Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > SG Players Lounge

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2015, 03:43:AM   #40
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
I think he'll be fine, honestly. He'll never be a superstar but he could well become a serviceable player. He's an athletic freak and those don't grow on trees, teams will always take a flyer on one (Carolina has a guy who played basketball at a bible college on their roster, he hadn't played organized football in years). He will take some time to learn the idiosyncrasies though.

e: BYU has kind of made it their thing to try to convert rugby playing Samoans into college football players. Not sure any have gone pro though.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"

Last edited by Bobby; 17-08-2015 at 03:50:AM.
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 04:58:AM   #41
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
I think he'll be fine, honestly. He'll never be a superstar but he could well become a serviceable player. He's an athletic freak and those don't grow on trees, teams will always take a flyer on one (Carolina has a guy who played basketball at a bible college on their roster, he hadn't played organized football in years). He will take some time to learn the idiosyncrasies though.

e: BYU has kind of made it their thing to try to convert rugby playing Samoans into college football players. Not sure any have gone pro though.
This guy's dad is a Fijian.

There are loads of ok Samoan, Tongan and Fijan Rugby League (and Rugby Union players). This guy really was our best - at least as far as skills that theoretically suit NFL go. Not "just another islander" if that makes sense. Certainly worth the risk. I'm wondering if they'll give him a spot on the roster just so another side can't steal him. He may not be 100% ready to go for the start of the season, but by the end of this season, or start of next, they won't want to have lost him. And from all reports the 49ers are a bit of a project team this year anyway.

Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 01:07:PM   #42
Mus
YELLOW CARD: Untrustworthy

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Mus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Ok. But it seemed to make sense to me - when a defender was well outside his reach, to free his arm up to fend. But you guys are the experts at this game

Rugby League players do it all the time - and dropped ball is just as big a sin in that sport - plus the balls are bigger and rounder, so easier to drop.

It seems very negative to me. I get minimising risk - but there is also a huge potential gain. I also think you rarely find a sportsman that shines by doing the same thing as everyone else.

And in any case, I'm really not sure he did it that much. I've not seen anything negative in the media about it - and I've been trying to avoid Australian media.
That's why I asked

And it was just facebook conjecture
Old 19-08-2015, 02:49:AM   #43
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Is Bleacher Report reliable?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-awards/page/7

Old 22-08-2015, 03:49:AM   #44
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Yes they are, and I've heard something similar from other sources. Looks pretty good. I watched his highlights and he looks pretty good. Few minor issues (too much ball switching in his hands), but overall a potentially solid player. He'll make the team and return kicks at the very least. Was totally hung out to dry by his QB on that drop/fumble; not a fair pass for him to get.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2015, 05:33:AM   #45
Alex
sKIp_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
Yes they are, and I've heard something similar from other sources. Looks pretty good. I watched his highlights and he looks pretty good. Few minor issues (too much ball switching in his hands), but overall a potentially solid player. He'll make the team and return kicks at the very least. Was totally hung out to dry by his QB on that drop/fumble; not a fair pass for him to get.
Yep. Hospital pass for sure. Do you guys use that term?

Old 23-08-2015, 08:50:AM   #46
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Not in football, but in soccer yes, so I understand what you mean.

Old 23-08-2015, 09:24:PM   #47
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
Cam looks like shit this preseason. He usually does this time of year, but man he was awful at times last night.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 02:19:AM   #48
Alex
sKIp_E

Hayne looking an absolute star on the punt return again, from all reports?

Old 24-08-2015, 03:03:AM   #49
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

No one else is following an obscure Aussie punt returner who gets 5 touches per game.

Old 24-08-2015, 03:18:AM   #50
Alex
sKIp_E

Quote:
No one else is following an obscure Aussie punt returner who gets 5 touches per game.
No one else? That's just plain wrong...obviously he has a huge following in Au, but he's trending across the US too. But that's ok, I'm used to Americans dismissing him...First he was no chance at the squad. Now it's "he'll hardly play"...

45 yards of rushing so far this game (in only his second ever game of American Football)

Averaging 28 yards from 3 punt returns today. 21 yards per return for the preseason so far.

"obscure" indeed.

"Jarryd Hayne" is third highest trend on twitter in the Bay Area over the past hour.

Old 24-08-2015, 03:42:AM   #51
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

I'm not dismissing him, I just don't care. This is a thread for the 2 most popular sports in the country and it's full of Jarryd Hayne posts.

Old 24-08-2015, 04:04:AM   #52
Alex
sKIp_E

Quote:
I'm not dismissing him, I just don't care. This is a thread for the 2 most popular sports in the country and it's full of Jarryd Hayne posts.
Because he plays one of those two most popular sports...And is generating huge interest in San Francisco and Australia, plus a cult following in parts of the US