This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 31-12-2011, 06:55:AM   #40
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Wow, this is how that game ended. Crazy.

I'm going to post some recent transfers and fixtures later on.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 07:05:AM   #41
yoyo913

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Since it's a DL tactic it's not the same as winning with your own but it does give you a little comfort knowing you have a good set-up. Its also easy for me to play my young players because expectations aren't high, I've inserted my young high potential Senegalese CB in the first XI.

Here have been the results with the new tactic, even with the loses the performances have been good.

It seems to rely on smart passing and possession. The front four also position themselves nicely to receive through balls (something peculiar about the tactic is that none of the four attackers have forward runs often, 3 are sometime, 1 rarely).

I've signed 5 nice players on frees for next season, I'll post them when they arrive. This transfer season I brought in this guy:

He's at the African Cup of Nations but when he returns I'll be looking to start him.
Old 31-12-2011, 02:37:PM   #42
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
Yeah, I signed Labyad on a free in the first season, and he looked good, but I just sent him out on loan for 3-4 seaons and then sold him to PSG for 10m where he was a starter. Never established himself at Morocco, which was surprising.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:01:PM   #43
yoyo913

Finished the first season, got 6th place, 3 points short of qualifying for Europe. Roma got the last spot due to winning the Copa Italia.

I've already started next season and made all my sales/buys. I sold Mutu, Malonga, and Parolo, 3 of my first team-ers. I got nice money from Malonga and Parolo and I sold Mutu because he was old and had a high salary. I bought a lot of players with nice potential and filled out the squad with free transfers.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:16:PM   #44
yoyo913

Transfers

In/Out (out total is 21M)

The reason I have so many players out on loan/frees is because Italian teams love to have a huge squad in the reserves that they loan-out/co-own... they are still under contract so I'm looking to get rid of them. Also some players I got for free because I co-owned them and won the bid (sometimes even with 0$). I will look to stay away from co-own deals in the future.

This guys is going to be my first choice GK for this season. He is good but not great, after giving him first team action I might be able to sell him for a decent fee next year and buy someone better. He came on a free. BTW he's a FM legend, always been a good GK to buy over the years.

My first team DM, gotten on a free. Only attribute I don't like is decisions.

First choice AML, off a free.

Destro, he has been good the last couple FMs. He has nice contrasting attributes to Paloschi (can play playmaker). He should form a nice partnership with him, both young Italians.

Was lucky to sign this guy off a free. Good potential.

A good youngster

Old 02-01-2012, 06:27:AM   #45
yoyo913

Lux that motherf*cker and his 10 in aerial ability. Chievo player shoots a long shot right at him and goes over his head and in.

I've been playing Romario to give him first team experience and he's effed up twice, once conceding a penalty in the last few minutes of the game to allow a tie and once he scored an O.G. I know he will be beastly soon enough though.

The team has been doing good so far, undefeated in 5 games with highlights being coming back from 2-0 to win 2-4 against Milan and getting a draw against champions Napoli.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:06:PM   #46
yoyo913

Seems my tactic does really well against Inter.

Note that is the CB scoring a hat-trick, the tactic has a cheap corner routine to near post.

Still undefeated after 11 games, sitting 1st in the league.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:22:AM   #47
yoyo913

Holy crap I'm on course to win the league.. what the f..

Going to post some screens soon
Old 07-01-2012, 07:19:AM   #48
yoyo913

I attribute this success to a good tactic, good morale, and good squad unity. The tactic is very good in defence which I didn't expect because it's a 4-2-4 (advanced wingers) but the CMs do a good job at positioning themselves, as well as the wingers. The defence seems to battle out the opposing attack well. The attack is varied, against good teams it's usually through balls to the right striker and wingers. Against a team that has a lot players back the DR and DL get the ball a lot to cross it in. The MCs also push up the ball and try to get a short through ball but sometimes that's tough. Oh and the corner goals. I have to give props to Nim because if I remember right he created this formation shape in the Chelmsford game when they became very successful... so it seems there is some validity behind it. If we use a modification of this downloaded tactic, would that be against to rules of the Lech game?

I am doing a good job managing the morale but that's probably easy to maintain because of the success. I always get an Assistant manager who is good at motivation and team talks so I let him decide what to say.

Using Genie Scout my team is ranked about 11th in the league in terms of current skill (2nd for potential though) so there are definitely better teams in the league. However the AI I see doesn't do the best job with rotating player/tactics/buys. I also used genie scout when buying players and I always brought in guys with great character which I know makes your squad that much stronger. (Professionalism, Determination, Consistency, Pressure etc...)

I was going to play youngsters more but now I don't want to screw up losing the title so I'm counting on the established players on the team.

My team had some big results this year. 7-2 vs Udinese. 5-0 vs Milan. Beat Juve 4-1 after going one down. 3-1 in the cup vs Genoa while playing younsters. My last match I got the winner in minute 92.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:34:AM   #49
yoyo913

I did make more transfers.

This guy has great potential and good hidden mental attributes for his age, which is rare. I set him on specialized quickness training which is his only slight weakness.

Ekdal is a great defensive CM in my formation because I do need someone who is good in attacking/passing as well.

I sold Lux, Diame, and Vejinovic which was a cheap move because I got them on frees and was able to get 11mil for them.

I couldn't hold back from selling Lux. I got 2.5mil and bough Julio Segio for 350k from Roma. After I made these dealings I realized they might be mistakes because changing a consistent performer might screw up the team but Julio Sergio has been great. I am planning on selling him next season because I signed an amazing goalie that will be my future captain. He is ranked the 3rd best GK (genie scout) behind Neuer and Casillas. Props to Nim, I know he really rates this guy. Huge bargain at 7mil. I was reluctant to pay him 2.5mil per year but when I saw his ability compared to other GKs he is definitely worth it.

And this next guy is on pace to be the 2nd best player in the world behind Messi in terms of potential, I'm thinking of renaming him to Rivaldo:

Old 07-01-2012, 07:54:AM   #50
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I only suggested the 4-2-4, I think Juventino was the first to actually implement it with Chelmsford, and I wouldn't dream of playing it with a mediocre team like you have. I did later use it in FM12 in my Gladbach game after leaving for City because my personnel wasn't quite right for a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and had some blistering success early, but it tailed off; I attribute it to not having the right CMs though. If you have 2 guys like Ekdal (or Nainggolan, or of course the ultimate M'Vila) then you can dominate with it, but if you're trying to pound square pegs into the CM spots like guys better used as APs or Trequartistas, then you won't win. Anyway, this is seriously amazing. I hope you post screenshots of your Scudetto table in the thread of whoever's tactic this was as payment for the success.

Ekdal is brilliant, I was after him for 3 years at Fiorentina and finally signed him after his interminably long contract with Juventus expired.

Following my Gladbach game I actually rate Ron-Robert Zieler more than I do ter Stegen, and he's cheaper too. ter Stegen is really good though.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Last edited by Nimreitz; 07-01-2012 at 07:56:AM.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:58:AM   #51
yoyo913

That's the weird thing about this 4-2-4, it's actually decent defensively. I should post the success where I found the tactic but that guy already has a ton of given respect for it... stories similar to mine.

ter Stegen is better rated by Genie both in ability and hidden attributes but maybe you got a better performance out of Zieler in your game. For some reason Zieler is more expensive to get in my game.

edit: Lost 3-2 to Inter, but I still have some leeway. I'm lucky that there are a bunch of good teams but no teams at the level of Barca/Real. The rest of the league is pretty talented too, teams like Cagliari/Catania have some nice players. I like that the only transfer restrictions are 2 max non-euros per month. Having no reserve league has actually been nice. I now just schedule them when I feel like I need them and then move player to the reserves to get match fitness. I would always feel a little pressure to field a decent reserve team side but this removes that.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:03:AM   #52
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
My scouts consistently rated Zieler better than ter Stegen, and then he performed better too. Maybe one or both of them have uncertain potentials.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote