Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 3.90 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35:PM   #53
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
The board has asked me to be less prudent about my money-handling. Seriously, they're asking me to be less jew-y about contracts. So I don't care.

Love is unbelievably good. You know that player who for a season is simply on fire? Like, you might find that you hate playing Rooney, or Torres, or Villa, but after that one season you can cope with them well enough? Well you can't with Love. Simply brilliant striker, you should buy the game, get the update and buy him. Worth it...

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:10:AM   #54
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I don't think that board request is about contracts. They just want you to start making Galactico signings. I haven't seen it in FM09, but in previous years your Chairman would ask you for a big name signing in the summer, and if you didn't make one near the end of the summer he would buy someone for you. That was always the worst when you'd hit continue and news would pop up saying "Roman Abramovic has bought Ronaldo from AC Milan for 50M Euros".

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:41:AM   #55
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
agh... all this FM talk+pics make me wanna waste another ~50 hours in the next 10 or less days (and proly will.. ) *puts cd in*
Old 09-06-2009, 08:53:PM   #56
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Sometimes the board makes a joke about how well you are conserving your money, if its really ridiculous.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:11:PM   #57
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future

The club can't make any more progress, I dunno what their problem is. It'd be great if the board would have long-term objectives. I mean, the real Chelsea would be thrilled at having short-term success with little money wasted and an academy which is producing players for the club's future.

Kinda silly that all this pales in comparison with signing the likes of Messi and C.Ronaldo.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:23:PM   #58
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ļאָ View Post
agh... all this FM talk+pics make me wanna waste another ~50 hours in the next 10 or less days (and proly will.. ) *puts cd in*
Same here, but I've got it worse because I'll only buy the new PC in july

And particularly these kind of details Az is talking about are really what makes me want to play it even more...
Old 09-06-2009, 09:29:PM   #59
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

You're welcome!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:39:PM   #60
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
The club can't make any more progress, I dunno what their problem is. It'd be great if the board would have long-term objectives. I mean, the real Chelsea would be thrilled at having short-term success with little money wasted and an academy which is producing players for the club's future.
Yeah, I've got that before. I don't take it seriously.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:36:PM   #61
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Yeah, I'm not bothered.

It's nice to see that I'm not such a shoddy manager, and that I can actually defeat teams which are better than mine, a situation I don't have to worry about with Chelsea. Beat Spain 1-0 in the group stages and then trampled Nigera 4-0. Russia actually have a very gifted side. I highly recommend guys like Torbinskiy, Dzagoev, Temnikov, Shishkin, Sedov and Progbenyak. I don't think I should even have to talk about Arshavin, Zhirkov and Akinfeev. Lifesavers. Akinfeev's penalty-save was one of the best moments I've experienced in FM. Although he had some help:

Always place your defenders IN the area for penalties.

I'm also top of my WCQ group having beaten Serbia once and Germany twice.

Fyi, how do you change the Germany real-plkayer setting? I did it when I installed the game, but the version's been uypdated and now it's gone back. Any help?

EDIT: Barcelona have enquired for Bojan, and I told them to bid 30m, which they did. I don't need the money, and he's already adapted and is improving. I could always got someone else, and I have Sahar and Di Santo who could take his place as 3rd choice, but he's still better than them and as I said, I don't the money. I've offered him to other clubs for 50m. Any advice welcome.

Last edited by Azrael; 09-06-2009 at 10:51:PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:22:PM   #62
Nimreitz

30m? Is that a joke? Dude, this isn't real life, you better seriously jack up that price. When I was at Shakhtar I set my asking price for Marquinhos at 63m. I've sold backups (and not backups with the skill and youth of Bojan) for 25m easy.

Pogrebnyak, by the way, is the perfect Total Football striker. He combines passing, work rate, stamina, and all that good stuff, plus he can finish and he can tackle and win the ball. I recommend having him close down all over the pitch and on hard tackling. He can be a target man too.

To get Germany real, delete the fake.lnc file from your current database. It's possible that you deleted it from the original database, but not from the 9.3.0 database. Sadly your current save is going to have the fake German players. Same **** happened to me in my Shakhtar game.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:08:AM   #63
fender
Fan Favourite

fender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to behold
Anyone got any tips to improve squad harmony? I'm using Lazio at the moment and Cesar whose contract i'm gonna let run out at the end of the season and Mourad Meghni who's part of the squad rotation are constantly making noise about not playing. As a result the board ain't too happy with the squad harmpny.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:16:PM   #64
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Win games is the obvious one. If you can stop them from complaining or sell them, that'd work too. Oh, and squad stability gets you a squad that would 'die for one another'. Try limiting your spending if you can. I generally buy all the players I need in the first two seasons and after that I abstain until I need to refresh the squad.

But yeah, win games.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:35:PM   #65
Nimreitz

If the squad harmony is extremely low you can have the team captain order a team meeting.