Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum > Team Threads Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 3.04 average. Display Modes
Old 26-05-2006, 04:37:PM   #40
runner4life203
Youth Team

runner4life203 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Stunna
Did anyone see on Sportscenter this morning their "all access" thing with USA? They showed when they told Bruce about Gibbs' injury... then they showed when he goes to talK to Gibbs about it. I felt bad for him, Gibbs couldnt even speak, he just had hs head buried in his arms.
I read about it in the paper this morning. I really feel bad for him, this close to the WC and he has an injury. I hope he can get better and hopefully join us in Germany at least to watch if he still can't play

made by lfcmalta
runner4life203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2006, 04:44:PM   #41
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run DMB
Berhalter isn't bad, but I'll be more comfortable if he doesn't have to play in the tournament.
I feel the exact same way. Except I think he IS bad. If we have to play Berhalter in the tournament, all I can think about is Agoos in '02.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 04:24:AM   #42
Run DMB
MVP

Run DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz
I feel the exact same way. Except I think he IS bad. If we have to play Berhalter in the tournament, all I can think about is Agoos in '02.
He did lead and captain his team to promotion to the 1.Bundesliga this season. And he's not going to re-sign for them so that must mean he has other Bundesliga teams interested in him. On the other hand, he's slow and mistake-prone. Practically all my nightmares invovle Berhalter marking Milan Baros.

Does anyone else think we should drop Bease from the starting line-up? Suggesting something like that a couple of years ago would have been deemed heretical. However, his recent form - for both club and country - has been less-than-spectacular. He's playing well defensively because he's ridiculously quick and hustles back. But where did his 1-v-1 dribbling go? The Bease is turning into Frankie Hejduk before our very eyes. If both Reyna and O'Brien are healthy, I think he has to be dropped.

--------------Reyna--------O'Brien--------------
-----Donovan-----------------------Convey-----

Convey is just playing too well to keep him off the starting line-up. He's playing with confidence fueled by Reading's dream season. Even if O'Brien or Reyna aren't healthy, my guess is Bruce will plug in Mastroeni, rather than doing a diamond midfield:

----------------------Reyna---------------------
-------Beasley----------------------Convey------
---------------------Donovan--------------------

I think the Reyna-O'Brien-Donovan-Convey midfield with Johnson and McBride up top is the best we can do. Off the bench we'll have Dempsey as an attacking substitution and Beasley as more of a defensive substitution.
Old 27-05-2006, 04:52:AM   #43
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
Convey has to take our set peices, has to.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 02:44:PM   #44
Bummy_JaB
Senior Squad

Bummy_JaB is on a distinguished road
Johnson was awesome against Venezuela yesterday. I really wanted him to score but he put in a sweet assist for Dempsey. The only thing I didnt like about his game is that he falls too easily to the ground on 50/50 balls. He is still young though and can develop more strength in the future.
Old 28-05-2006, 06:26:AM   #45
SlayerDeuS
Starting XI

SlayerDeuS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestarr022
I think they should have picked Twellman, i like Ching though and i thought he deserves to go
You're right, Twellman deserves to be there....in place of Josh Wolff.
Old 28-05-2006, 08:36:AM   #46
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I actually though we should have brought Adu in place of Ching to sit on the bench and get a taste of the atmosphere. And of course TT instead of Wolff.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 04:18:AM   #47
Run DMB
MVP

Run DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant futureRun DMB has a brilliant future
My grades for the Latvia game:

Keller - 7

Lewis - 5.5 (made a couple of bad giveaways and got caught out of position a couple of times)
Conrad - 6.5 (a little bit better than in the Venezuela game)
Pope - 6.5 (quiet game, didn't have much to do)
Cherundolo - 7.5 (the positive definitely outweighs the negative in this game)

Mastroeni - 7.5 (he's going to make it hard for Arena to keep him out of the starting line-up)
O'Brien - 7 (not much more you could have asked from him; now all he needs to do is not get injured)
Beasley - 5 (not a terrible game, but he looked mediocre on a night where every other US midfielder looked good)
Donovan - 7.5 (did a good job of running the show)

Johnson - 7 (he may not have scored, but he was a pain in the ass for Latvia all game long)
McBride - 7 (solid, nice goal)
Old 29-05-2006, 08:22:AM   #48
$teauA
Superstar

$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future
So how do you give yourself legendary status in a friendly you ask?

Playing with <--- that on your head (couldn't find a better pic) and scoring the winning goal with your head :Bow:

$teauA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 12:33:PM   #49
pede54
Team Captain

pede54 is a jewel in the roughpede54 is a jewel in the roughpede54 is a jewel in the roughpede54 is a jewel in the rough
I like the look of the USA team. They looked very strong, hungry and up for it. Brian McBride is a great player in my opinion. One of my favourite strikers in the EPL. He reminds me a lot of Teddy Sherringham at his peak. Good luck in Germany USA. I really hope you go far.

@ Run DMB......I owe you an apology man, for my very rude attitude towards you a while ago. I'm sorry dude and I hope you will accept that from me. No excuses, i was a prick.
Old 29-05-2006, 02:46:PM   #50
$teauA
Superstar

$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future$teauA has a brilliant future
Two problems that I have:

1 - Our finishing still sucks.
2 - Why are the players getting so tired with 25-30 minutes to go ?

$teauA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 10:46:PM   #51
bjmenge
The Man From Ohio

bjmenge is a splendid one to beholdbjmenge is a splendid one to beholdbjmenge is a splendid one to beholdbjmenge is a splendid one to beholdbjmenge is a splendid one to beholdbjmenge is a splendid one to beholdbjmenge is a splendid one to beholdbjmenge is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by $teauA
2 - Why are the players getting so tired with 25-30 minutes to go ?
Because Frankie isn't there to show them how running yourself into the ground for 90 minutes is done.

Okay, I'll leave now.
bjmenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 10:58:PM   #52
Voltaic Borusse
Fan Favourite

Voltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura about
I rescind the comments I made about Ching earlier. While he may not have fully deserved his call-up, tactically he was the right choice.
Aston Villa's new striker Marlon Harewood became annoyed when a local newspaper reporter asked him why he would have wanted to be a painter if he had not been a footballer. When told the information was on his website, Harewood muttered: "I'll kill my brother". (Sunday Mirror)

Voltaic Borusse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barack obama, george bush, hermione granger, hulk hogan, rutherford b. hayes, si se puede!!!, usa wins world cup