Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 07 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 31-03-2007, 04:17:AM   #40
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

mrliioadin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mrliioadin
yeah but resizing does reduce quality as well. Plus I wouldn't want to go around editing someone elses work.
mrliioadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 05:09:AM   #41
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Also I took a shot at my UEFA All stars Roster. Tell me what you guys think. I tried to keep it relatively fair in terms of how many players came from each team, keep that in mind b4 you tear it apart.

GK: Buffon
LB: A. Cole
CB: Puyol
CB: Cannavarro
RB: Zambrotta
LM: Robben
CM: Ballack
CM: Totti
RM: Ronaldo
ST: Rooney
ST: Henry

RESERVES:

GK: Casillas
LB: Van Bronckhorst (gio)
CB: Terry
CB: Nesta
RB: Sagnol
LM: J. Cole
CM: Gravesen
CM: Nedved
RM: Van Der Vaart
ST: Shevchencko
ST: Van Nistelrooy
GK: Cech

Italy: 4 starters, 1 reserve
England: 2 Starters, 2 Reserves
Spain: 1 Starter, 1 Reserve
Netherlands: 1 Starter, 3 Reserves
Germany: 1 Starter
Portugal: 1 Starter
France: 1 Starter, 1 Reserve
Denmark: 1 Reserve
Czech Republic: 2 Reserves
Ukraine: 1 Reserve

I think those counts are right.

--------------------------

CONMEBOL

GK Dida
LB Sorin
CB Ayala
CB Heinze
RB Cris
LM Ze Roberto
CM Riquelme
CM Ronaldinho
RM Rodriguez
ST Adriano
ST Robinho

GK Abbondanzieri
LB Alex
CB Juan
CB Lucio
RB Burdisso
LM Recoba
CM Mascherano
CM Kaka
CM Emerson
ST Messi
ST Crespo
GK Bobadilla

Total: 11 Brazil, 10 Argentina, 1 Uruguay, 1 Paraguay

Sorry to the rest of CONMEBOL... you're a bit outmatched, even if the quality is quite good throughout CONMEBOL.

Last edited by mrliioadin; 31-03-2007 at 08:03:AM.
Old 31-03-2007, 11:42:AM   #42
makispla
Senior Squad

makispla will become famous soon enough
Hey Scissorhands you were right!

I take orders all the time to make a living...
I mod MY game,and share my edits with NO restrictions
so...
I don't take requests
makispla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 12:37:PM   #43
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

Biebrich 02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrliioadin View Post
yeah but resizing does reduce quality as well. Plus I wouldn't want to go around editing someone elses work.
liio, downsizing doesn't reduce the quality.

about your all-star teams: i guess no one will be satisfied with any selection that is made. you should release it, maybe with more reserves, so everyone can choose his starting eleven. i'd put cech as a starter for example, and i would put Klose in

Last edited by Biebrich 02; 31-03-2007 at 12:43:PM.
Biebrich 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 04:46:PM   #44
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Why would you say downsizing an image doesn't reduce it's quality. It clearly does. Sometimes it's not that noticeable when you aren't doing a substantial downsizing, but some quality is lost anytime you resize an image.

Particularly when there is text in the image, By very simple math you can understand that a smaller image would just have less pixels to dedicate to making the letter G for example. The less pixels you use to make an image the tougher it is to make the shape you need.

And it also doesn't change the fact that normally when you release assets or graphical work you would release it in the correct size. Though admittedly some of my older kits are the wrong size because the site I was using to host them resized and reformatted them and I was just not experienced enough to notice.

And who would you drop to fit Klose in? Personally I think he's one of the best strikers in the world, especially considering he's got 10 goals in two world cups and is well on his way to breaking Ronaldo's record. But I think the four strikers listed are probably the best in most people's minds.

Last edited by mrliioadin; 31-03-2007 at 04:52:PM.
Old 31-03-2007, 05:31:PM   #45
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

You won't find a logo that has exactly the size you need for the game. So you get the best result with downsizing of course. And of course you have less information in a smaller file. If you downsize from 256x256 to 128x128, four pixels become one. So you lose information, but only as much as you want to be lost (i mean: you WANT a smaller picture). The pictures remains sharp. That's why i say you don't lose quality (though you lose information). If you upsize from 128 to 256, one pixel becomes four, so the picture becomes pixelled or blurry (depending on what you chose in photoshop options).

I would drop at least Shevchenko.
Old 31-03-2007, 05:53:PM   #46
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

I agree with just about everything you said but as you stated, 1 pixel can't display color shifts, 4 can. But what is the difference between someone posting an image that is the wrong size, and me getting one off of Wikipedia?

Most of the time all that is required for a logo is resizing it. On occasion you spot some imperfections you put some work into fixing. But beyond that resizing it is it. So my point was, if I do the resizing, isn't it as much my work as it is his?

In my opinion, one should post one's assets as a finished product.
Old 31-03-2007, 07:14:PM   #47
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

you're angry today. he just posted a picture, maybe he didn't want to post a new pair of logos after makispla already did it. so he just provided him material.
Old 31-03-2007, 08:17:PM   #48
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Maybe we should just drop it then. I meant no offense Scissorhands.

On another note here's:

Angola

Kits by Sundsvall and Logos by Liioadin
Old 01-04-2007, 02:50:AM   #49
Biebrich 02
Senior Squad

There's also good news. I've tried the first cmp patch (Guinea) and it worked well. Just two things: The stadium that is assigned to Guinea is the training stadium, and there are no players assigned to "penalty", "right corner" etc, but maybe that's normal for cmp patches.
So I have to say what i knew anyway - great job! this team is much more carefully made than the teams i made for my game.

Oh, and there is more good news: Guinea defeated Armenia in a first test match 1-0.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:21:AM   #50
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biebrich 02 View Post
There's also good news. I've tried the first cmp patch (Guinea) and it worked well. Just two things: The stadium that is assigned to Guinea is the training stadium, and there are no players assigned to "penalty", "right corner" etc, but maybe that's normal for cmp patches.
So I have to say what i knew anyway - great job! this team is much more carefully made than the teams i made for my game.

Oh, and there is more good news: Guinea defeated Armenia in a first test match 1-0.
I am having a little trouble testing them at the moment because my desktop is freezing again so I cannot import them on any machine like I was able to do in the past. However I'm quite glad that you are happy with the patch and that your Guinea team is slightly more realistic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT -- I looked into your two issues. You didn't have a team captain and kick takers through an error of my own. The next update of Guinea will correct that issue. I have absolutely no idea why your main stadium is a training stadium. At the moment I have it set to Olympic Style

Last edited by mrliioadin; 01-04-2007 at 04:46:AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23:AM   #51
mrliioadin
Senior Squad

Here's the latest one I'm playing with mainly inspired by August mentioning the stadiums weren't working correctly (though this is sort of unrelated). I am interested in creating the environment a bit better, and since I don't know how to make stadiums (nor do I really know what most of the national team stadiums actually look like), my idea was to modify the graphical portions of the generic stadiums so that they would be specific to a national team. Basically by editing this file:

This was my first try and it took me a long time mainly because I didn't know what went where and how much of it actually shows.

There are some pretty obvious errors that need to be remedied (and will be). And I'm starting to see where I can add more than I already had.

The reason I'm posting is to gauge what kind of interest you guys have in this? Obviously every stadium you import ends up chewing up space that you can eventually run out of in the FIFA.fat file. There is no way possible to do a stadium for every single team but my hope is that CM07 and 08 will be progressively compatible and with the release of a new game, more space will be allowed, thus allowing for even more teams.

Please let me know what you guys think. I am going to be fixing this and releasing it but after working on it for 2 hours I need to sleep tonight.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:28:PM   #52
dule982k
Starting XI

dule982k is on a distinguished road
nice idea
dule982k is offline   Reply With Quote