 20-09-2016, 02:35:PM   #8
joebiden10
Club Supporter

Quote:
There is one table in the DB that lists players on loan. If too many players are on loan, the game doesn't allow you to move players to the FA list when editing default squads. I ran into this editing issue a couple years back and fixed it by removing the IDs of all players on loan who were listed on that table. One thing to maybe try.
Thanks bangus. You've been really helpful. I'll keep that in mind when I import the data next time.

Quote:
You'll be lucky if you can somehow salvage this career save and even continue it at all. So any fix is better than nothing. At least you'll have the same players and team, which is the priority. Manager stats really don't matter.
You're right. It does make sense to salvage what I can when everything else fails. Looking back at the OP, I now realize that I failed to mention some key aspects of this issue. In my case, it's just that loaning out one of my players crashes the game. Other than that, I don't have any problem with the game play. I can play matches without any problems. Other means of transfers such as buying and selling works fine too. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Also, the reason why I kept pestering about the "careermanagerhubcfg.xml" file was that I thought everyone used to edit it to customize the menus and stuff.
Old 20-09-2016, 05:40:PM   #9
bangus
Starting XI

Quote:
Also, the reason why I kept pestering about the "careermanagerhubcfg.xml" file was that I thought everyone used to edit it to customize the menus and stuff.
Best thread to read about career editing info is beta's career mode thread from 15 or 14.
Old 20-09-2016, 07:48:PM   #10
joebiden10
Club Supporter

Sorry to sound foolish, but if 'beta' is the username of someone, I couldn't find any threads in the FIFA 15 or 14 forums under his name. Could you please be kind enough to point me the right way? Thanks
Old 20-09-2016, 11:07:PM   #11
bangus
Starting XI

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...d.php?t=190644
Old 21-09-2016, 12:28:AM   #12
regularcat
Manager

regularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the roughregularcat is a jewel in the rough
It is beta990.
Old 21-09-2016, 04:26:PM   #13
joebiden10
Club Supporter

Thanks. I'll take my issue over there.