Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 10:11:PM   #14
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
In that case you should definitely get this guy.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:45:PM   #15
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Haha, definitely.

Judging what's entertaining on FM is a good point, Nim. The 3D match engine isn't very spectacular, especially for spectacular individual skill (there are exceptions: great passes, goals, team play, etc.), so that will be interesting. I'm looking for some drama off the field aswell.

The frustrating part is that I have players in mind I used to have on other games. I had this left winger from Mozambique at Dukla, Henrique Junior, who was a total hoot. Didn't play a very meaningful role because I wanted to win sh*t and he had Walter Cortez in front of him, but he would be star for my Maritimo Funchal. Very eccentric, flair, bad discipline, etc. Eventually he became a star at Sporting Portugal.

I also downloaded the leagues from American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu. Hopefully a few gems will come from these countries for Maritimo Funchal. We'll keep a close eye on these players, especially from the beaches of Fiji.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:50:PM   #16
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Marítimo Funchal is SO weird.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:09:PM   #17
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Intentionally!

Okay, maybe not. I won't say it again.

Old 21-04-2012, 11:17:PM   #18
Juventino
Manager

I can't get into this game at all, which frustrates me, so I decided to have a go with Barca just to cruise through a couple of seasons for the first time this version of the game...

I start the game... win games, naturally... I'm having a classic good time... The team is scoring beautiful goals... Messi breaks his ankle and is out for months and months (without having saved the game for a pretty long time).

I have terrible karma with FM12.

Old 22-04-2012, 07:16:AM   #19
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Just from playing in Spain for several seasons, I think David Villa should be more than capable of picking up the slack of injured Messi. The dude hit like 40 league goals one year, which is possible in real life for CR7, but incredible in FM.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 10:42:AM   #20
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
Yeah, when I played with Atletico Madrid in FM 2011 Villa had such a season too. Pretty annoying too.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:20:PM   #21
Juventino
Manager

Because Copenhagen has a port and I once had a summer fling from Copenhagen I thought I could use this thread for my Copenhagen tales.

I executed my Champions League game plan to perfection. Win at home vs. Salzburg and Olympiakos, at least draw them away from home and nevermind about Madrid.

1/8 Finals, nice one! I already equalled my best Champions League performance with Granada, hehe.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:37:PM   #22
Juventino
Manager

I lost out on Bashkim Kadrii and Rasmus Falk in the winter transfer window. They were both transfer listed by request but I didn't have funds to sign them. They signed for Wigan and Reading instead. The cash is flowing in because of our good Champions League campaign, yet the transfer budget and wage budget remain untouched until at least the next season. Stupid.

FC Porto will be our opponent in the 1/8 Finals of the CL. Like with Dukla in the Czech Republic the winter break in Denmark lasts until March, but I never really thought that was a disadvantage to match rhytmn, etc.

I did manage to fit in this guy in our wage budget: Josef Husbauer from Sparta Prague. he'll arrive on a free transfer next season.

Fun fact: Husbauer started on midfield for Dukla Praha in the 2019 UEFA Champions League final against AS Roma in Juventus Stadium. This was the final of Akif Kara's legendary hattrick and Dukla's first Champions League triumph. The match finished 3-2. Welcome Josef!

Old 08-03-2013, 07:11:PM   #23
Juventino
Manager

Porto pretty much dominated both games entirely. Hardly got a decent shot on goal in either game. Can't expect my blondies to handle Los Granadinos campeones maker James Rodriguez yet, although they did do a good job defending.

I won the Superliga with quite some ease.

That's seven out of the last ten championships for Copenhagen. Grrrrreat.

Anyway, when the CL ended I only got little over 5 million euros in tv revenue. I expected that number to be higher. This is the faith of a small country I suppose. Still sad about missing out on Kadrii and the other guy from Odense (I'll call him blondie), but hopefully I'll still be able to strengthen the starting XI for next year's CL campaign. I'll enter the competition in the group stage this time, so that helps.

Last edited by Juventino; 08-03-2013 at 07:19:PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:19:PM   #24
Juventino
Manager

I updated the first post. I'm going to limit myself to the port cities motif, but not in a single save. For save games outside of port cities I shall use other outlets.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:07:AM   #25
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
But just about every major city is a port! Even London to some extent.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:28:AM   #26
Juventino
Manager

Haha yeah, I realized that when I was considering my options. I guess I'm limited to those big cities, but not every big or interesting team is in a major port city though. For example, I still wouldn't be able to manage Juventus, Milan/Inter, Bayern, Real Madrid or Dukla Prague with this 'motif'. The options are quite limited in the major leagues if you think about it. In Italy it'd be Genoa/Sampdoria, Napoli and some Serie B clubs. In Germany I'm thinking Werder Bremen and HSV. In Spain there are plenty of options, as for England (HULL!!!). We'll see where it goes, most of my threads were dedicated to one save game, so it's good I have lots of ways to go with this one!

Last edited by Juventino; 09-03-2013 at 12:38:AM.