Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 2.66 average. Display Modes
Old 15-03-2013, 06:42:PM   #40
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I think it's awesome you guys chose Germany. Did you end up downloading extra German leagues or did you play with the original? What league level is that you're in now?

The Stuttgart 2 thing is hilarious, I like it when weird stuff like that happens in FM.

I predict the team promotes next year because of having 1 extra year of experience together (the players).

Nim, how did the diagonal DM/MC combo work? Sometimes when I do asymmetric like that it creates a lot of holes in defence. I find something like that suitable to having a counter attack tactic however.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 06:47:PM   #41
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I've been using the MCL-DMCL thing in all my games for awhile. I used it in my Schalke game and was comfortable with it enough to keep it at Lubeck. I just think the midfielders are in better positions on defense than if I were to put them in a vertical line, and it makes it easier for them to find some space in the midfield than if they were in a vertical line. Sometimes I wish my DMC would be more central, but I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

I played pretty direct this year though, just because they players are so relatively bad. It's kind of hilarious to go from my Schalke game to Lubeck, because the game is soooo slow and the players make such bad passes and decisions.

I also had to tell my GK to just kick it long to the striker because he was giving up too many goals trying to pass to the CBs, who would then lose the ball immediately, or not even beat the opposing striker to the ball. Route 1 long ball would be VERY effective at this level, incidentally. Defenders almost don't want to head the ball.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Last edited by Nimreitz; 15-03-2013 at 06:50:PM.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 06:58:PM   #42
yoyo913

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
You could try a centred DM and a right-centre MC. Probably better in defence but a little worse in offence so you'd have to weigh it out.
Old 15-03-2013, 07:34:PM   #43
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
What to do with the AMC then? Put him off center as well? Or just use the MC to overload the other team's worst side?

Old 15-03-2013, 09:28:PM   #44
yoyo913

Amc centered. I works good if you have an AMC. It would be unbalanced only in the MC position (one only on right-center/ or left-center). It actually doesn't work that bad, just slightly more freedom for the opposing MC which isn't covered, but not as much as the space created in your tactic (IMO).

There was a big tactic in FM11 or 12 that had that formation and got a lot of hype on the SI forums. Except I think it used MR/ML instead of AMR/AML. I would actually use MR/ML if you plan to use this but I know you have an advanced winger fetish . German boy.
Old 15-03-2013, 10:26:PM   #45
Nimreitz

If there's only 1 striker, I feel the wingers have to be advanced. It's more Dutch than anything. With 2 strikers, I use ML/MR. I've actually been kicking around in my head something like this

Last edited by Nimreitz; 15-03-2013 at 10:29:PM.
Old 15-03-2013, 10:38:PM   #46
yoyo913

Fm nightmare.
Old 16-03-2013, 10:37:PM   #47
Nimreitz

Will one of you clowns start playing already?

Old 17-03-2013, 12:22:AM   #48
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I'm contemplating buying the game, but it's probably best if I wouldn't take over until I get the hang of it.
Back Door Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 09:16:AM   #49
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
If no one else picks the game up in the coming days I'll start another season this week.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 01:03:PM   #50
ARIAGA II
whore

ARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud of
I'll take this...
ARIAGA II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 01:06:PM   #51
Nimreitz

YEAH!!

First time in the succession game?

Old 17-03-2013, 01:13:PM   #52
ARIAGA II
whore

ARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud ofARIAGA II has much to be proud of
I sorta did the Tijuana one but I lost half my screens and stuff when my computer crashed.. I think I might enjoy this one more and there is a relatively big signing we might be able to make!
ARIAGA II is offline   Reply With Quote