Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum > Team Threads Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2016, 04:43:PM   #40
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Sure it would definitely be worth considering keeping Pogba IF he really wanted to stay at the club and was willing to commit to a bumper and super long new contract but all indications I have heard is that this is not the case - he wants to be a galactico, he wants to go to Real Madrid, he doesn't want to go to man Utd and I think he would certainly be willing to stay at juventus this summer even if it meant losing out on some money from United BUT he will always be eying that Madrid move, so he won't be signing any contracts which lock him down for the rest of his career and his sale value will decline year on year and he doesn't extend and as it becomes clearer that he is holding out for Real who will never pay this kind of money for him. I know he's a big loss but we're taking about 100m, this kind of offer won't come along again, and you'd be mad not to take it

Wrt Higuain, really top class number 9s are now so rare in the world that there are not even enough for every elite club to have one, therefore the alternative is what juve were doing last season and seasons before which is to have an arsenal of three very very good strikers with different skill sets and use them accordingly, not in a pecking order with a 'first choice, second choice, third choice' but in a tactical/selective rotation whereby the right man or men are used for the right game and adjustments are made mid game with substitutions if necessary. Higuain would be a perfect addition to this arsenal alongside Mandzukic and Dybala, but 75m is a lot, actually it's too much, to pay for just one member of a three man unit. If I was them I would be looking at Lukaku or Diego Costa or Milik or whatever who should be available for cheaper.

I also hope this approach to a strike force is the one Chelsea will adopt

Sir Didier Drogba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 07:18:PM   #41
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Don't get me wrong about Dybala, I think he's an amazing player and definitely a future superstar. This is why I just don't understand the Higuain move. In all seriousness, why not just get Morata back for half the price?

With respect to potential future offers for Pogba, they will always be there and they will always go up. Zidane set the transfer record at 29 years old and Higuain turns 28 this summer. The offers will ALWAYS be there and honestly they will probably just go up as more and more money gets pumped into the Premier League and all these top managers get desperate because the competition is so high.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 07:24:PM   #42
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
apparently real rejected 60m offer from Chelsea for morata so he would cost more than half a Higuain.

I think (young) age is becoming ever more important in the transfer market - but the point is not just his aging, it's if he doesn't sign a new contract his value will decrease if it runs into the last couple of years. Like you said, if he wants to stay and signs a new deal with juve then all is gravy, but like I said the impression that I get is that he doesn't want to stay forever and that his reason for staying would be to more easily facilitate a move to Real Madrid in one or two seasons at a lower price which they can afford

Old 26-07-2016, 05:08:AM   #43
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Well, the other thing is that you can recoup a lot of the lost value there from him being on the pitch and his jersey sales, marketing, etc.

Old 26-07-2016, 09:14:AM   #44
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Yeah but you'll also get that from whichever big signings you make with the money. Of course most important is that the money is spent wisely. I don't think we have ever seen an Italian club with an eight figure transfer kitty before - if they can apply the same transfer acumen as in the past but with bigger deals then they could do very well

Old 26-07-2016, 02:09:PM   #45
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of

Buffon playing in goal for a bunch of kids on his holidays. What a guy.

I also remember Lippi told a story about Zidane and I think Davids playing with kids in the streets of Turin, disguised with caps or hoodies.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 04:10:PM   #46
Arnau
NGR LVR

Arnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as Pele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
He's definitely their best player. If they were confident about Dybala they wouldn't be shelling out 100m for Higuain.
Juventus plays with 2 forwards, Higuain makes a lot of sense then. Mandzukic is the one they dont seem to trust at all.
Old 26-07-2016, 04:22:PM   #47
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
I'd like to think Marotta feels the way I did when I pulled the trigger on Jim Juric for 90 million.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 05:08:PM   #48
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Higuain to juventus for 75m is confirmed. It's a lot of money, and an un-Juventus deal. Not sure I like it.

Old 26-07-2016, 05:42:PM   #49
Arnau
NGR LVR

Arnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as Pele
Juventus turned into Italian Bayern
Old 26-07-2016, 06:18:PM   #50
mark77
Transfer Guru

mark77 has a spectacular aura aboutmark77 has a spectacular aura aboutmark77 has a spectacular aura about

mark77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:54:PM   #51
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
!!!!
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 02:12:PM   #52
Nimreitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnau View Post
Juventus turned into Italian Bayern
Bayern don't spend 100m on a player.