Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > FIFA 13 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.65 average. Display Modes
Old 17-04-2013, 10:46:PM   #14
Waldo1639
Senior Squad

Waldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to beholdWaldo1639 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangus View Post
You assume Konami will release their new-gen game for the PC. I wouldn't be so sure about that, they may only release it for consoles. The PC version for 2013-14 could well be just an updated version of last year's game.
That would be very unwise move from KONAMI.
Old 18-04-2013, 03:59:PM   #15
Astristul
Reserve Team

Astristul is on a distinguished road
The only thing important would be the addition of new leagues from new countries. Oh, and a proper editing tool, like FIFA Manager has, but maybe that's too much for them.

Download RLSP FIFAM 10!
Astristul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 01:49:AM   #16
Sepak
Cocaine

Sepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond repute
you can count that EA won't release the next-gen version for pc
http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/17/423...s3-xbox-360-pc
Sepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 03:56:AM   #17
AmfdCrossB
Senior Squad

AmfdCrossB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepak View Post
you can count that EA won't release the next-gen version for pc
http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/17/423...s3-xbox-360-pc
why did you say that? i think EA is very happy with PC platform just looking how many money this PC (origin) give to them.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...m-pc-than-ps3/
AmfdCrossB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 05:25:AM   #18
Sepak
Cocaine

Sepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond reputeSepak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmfdCrossB View Post
why did you say that? i think EA is very happy with PC platform just looking how many money this PC (origin) give to them.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...m-pc-than-ps3/
They said they're going to release xbox360/PS3/PC versions at the same time, so they're going to be the same, so I hardly believe they make the next-gen version too, you know, EA is kinda lazy. Probably fifa 15 will be, or fifa 19 maybe.
Sepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 08:38:AM   #19
AmfdCrossB
Senior Squad

AmfdCrossB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They said they're going to release xbox360/PS3/PC versions at the same time, so they're going to be the same, so I hardly believe they make the next-gen version too, you know, EA is kinda lazy. Probably fifa 15 will be, or fifa 19 maybe.
but i can't understand what is your point bro? you mean about the new consoles port (PS4)?
AmfdCrossB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 12:55:PM   #20
Astristul
Reserve Team

Astristul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmfdCrossB View Post
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/361110/ea-is-making-more-from-pc-than-ps3/
Of course they make more money from the PC version. The PC version is the most customizable version of the game. And another reason is that people rather buy a PC than a game console. At least in my country, that's happening.

Quote:
My thought is that FIFA 15 will be next-gen!

Download RLSP FIFAM 10!

Last edited by Astristul; 19-04-2013 at 12:57:PM.
Astristul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 01:09:PM   #21
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astristul View Post
Of course they make more money from the PC version. The PC version is the most customizable version of the game. And another reason is that people rather buy a PC than a game console. At least in my country, that's happening.
I would bet that console sales of FIFA outnumber PC sales by 20 to 1 at least. So no, EA would make much more money on the console version than the PC version.

EDIT: VGChart FIFA 13 sales:

PS3: Global sales = 6,290,000
360: Global sales = 4,750,000
PC: Global sales = 270,000

That's a 40 to 1 difference between console and PC sales, not even taking into account in other consoles (Wii etc).

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fifa+13

Last edited by bangus; 19-04-2013 at 01:37:PM.
bangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 01:26:PM   #22
bangus
Starting XI

bangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nicebangus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astristul View Post
My thought is that FIFA 15 will be next-gen!
Looks like they are waiting until next year, yes. Whereas Konami has already released next-gen info about PES 2014. This won't hurt EA though, they're so far ahead in the sales war with Konami that they can wait until next year.
Old 19-04-2013, 03:19:PM   #23
Rabzyxor
Youth Team

Rabzyxor is on a distinguished road
Its about milking the cow till its old, (nobody buys a new car year after year). I know EA can, but they won`t. The B.O.D`s and shareholders come first, then us. They are doing this for a long long time, they are professionals who get paid to do so. It`ll be an incremental change like last year, just hope a little more than last. Yes, most likely Fifa 15 will be nextgen, can`t say the same for Fifa World Cup. They piss on the modding community every year with the limitations (hence the term professionals). Anyways, it makes sense to improve the game engine every year, rather than coming up with a brand new engine with a lot of bugs, plus I wrote a letter to EA so that I could save some money for my upgrade for Fifa 15 nextgen with Frostbite 3, 3d crowds with 3d flares and 3d bottles, with real blood effects its gonna be awesome, can`t wait.
Rabzyxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 04:40:PM   #24
Ashwi
Club Supporter

Ashwi is on a distinguished road
great 14 news not at all
Ashwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 04:49:PM   #25
bangus
Starting XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabzyxor View Post
Anyways, it makes sense to improve the game engine every year, rather than coming up with a brand new engine with a lot of bugs
Sooo... you work for EA's Marketing and Spin dept., is that what you're saying?
Old 19-04-2013, 08:08:PM   #26
DREAMZZ
Club Supporter

DREAMZZ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangus View Post
I would bet that console sales of FIFA outnumber PC sales by 20 to 1 at least. So no, EA would make much more money on the console version than the PC version.

EDIT: VGChart FIFA 13 sales:

PS3: Global sales = 6,290,000
360: Global sales = 4,750,000
PC: Global sales = 270,000

That's a 40 to 1 difference between console and PC sales, not even taking into account in other consoles (Wii etc).

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fifa+13
Wow had no idea the game sold so little on PC.. I hope to god we don't get stuck in that situation like 07-10 when they were releasing ps2 ports on PC and next-gen versions on 360 and PS3, that would suck so much, especially when some of us have PCs that are stronger than a PS4.
DREAMZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa 14