Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 14 Forum > FIFA 14 Editing Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 23-09-2013, 08:42:PM   #14
dissectionalone
Senior Squad

dissectionalone has a spectacular aura aboutdissectionalone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaFeR View Post
The limit in the compobj is because the option of "Create Tournament". It seems that these ingame option adds the lines to compobj to make this tournament playable.
Makes sense. And somehow when people download content made on creation center the game probably adds the "code" of that content to the texts... Could pave the way for some sort of tool to help those who are unfamiliar to the compdata texts
dissectionalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 12:31:AM   #15
jschuck12001
Senior Squad

jschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nice
Quote:
The limit in the compobj is because the option of "Create Tournament". It seems that these ingame option adds the lines to compobj to make this tournament playable.
The biggest tourney you can create in-game is only 32 teams and that doesn't take many lines on the compobj so even if "Create Tournament" is eating into the compobj limit its not the real problem, the limitation itself needs to be broken somehow and maybe Rinaldo can do it now that he is back.
jschuck12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 03:11:AM   #16
NaFeR
Reserve Team

NaFeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NaFeR Send a message via Yahoo to NaFeR
No, bro. The biggest tournament that you can create with "Create Tournament" option is for 64 teams, with group stage and then knockout stage. I think that a tournament with this setup can ocupy the line codes between 1620 to 1710, so here you got the limit of compobj in FIFA 13.

You can try this: add a league in a clean compdata, then go to game and try to create a tournament with 64 teams. The game will crash, because the compdata will reach the limit.

In FIFA 14 compdata, I saw that the compobj reach to 1710 line code, so the limit this year will be around 1800.
Old 24-09-2013, 07:04:AM   #17
willams9991
Youth Team

willams9991 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to willams9991 Send a message via Skype™ to willams9991
a

Last edited by willams9991; 26-09-2013 at 08:09:PM.
willams9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 08:00:AM   #18
jschuck12001
Senior Squad

jschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nicejschuck12001 is just really nice
Quote:
No, bro. The biggest tournament that you can create with "Create Tournament" option is for 64 teams, with group stage and then knockout stage. I think that a tournament with this setup can ocupy the line codes between 1620 to 1710, so here you got the limit of compobj in FIFA 13.

You can try this: add a league in a clean compdata, then go to game and try to create a tournament with 64 teams. The game will crash, because the compdata will reach the limit.

In FIFA 14 compdata, I saw that the compobj reach to 1710 line code, so the limit this year will be around 1800.
I see what your saying, but that limit (17??) has been the same for a couple years now. Me and Reg found it when working on the FIFA Argentina patch for FIFA 12, the last compobj line that year was like 1410 so there was about 300 extra compobj lines in FIFA 2012 including those that would be used by create a tournament. Solving the fact that create a tournament takes up compobj space may be a answer for small patches but for example if your adding the rest of CONCACAF or CONMEBOL along with the real tournaments and real structure then we need to hope they extended the limit so we have room like we did in FIFA 2012.

Last edited by jschuck12001; 24-09-2013 at 08:48:AM.
Old 24-09-2013, 06:16:PM   #19
vishal_india
Youth Team

vishal_india is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to vishal_india
happy to know that Rinaldo is back and is working on CM14
vishal_india is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 02:07:AM   #20
NaFeR
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by willams9991 View Post
SEE WHAT able, WHAT THINK, ANY TIPS?
First, this is not the place to post this. Second, you have made lot of mistakes in your compdata and also, some tournaments are just a copy of my compdata for Fifa-Argentina patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuck12001 View Post
I see what your saying, but that limit (17??) has been the same for a couple years now. Me and Reg found it when working on the FIFA Argentina patch for FIFA 12, the last compobj line that year was like 1410 so there was about 300 extra compobj lines in FIFA 2012 including those that would be used by create a tournament. Solving the fact that create a tournament takes up compobj space may be a answer for small patches but for example if your adding the rest of CONCACAF or CONMEBOL along with the real tournaments and real structure then we need to hope they extended the limit so we have room like we did in FIFA 2012.
Ah, I didn't know that. So, it seems that is possible to modify the limit, because EA did that for FIFA 14 compobj.

PD: What about international tournaments? Supposedly, in the Moddingway Mod they have edited the compdata in order to make full continental cups and qualification to world cup. But they keep their mouths closed, as usual.
Old 25-09-2013, 05:55:AM   #21
jschuck12001
Senior Squad

Quote:
First, this is not the place to post this. Second, you have made lot of mistakes in your compdata and also, some tournaments are just a copy of my compdata for Fifa-Argentina patch.

Ah, I didn't know that. So, it seems that is possible to modify the limit, because EA did that for FIFA 14 compobj.

PD: What about international tournaments? Supposedly, in the Moddingway Mod they have edited the compdata in order to make full continental cups and qualification to world cup. But they keep their mouths closed, as usual.
I download a couple of the last releases of the Moddingway patches last year and looked through all their tables to see if they actually did anything with the compdata. The edits in those patches are very simplistic, no offense to them.

I doubt very seriously they will get full world cup qualifying into the game, I don't think anyone over there actually knows how to really edit the compdata but I already did the work for them, all they need to do is copy my data from my Road to the World Cup patch tables and renumber it.

Last edited by jschuck12001; 25-09-2013 at 06:00:AM.
Old 25-09-2013, 03:34:PM   #22
dissectionalone
Senior Squad

dissectionalone has a spectacular aura aboutdissectionalone has a spectacular aura about
Aside from the line limit what makes me curious about the compdata tables is what possible changes (if any) they might have added as far as instructions and tourney format options regarding the previous fifa's in order to attempt duplicating some competitions' formats... make them a bit more lifelike... For instance, an impossible feat: The first stage of the Copa do Brasil where the rules determine that if one team has a 2 goal or higher difference in the first leg, then there's no need for a second leg, that kind of stuff
dissectionalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 10:44:PM   #23
willams9991
Youth Team

willams9991 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to willams9991 Send a message via Skype™ to willams9991
Quote:
You are totally wrong 100% wrong, I posted here for you're to help me because if I have some mistakes, I warn you I did not copied anything in your patch, I launched a beta version, long before your patch, if you want you can verify, I hate when people say things without
prove!
I'm sorry if I offended you in some time, but you made ​​a false statement, tell me what I copied his compdata say which were the tops, do not want to create enemies, but friends only

Last edited by willams9991; 25-09-2013 at 10:56:PM.
willams9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 01:40:AM   #24
NaFeR
Reserve Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissectionalone View Post
Aside from the line limit what makes me curious about the compdata tables is what possible changes (if any) they might have added as far as instructions and tourney format options regarding the previous fifa's in order to attempt duplicating some competitions' formats... make them a bit more lifelike... For instance, an impossible feat: The first stage of the Copa do Brasil where the rules determine that if one team has a 2 goal or higher difference in the first leg, then there's no need for a second leg, that kind of stuff
That's right. Also, there are some line codes in settings.txt that are not applicable for created tournament. I've tried to use the advance_maxteamsassoc in Copa Libertadores, but the game crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willams9991 View Post
You are totally wrong 100% wrong, I posted here for you're to help me because if I have some mistakes, I warn you I did not copied anything in your patch, I launched a beta version, long before your patch, if you want you can verify, I hate when people say things without
prove!
I'm sorry if I offended you in some time, but you made ​​a false statement, tell me what I copied his compdata say which were the tops, do not want to create enemies, but friends only
I don't understand you, sorry.
Old 26-09-2013, 12:17:PM   #25
jschuck12001
Senior Squad

Quote:
I've tried to use the advance_maxteamsassoc in Copa Libertadores, but the game crashes.
I've had the same issues with that text, if you use it with the exact format of the default champions league structure then it works but other than that I can never get it to work and I really don't even know what it does anyway.
Old 26-09-2013, 05:07:PM   #26
NaFeR
Reserve Team

The compobj limit is the same of the last year, 1710. But this year, all competitions by default reaches 1710 line code, so we have a problem here.