Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum > Team Threads Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 3.04 average. Display Modes
Old 30-05-2006, 12:56:AM   #53
$teauA
Superstar

$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future
Oh and if Bruce starts Conrad I'm gonna shoot myself.

$teauA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 01:29:AM   #54
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by $teauA
Two problems that I have:

1 - Our finishing still sucks.
2 - Why are the players getting so tired with 25-30 minutes to go ?
I agree with the first part, but I only saw the last 30 minutes and we didn't really look tired. In fact, except for some stupid mistakes at the back that should have led to at least one goal, we controlled the game and looked very talented. Eddie Johnson convinced me that he just needs to start at the World Cup, he looked incredibly talented and is probably ready for a move across the pond.

The other problem we have is the counter attack. We're very poor defending the counter attack.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 02:12:AM   #55
$teauA
Superstar

$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz
I agree with the first part, but I only saw the last 30 minutes and we didn't really look tired. In fact, except for some stupid mistakes at the back that should have led to at least one goal, we controlled the game and looked very talented. Eddie Johnson convinced me that he just needs to start at the World Cup, he looked incredibly talented and is probably ready for a move across the pond.

The other problem we have is the counter attack. We're very poor defending the counter attack.
Yeah you're right they didn't really look that tired in the game against Latvia but they sure did in the first two games and you can see it in their body language.

As for the counter attack, unless we change our strategy that's not gonna change. Our two wing backs are very key in our attack so obviously there's gonna be some gaps there when a team goes on a counter (:/). We should just be glad we have a world class GK to take care of dangerous counter attacks.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:00:AM   #56
$teauA
Superstar

Let's start throwing out some line-ups for our first game:

--------------------Keller------------------

Cherundolo----Pope---------Gooch----Lewis

--------------------Reyna-----------------

Beasley-----------------------------Convey

-------------------Donovan---------------

----------Johnson---------McBride--------

If Reyna isn't healthy, Mastroeni.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:54:AM   #57
jim
Youth Team

jim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz
I actually though we should have brought Adu in place of Ching to sit on the bench and get a taste of the atmosphere. And of course TT instead of Wolff.
what has Adu done to warrant a NT call up? As much as the MLS wants to promote this kid, the line has to be drawn somewhere. Wolff's continued presence on the team mystifies me as well.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:08:AM   #58
Run DMB
MVP

Run DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant future
----------------------Keller---------------------

---------------Pope----------Onyewu-----------
---Cherundolo--------------------------Lewis----

-----------Reyna-----------Mastroeni------------
---------Donovan---------------------Beasley----

-------------Johnson------McBride---------------

That is what I believe Arena will choose vs. the Czechs. Mastroeni will be keeping an eye on Rosicky, Reyna will be marking Nedved. Beasley will be given the job of tracking back to keep Poborsky out of the game.

If it was up to me, I would be more attack-minded and use this midfield:

------------Reyna-------O'Brien-------------
------Donovan------------------Convey-----
Old 06-06-2006, 03:36:AM   #59
$teauA
Superstar

Yeah you're actually right, Beas doesn't deserve to start. He was s*it in those friendlys while Convey and O'Brien played well.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:19:PM   #60
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim
what has Adu done to warrant a NT call up? As much as the MLS wants to promote this kid, the line has to be drawn somewhere. Wolff's continued presence on the team mystifies me as well.
Because you know he's going to be there in the future and you bring his as the last man on the squad to soak in the atmosphere. Like Ronaldo in 94.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:49:PM   #61
Dreath
Senior Squad

Dreath has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to Dreath
Err is Brad Friedel injured or retired or something? Why is Kasey Keller in goal?
Dreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:58:PM   #62
Voltaic Borusse
Fan Favourite

Voltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura about
Brad Friedel is retired.
Aston Villa's new striker Marlon Harewood became annoyed when a local newspaper reporter asked him why he would have wanted to be a painter if he had not been a footballer. When told the information was on his website, Harewood muttered: "I'll kill my brother". (Sunday Mirror)

Voltaic Borusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:18:AM   #63
$teauA
Superstar

and Keller is amazing

Old 13-06-2006, 01:20:AM   #64
::shinji::
Min

::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future::shinji:: has a brilliant future
tough luck US fans, I was really rooting for you guys in the Czech game tonight. The future of MLS and popularity of soccer in North America (yes, Canada too) really rides a lot on your success Not all is lost, I've seen you guys play countless times and I know you're a better team that what was on display today, a win against Ghana and a tie or historic win over Italy and maybe you're through. keep up the fight....

here's hoping for a Portugal-USA rematch, in the final this time though
Old 13-06-2006, 04:41:AM   #65
modena_10
Senior Squad

modena_10 will become famous soon enough
yeah, i expected more out of the americans. the early goal really deflated you guys and lifted the czechs.

but not for one second will i underestimate you. hell, you guys are now coming harder than ever.

can't wait for saturday.

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO
modena_10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barack obama, george bush, hermione granger, hulk hogan, rutherford b. hayes, si se puede!!!, usa wins world cup