Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 07 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 05:28:PM   #53
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

Biebrich 02 is on a distinguished road
I like the idea, too. But since you can't make a stadium like this for every team, maybe it would be better to make an "african generic", for example.

By the way, the Olympic style stadium (mostly looking like Allianz arena) is probably the most unlikely stadium for a real african team to use. Stadiums in africa mostly look like this, the natonal stadiums of equatorial guinea, kenya and ivory coast:

The solution could be a stadium like the oval generic, and it would have to become a little more... how to say without insulting anyone... old... and used. A lot of colours, red, yellow, green, but washed out and bleached from the sun.
I always wanted to start making stadiums, and one day I'll make a generic or two for each africa, central america and asia. I swear!

The SURROUNDING of stadiums is also very characteristic for africa. If you modify one of the euro or uk stadiums, you can replace the landscape and the houses around the stadium.

Ouijda (Morocco)

Cape Verde National Stadium

Oh, and this is Cameroon National Stadium:

Last edited by Biebrich 02; 01-04-2007 at 05:36:PM.
Biebrich 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:12:PM   #54
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

mrliioadin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mrliioadin
I have very little to use in terms of which stadiums I can pick. The only reason I selected the olympic stadium is because it is closest to the correct capacity.

If a better generic african stadium is available I would certainly use it. In the meantime this is the best I can do.
mrliioadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:36:PM   #55
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

mmmh... i just wanted to say that the olympic stadium is a type of stadium that is very unusual, mostly because of its huge roof, and because of the missing ... uh, what's the word... running track (?), and it looks quite modern and expensive. i mean, don't get me wrong, it's just my opinion, i just think the capacity is much less important than the feeling of playing in guinea. (i know which stadium you mean, unfortunately worldstadiums.com has no picture of it...)

even the african stadiums of the world cup game weren't even close to the ones i posted above. i sure wish a stadium maker would make such a stadium.
and i sure wish i had time to start with that. the national stadium of nicaragua is also fantastic, and i'd love to build the vllaznia stadium of shkoder (albania) which i visited last summer.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:45:PM   #56
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biebrich 02 View Post
mmmh... i just wanted to say that the olympic stadium is a type of stadium that is very unusual, mostly because of its huge roof, and because of the missing ... uh, what's the word... running track (?), and it looks quite modern and expensive. i mean, don't get me wrong, it's just my opinion, i just think the capacity is much less important than the feeling of playing in guinea. (i know which stadium you mean, unfortunately worldstadiums.com has no picture of it...)

even the african stadiums of the world cup game weren't even close to the ones i posted above. i sure wish a stadium maker would make such a stadium.
and i sure wish i had time to start with that. the national stadium of nicaragua is also fantastic, and i'd love to build the vllaznia stadium of shkoder (albania) which i visited last summer.
Any suggestion which to use?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:43:AM   #57
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

I just noticed that we mixed up "generic oval" and "generic olympic" in our last posts. you worked on the oval stadium, while the olympic one is (in my opinion) a quite good choice for an african stadium. I've assigned it to those like ghana, cameroon, nigeria, etc, and for some i assigned "generic square open".
Most small teams in my game play in "euro 3" because it's a nice, older stadium with only landscape around it, mountains, so zhat it could be almost everywhere. But euro 1 and 2 would also be very good smaller african stadiums, but they have buildings around it, and those are definitely european. that's where your texture editing could do huge changes. the problem is that the surrounding houses and trees are 3d objects, not just plain "paintings", so you'd have to keep the objects and replace the european building textures with such ones:

also some plain concrete parts of a modern stadium could use some bleached colours and cracked cast like on the pictures above.

Last edited by Biebrich 02; 02-04-2007 at 02:47:AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:12:AM   #58
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Heavily modifying textures would probably be a bit out of my league... but those are all good suggestions.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:05:PM   #59
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

It definitely IS difficult. A big problem is that you can't really see what certain parts in a texture file are - do they belong to the stadium? Or outside? Is this part the same as this? So i have to modify both? And so on... Wow, i'd love to try to do that... Damn.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:44:PM   #60
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biebrich 02 View Post
It definitely IS difficult. A big problem is that you can't really see what certain parts in a texture file are - do they belong to the stadium? Or outside? Is this part the same as this? So i have to modify both? And so on... Wow, i'd love to try to do that... Damn.
I think more than anything it needs to be taken step by step.

clone a stadium and paint the concrete red. Add a logo to the scoreboard (cause the scoreboards are rediculously unrealistic. Then go back in and work on some of the other things... deteriorating the concrete, editing the backdrop. Long term work in progress for sure. But it is a project I feel is well worth getting started on. Like i've said before we're great as a whole at editing this game. But we are not very good with stadiums. This is a great year to learn.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:42:PM   #61
dvlfish
Club Supporter

dvlfish is on a distinguished road
Hey, a little offtopic but I'd like to know how one can find out player's id's, which aren't playable in the game but actually are in the game files? For example that list below, or some classic players id's... or what is Hidetoshi Nakata's id for example?

How can they be found out?

PS: Great work with all this mrliioadin!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoppf1 View Post
nice work but you need to create the japan team like this

138683 Kazuyuki Toda
140178 Yutaka Akita
140181 Nobuhisa Yamada
140185 Akira Narahashi
140186 Tomokazu Myojin
140188 Toshihiro Hattori
140189 Masashi Nakayama
140191 Teruaki Kurobe
140194 Seigo Narazaki
140195 Ryuzo Morioka
140197 Tatsuhiko Kubo
140198 Yuichiro Nagai
140199 Daisuke Ichikawa
140201 Yoshi to Okubo
140202 Mitsuru Nagata
dvlfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:40:PM   #62
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

I really have no idea... but from what I've read there isn't really a way to do much with the retired players.

On another note...........

ZAMBIA

With the ever so excellent Kits and Minikits by August. Logos by Liioadin.

Enjoy!

Last edited by mrliioadin; 02-04-2007 at 07:42:PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:10:PM   #63
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

so FIFAworldcup.com is now down until June. This means I have absolutely no access to the fifa game reports from previous qualifiers... Does anyone have any idea where else I might be able to find these game reports?

rsssf.com is great for big teams rosters and such.

Wikipedia will sometimes help out.

nationalfootballteams.com will give you everyone who matters on a national team

but none of them consistantly give information about who is actually playing. Thus making it very difficult to get a realistic starting 11 on the field for the tiny national teams.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:38:AM   #64
tcymatthew
Youth Team

tcymatthew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrliioadin View Post
so FIFAworldcup.com is now down until June. This means I have absolutely no access to the fifa game reports from previous qualifiers... Does anyone have any idea where else I might be able to find these game reports?

rsssf.com is great for big teams rosters and such.

Wikipedia will sometimes help out.

nationalfootballteams.com will give you everyone who matters on a national team

but none of them consistantly give information about who is actually playing. Thus making it very difficult to get a realistic starting 11 on the field for the tiny national teams.

let 's go to each country's football association website!!!
Like the one in Hong Kong:
http://www.hkfa.com
Old 03-04-2007, 06:26:AM   #65
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Many of them are in another language or completely nonexistant. There is a recruitment message on the turks and caicos website. which is kinda funny cause I think they were caught using ineligible (foreign) players in the past.

however with babble fish and a little luck..... perhaps.

I got up with Pinty and got permission to use his kits. So one of his finest now released in cmp format:

Pinty's Romania kit pack

Last edited by mrliioadin; 03-04-2007 at 07:14:AM.