for now all we do is hexadecimal editing, and that's how we're extracting everything. but i'm sure, as soon as everything is cracked, soon you can expect GUI or CMD line tool for new file format. i'm not announcing ANYTHING, just saying.
So.. we've got replacement for fsh fileformat and as i can see, impbig and biggui are not working with .big files.
only eagraph 104 version is working and with extra hexadecimal editing you can export files, which, seems to me are uncompressed!?!?
so far, i've exported some files and investigating them.. will try importing back to .big, but we will need new rebuilder for .bh files too..
alot of work is ahead of us if we want to edit this game in the same way we did in past years..
feel free to post your experience's here
UPDATE: just to let you all know that Ariel and myself are in the middle of investigating new fileformat .rx3 which we believe is modified .fsh So far, we've managed to export any file from .big, but they all remain UNCOMPRESSED, so there has to be a way to find algorithm to decompress .rx3... I'm sure Ariel will crack it very soon
you can export files with big gui, but, you have first to rename files to shorter filename
Here is a quick guide on how to import textures using TextMod:
- Using TextMod, click on the Logging Mode tab and set an Output Folder:
- Set Output format to PNG
- Set the target application to point to the FIFA.EXE file
- In that window (logging mode tab) click RUN
- FIFA will now launch.
- Start a game and when you get to the point where you would play, hit the + button on the NUM PAD (very important)
- This will start scrolling each image on the screen. Using the ENTER key will save that image.
- The images will be saved in the OUTPUT folder mentioned above.
NOTE: You will have hundreds of textures show up, hit ENTER ONLY on the ones you wish to modify.
- Modify the images you exported in the Output folder
- Once done, click on the Package Build tab in TextMod and point to the text file created there. This will ID all the textures you exported! You can delete any line within that file you dont want (in other words select on the files you edited, then save the text file)
- When ready, click on the BUILD button (you will see a message like: Success! xx Textures added). This in turn will create a tpf file!
Import an RUN!
- On the package Mode tab click on the folder icon, it will ask you where the TPF file is located (package name)
- Once added click on RUN and enjoy!!!
Notes: As I said before, it will NOT ALLOW you to import any graphics into the BIG files! It will use any files in the OUTPUT folder to override the default EA textures. YOU CANNOT run the game without TextMod and see the changes you made. This is a VERY time consuming process as you will need to scroll thru hundreds of textures to find the ones you want to modify. Be sure to add transparencies to PNG files as if you leave them as exported, any part that is BLACK will show up. . This method will only allow you to modify textures, not database data.
Until a better method (editor) is created, this is the best we can do at this time with the tools out there.