Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 3.90 average. Display Modes
Old 18-11-2008, 07:35:AM   #14
Mus
YELLOW CARD: Untrustworthy

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Mus
Holy crap. Imagine the press if that happened in real life, betting scandal?
Old 18-11-2008, 02:02:PM   #15
Johnny_Big
Starting XI

Johnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Johnny_Big
One thing I noticed is that the game is harder. Even little teams cause you a lot of trouble. Am I the only one going to *insert team name here* stadium, play bad, and manage to get a second half scrappy goal to steal it?

I won't complain so much, after 8 matches I am first in the league, and 3rd placed in CL group with Liverpool, Fiorentina and Pana, with 4 points ahead of Pana. But hell...it's much harder.

Thanks to Kenzo for the sig and to Shinji for the pixel kit.

http://athousandeternalleaves.wordpress.com
Johnny_Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2008, 03:00:PM   #16
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
yeah it really is quite harder when I only have 4 subs, 2 of them being GKs and all of my squad is at 88% fitness. I'm fighting relegation with Juve ffs.
Old 18-11-2008, 09:56:PM   #17
Mus

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
I'm scared to get it.
Old 21-11-2008, 04:35:PM   #18
bybuti
100% Cul

bybuti is a jewel in the roughbybuti is a jewel in the roughbybuti is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to bybuti
haha, I've attended Albania - Sweden match and this is the comment I got after that

Pep Guardiola: "If people ask me why I love Bara, I tell them it's like asking me why I love my parents."
bybuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 05:00:PM   #19
champdave
SG Sheffield Authority

champdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to champdave
I just finished my first season with OGC Nice Cte d'Azur - won the league and the league cup.

I signed Kallon on a free and "bought" a Moroccan for 0 from a feeder club. Best transfer was Andr Gignac (striker), bought for 4.5m at the start of the season but I just lost him to Arsenal for 30m. In the market for a new striker now, was going to get Roger Palacio but Boca want 22.5m for him. I'll take some screenshots next time I've got the game running.
champdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 10:15:PM   #20
Mus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybuti View Post
haha, I've attended Albania - Sweden match and this is the comment I got after that
That is cool.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:13:AM   #21
champdave
SG Sheffield Authority

champdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to beholdchampdave is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to champdave
In my third season now with OGC Nice, won the French title the first two seasons. Got knocked out the CL group stage in the second season, but got into the UEFA Cup with this pretty epic victory over Celtic: (my group was Celtic, Barcelona & Bayern!)

My group stage this year is a bit easier: Chelsea, CSKA Moscow and Rangers. I beat CSKA and Rangers in the first two games (each 1-0) and then drew 2-2 with Chelsea at home which was pretty surprising, until I played them away:

I also have a feeder club in the same division as me which is useful - I've nabbed these two players off them for free:

I switch my tactics between 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2. I think the key on this game is to not use the forward-run arrows as it tires the players out a lot (and leads to injuries because of the lowered condition). I also make the central defenders "run backwards" - that way they don't get caught out too high up the pitch.
champdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:33:PM   #22
nor-rbk
Club President

nor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of light
Ha, I first read it as you had Bayern, Barca and Celtic in your UEFA Cup group. That would be one hell of a group in the UEFA Cup.

-- Thanks to SteauA for the sig, I'll never change it.--
nor-rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:18:AM   #23
nor-rbk
Club President

nor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of light

AAS!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aas.jpg (90.6 KB, 451 views)

-- Thanks to SteauA for the sig, I'll never change it.--
nor-rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:42:AM   #24
Rocky
Forza Suarez! (ps brotha can you spare a dime?)

Rocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of light
Heading into winter break. Game is pretty realistic now with the 9.3 patch. And no, I'm not saying that just because I'm winning.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lega Calcio Serie A TIM.jpg (105.0 KB, 277 views)
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:52:PM   #25
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
Oh but you are.
Id post a pic, but I'm playing with an unknown German Div2 club and trying to build a team for the future while trying to avoid relegation (still in s1) with very limited funds. Not much to brag about just yet..
Old 11-03-2009, 04:53:PM   #26
Rocky
Forza Suarez! (ps brotha can you spare a dime?)

Rocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of lightRocky is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ļאָ View Post
Oh but you are.
Id post a pic, but I'm playing with an unknown German Div2 club and trying to build a team for the future while trying to avoid relegation (still in s1) with very limited funds. Not much to brag about just yet..
Good luck to you in building up an unknown team. SI have made it hard as **** to build up a small team now.

Anyway...

Probably my favorite result from before my winter break.
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote