Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.74 average. Display Modes
Old 19-12-2011, 10:45:PM   #53
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
How is that possible? Alex, you didn't increase the league's rep or something did you?

Although maybe it being the only playable league had an effect. Which would suck, really.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 11:02:PM   #54
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz

Alright, maybe I won't get sacked.

Sorry, there are the fixtures for October/November. To be honest I haven't played nearly that well IMO, and was surprised when I saw that record.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Last edited by Nimreitz; 19-12-2011 at 11:55:PM.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 12:56:AM   #55
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Winter signings!

I think the last guy could be really special. You might be thinking, "you won't be able to play all of your best players at once because of foreigner limits". Yup. I had like 75m to spend this year, so **** it.

Last edited by Nimreitz; 20-12-2011 at 12:59:AM.
Old 20-12-2011, 01:57:AM   #56
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

More talent to Russia:

Old 20-12-2011, 02:09:AM   #57
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
How is that possible? Alex, you didn't increase the league's rep or something did you?

Although maybe it being the only playable league had an effect. Which would suck, really.
No, but (as I said in the discussion thread) I made some of the other Russian sides have sugar daddy chairmen as well...Usually only background sugar daddy, not foreground like ours. But it will still give them money to spend. The bigger sides would have already had decent rep, but I didn't raise it at all (in fact I think I lowered them ever so slightly to try and counter against the money they would now have).

Obviously the idea is that it makes it harder to get to the top, and the whole league can increase together - instead of just us improving, and the rest of our league becoming crappy. With only two tiers, it could have been a pretty quick game!

Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 02:23:AM   #58
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Yeah, I actually don't mind it. Guys like Dzsudzszak have budged for Russian money in real life, although I'm not sure he's on the same level of potential as Pjanic and Hazard.

Makes for an interesting game.

Interesting signings by the way, all from former Soviet nations.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 02:41:AM   #59
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

I think it would have been more interesting to give a couple lower league Russian teams a deal like we have, but keep the top clubs about the same. I mean, the Moscow clubs are pretty rich anyway, and Anji has a sugar daddy. I'd like to see like Sibr have some gas sugar daddy or something.

Old 20-12-2011, 04:23:AM   #60
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
You can still do that, right? I like that idea.

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 04:35:AM   #61
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Yeah, I just didn't want to change things too much. And I like the idea of the big clubs being proper European forces. Also thought that this way the premier league can strengthen above us...I think after a few seasons we should turn them off too (like with us). Zenit, CSKA, Spartak etc are big clubs who already have, or are likely to get billionaire owners (especially if the Russian League starts getting some European success).

Also if we made loads of lower sides get a sugar daddy, we could be sacked loads of times before progressing anywhere. And it could also end up with loads of crappy little clubs getting bigger, but the big cubs just staying the same. Meaning the league could be full of decent, but not brilliant sides.

In ten years I'd love to see Russia having few sides in the knock phases in Europe. Especially if it's those big famous Russian names

Old 20-12-2011, 04:39:AM   #62
Alex
sKIp_E

We definitely can still add sugar daddy to some (1 or 2 max I think) lower sides. Think we should look at sides in good locations for it if we do though

I think sugar daddy at any of the clubs is something to keep an eye on though. If the big clubs become too big too quickly, and just keep on spending stupid money, season after season, than we should possibly turn it off, just leave them as a big club with lots of money (so they aren't allowed to spend it all every year).

Old 20-12-2011, 06:28:AM   #63
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Alright, season is over, pretty good showing actually. The team really became unbeatable when it got healthy.

Also, here is my favorite match of the year, and of course the best individual performance.

To make it realistic I'm picturing a hail of bananas raining down on him after the 4th goal. Russia, after all.

And finally, the end of the year awards:

Think it's kind of cool that Mputu and Traore split the Player of the Year Awards, because they were definitely the two best players in the league and their average ratings were really close.

I've grown attached to Tresor Mtupu and he has really thrived in on the right wing, please don't sell him. Aside from him and Lacina, I'm not really going to fight to keep anyone. Mier is good, but probably around the same ability as the Russian kid I brought in during the winter; however he might be useful as a left back, I don't know. The next person will have to spend a LOT of money to get competitive IMO. I'd say only Mtupu and Traore are the only ones good enough to play for a team in Europe. Have fun.

Last edited by Nimreitz; 20-12-2011 at 06:44:AM.
Old 20-12-2011, 08:55:AM   #64
Alex
sKIp_E

Juve, I guess you're free to jump in. I'm not ready to play this yet. Just keep an eye on how much the big Russian clubs are spending (and performing). And if they're going too well too quickly, we'll turn sugar daddy off.

Old 20-12-2011, 01:42:PM   #65
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Me neither, I'd appreciate if managers gave some ideas on how they're playing and who they're playing and how they're doing, doesn't have to be in detail. Just so the next manager has a good idea on what to expect.

Anyway, good job Nimi, blasted through that in no time, good work.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote