Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average. Display Modes
Old 30-07-2016, 06:07:PM   #92
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
I saw this for the first time in a pretty regular Juve save.

A stadium in construction. And palm trees in Turin.

Recently I've been thinking of starting a new save with two managers. I'd manage two clubs of similar stature, but with different philosophies. I also like the durable rivalry it would create, although I'm not sure how it'd feel to be my own worst enemy. I think it could be interesting. Any suggestions for clubs/countries?

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 07:33:PM   #93
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
That's really interesting. So you would control the substitutions of both teams when playing? I feel like you'd naturally start to favor one team, but it's an outstanding concept. Fit for a story on one of the big FM Story boards if they exist anymore, which I'm not sure they do.

I see it that you need a possession club and a counter attack club, and even better if one of them develops its own players and one of them buys its own players. Sporting/Benfica and Ajax/PSV could be okay. PSG/Lyon maybe. You could also try out a derby like Red Star/Partizan, Lazio/Roma, Bilbao/Sociedad.

Sporting/Benfica would be pretty cool because it's got all the factors plus there's Porto in there that could put you under the threat of getting fired if they were to win the league. Benfica starts out at a pretty big advantage though, maybe Porto/Benfica would be better.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:54:PM   #94
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
I've never played a match as both managers before, but I think I'd be able to control both sides.

I like your suggestions, especially Bilbao/Sociedad. I also thought of Tenerife/Las Palmas, I like the island vs. island rivalry. I definitely agree with the home grown vs. buying players and possession vs. counter attack philosophies. It'll take some time to develop both. I may add a sugar daddy for one and a 20 for youth recruitment and youth facilities for the other.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:42:PM   #95
Juventino
Manager

I'm playing as Athletic for the first time and it's fun. Not so much for the long term challenge of the all-Basque team policy that drew me to this save game initially, but the success of the strikerless tactic I found on FM Base. Credit where it's due. It's the first time I'm using one and it's damn entertaining football. Old man star striker Aduriz is marginalized, but this team is perfect for it. It's still the first season and I'm already challenging for a championship, I'm in the Copa del Rey final and the KO stages of the Europa League will start soon.

This might be my biggest upset in FM, ever:

I also beat Barcelona four times this season: 5-2, 5-3, 2-0, 3-1.

My usual line-up:

Last edited by Juventino; 11-01-2017 at 09:52:PM.
Old 13-01-2017, 01:49:AM   #96
Juventino
Manager

Lost the title on goal difference.

Cruel. Perhaps winning the title in my first season in charge would've been too soon...

... but man, so close.

I did end up winning the Copa del Rey versus Atletico. At least some silverware to show for this amazing season. Man Utd knocked me out of the Europa League in the 2nd KO round.

Old 14-01-2017, 10:09:PM   #97
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I'm also using an FM Base tactic at the moment. Went online looking because I've had such bad luck in Europe with Ajax. In my 5th season now and never made it past the first knockout stage.

Old 14-01-2017, 11:31:PM   #98
Juventino
Manager

I'd be curious to see your Ajax team, especially to see which youth players made it.

In the summer of 2017 Laporte, San Josť and my starting goalkeeper Kepa were all unhappy. Big European teams were trying to get into their minds all season long and it worked. They didn't want to extend their contracts with me. Chelsea activated Laporte's 65M release clause, Everton activated Kepa's 18M clause and Juve stole San Josť one hour before the transfer deadline on August 31st for 35M. Major bummer.

Laporte's sale did enable me to buy Mikel Merino from Dortmund for 40M. He was on loan in the first season, great young player. I also signed Ander Herrera for 50M. The transfer sums are massive, but these are the only major signings I'm able to make for now. Griezmann, Javi Martinez, Azpilicueta, Inigo Martinez, etc. won't consider Athletic anytime soon, I suspect.

Anyway, my defense is depleted. Etxeita is decent, but all my other CB's are Segunda Division quality. I'm trying to mold full back Boveda into a CB, I saw he plays there in real life as well. I also got some decent players in the youth set-up, but their development will take a few more years.

Old 15-01-2017, 01:46:AM   #99
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventino View Post
I'd be curious to see your Ajax team, especially to see which youth players made it.
The only ones still with me who have cracked the first team are Donny van de Beek and Kasper Dolberg. Onana has been my backup for the entire time (maybe had 1 year as the starter) and Noa Lang is getting his chance with the first team this year, but just not good enough. Frenkie de Jong is still around, although not playing much, as is Antonucci.

E: Nouri is still around too, but just a fringe player.

Some guys that I thought were good, but was forced to sell for one reason or another:

Zeefuik
Klaasen
Bazoer
Veltman
Ziyech
Sanchez

Old 15-01-2017, 02:01:PM   #100
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Is Nouri still the wonderkid he was in FM16 (he should be)? If so, keep an eye out for him. Matthijs de Ligt also.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 09:52:PM   #101
Juventino
Manager

Is Justin Kluivert in the game? (Patrick's son) He made his debut for Ajax today. He's only 17.

Old 20-01-2017, 12:10:AM   #102
Juventino
Manager

Athletic Club: Campeones!

Could've won 100 points, but I won La Liga with 5 games to go and I rested some of my stars. Ridiculous season. In January I managed to sign GK Ruffier and Inter-flop CB Aritz Elustondo. My Segunda defense was actually doing well, but depth is always nice.

In the CL Juve knocked me out in the first knockout round. I won the first game 4-1, but they beat me 6-0 at Juventus Stadium. That may have been one of my worst games ever. Very disappointing.

Old 22-01-2017, 01:56:AM   #103
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatan View Post
Is Nouri still the wonderkid he was in FM16 (he should be)? If so, keep an eye out for him. Matthijs de Ligt also.
Not really. He's had a lot of injuries for me and always good for a free kick and some clutch goals at the end of games, but hasn't really developed.

de Ligt is a solid defender; one of the best in the Eredivisie, but just wasn't good enough for me trying to challenge in the CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventino View Post
Is Justin Kluivert in the game? (Patrick's son) He made his debut for Ajax today. He's only 17.
He is, but been out on loan for me just about every season and hasn't developed. I gave him his debut in my first season out of necessity and because I thought he would really be one for the future, but hasn't done anything.

AMAZING job with Athletic! I never did manage to win the league when I played as them, and I think after making the CL QFs one year, the next season I finished 7th and was sacked after 6-7 years at the club.

The best feeling is when Sociedad sells someone good, because that means you'll have a chance to buy them in a year. I know that's how I eventually landed Griezmann, but this was awhile ago and he wasn't the superstar he is now.

Old 22-01-2017, 11:08:PM   #104
Juventino
Manager

Yes, I remember your Athletic game! I was afraid I couldn't compete for a title at first, but Barca and Real Madrid proved to be very beatable, while still providing a continuous challenge. Spain might be my favorite league to manage in for that reason. I also had a 15 season game with Granada a few versions ago and the competition never bored me.

I'd really love Oyerzabal from Sociedad, he'd be a great replacement for the aging Raul Garcia, but indeed no chance to sign any players from them directly. Sociedad's Aritz Elustondo went to Inter, flopped, and I was then able to sign him. He's a decent addition. There was another player (I think right midfielder Hervias) released by Sociedad and he still didn't want to sign for me. I love the hate.

Griezmann was signed by Man City for 100M and might be in the top 3 players in the world right now. Unless I do something special in the CL he won't be interested for at least a few more seasons I think. Dream signing.

Mikel San Jose disappointed at Juve and I managed to sign him back. One of the few times I'm resigning a player, I was even reluctant for that reason at first. I was a bit sour about the way he left, one hour before the transfer deadline. Plus I won La Liga without him. But my defense desperately needed improvement if I want to play a meaningful role in the CL.

There's a lot of bitching of players wanting to leave, especially De Marcos, Williams, Muniain. But those fuckers ain't leavin' if clubs don't want to cough up their release clause.

Last edited by Juventino; 22-01-2017 at 11:12:PM.