This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 2005 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 4.14 average. Display Modes
Old 26-08-2004, 07:34:PM   #14
valioso
Fan Favourite

valioso is on a distinguished road
you can probably play a season without having to play the career mode.. plus you can create your own tournaments as well.. so if you don't want to start from the bottom don't play the career mode... but it makes sense that if you're a new manager you will not be able to train the top teams right away.
Old 26-08-2004, 11:48:PM   #15
smokey23
Club Supporter

smokey23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by valioso
you can probably play a season without having to play the career mode.. plus you can create your own tournaments as well.. so if you don't want to start from the bottom don't play the career mode... but it makes sense that if you're a new manager you will not be able to train the top teams right away.
Yes, but just playing a season and playing a career are two totally different things obviously. It says on the website "build the greatest dynasty." I want to build the greatest dynasty with my favorite teams, not some 3rd division team I've never even seen play. Look, like I said before, it sounds cool in some ways, and I would do it, but what's wrong with having the option to start with whomever you want. No one can give a reason why, because there isn't one. And new managers do sometimes start with the big boys... Quieroz?
smokey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 11:50:PM   #16
valioso
Fan Favourite

valioso is on a distinguished road
Queiroz was already an assistant coach at Man U.
Old 26-08-2004, 11:56:PM   #17
smokey23
Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by valioso
Queiroz was already an assistant coach at Man U.
Assistant being the operative word there. I mean we are talking about a video game here. Since we don't have the option to do so, we can use our imaginations a bit and say that you could have been an assistant before. I mean managers don't just fall from the sky, or do they?
Old 27-08-2004, 12:25:AM   #18
ishan1990
Senior Squad

ishan1990 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by smokey23
Yes, but just playing a season and playing a career are two totally different things obviously. It says on the website "build the greatest dynasty." I want to build the greatest dynasty with my favorite teams, not some 3rd division team I've never even seen play. Look, like I said before, it sounds cool in some ways, and I would do it, but what's wrong with having the option to start with whomever you want. No one can give a reason why, because there isn't one. And new managers do sometimes start with the big boys... Quieroz?
i agree.

if ea really wanted to make it they way they (supposedly) did

they could at least make it an unlockable at the ea store.
or you could play as whatever team once you finish normal carreer mode...
Old 27-08-2004, 12:30:AM   #19
smokey23
Club Supporter

If it is gonna be the way that it is, then I am hoping that you receive multiple job offers after each season. Not just one. This was a problem with NCAA Football Dynasty Mode that took a couple of years to fix. Great managers receive several offers each year, including offers that are unspoken, like obviously Arsene Wenger could have any job he wanted in the world right now.
In NCAA, once you reach a level of prestige, you can quit your current job and move to a lower prestige team (say you have 5-star manager prestige, you can quit and move to any 4-star team). Team prestige and manager prestige are different entities.

Last edited by smokey23; 27-08-2004 at 12:33:AM.
Old 27-08-2004, 10:28:PM   #20
Will
Senior Squad

Will is an unknown quantity at this point
Does any one know whether throughout the career players will retire and new ones will appear or will you be stuck with the same sqaud for the full 15 years?
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2004, 02:03:AM   #21
smokey23
Club Supporter

Players will retire and new ones will be generated, although there hasn't been an explanation on how you will get the new players for your squad.
Old 28-08-2004, 03:56:AM   #22
El Diablo Rojo
Starting XI

El Diablo Rojo is on a distinguished road
Probably the attributes and the age will be set and you create the rest.
El Diablo Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2004, 05:56:AM   #23
smokey23
Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by El Diablo Rojo
Probably the attributes and the age will be set and you create the rest.
Well you will certainly be able to edit their gear, but I'm not sure about anything else. But I was more talking about how we will get them for our squad. Will they automatically be placed on our team, like they are coming from our youth team, or will we have to buy them from some sort of free agent pool? Or both?
Old 28-08-2004, 06:38:AM   #24
El Diablo Rojo
Starting XI

El Diablo Rojo is on a distinguished road
Maybe an option called like "Call from the young team", or something of the sort.
El Diablo Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2004, 07:01:AM   #25
ishan1990
Senior Squad

ishan1990 is on a distinguished road
they even said the commentators would mention more specific things in carreer mode like new signing injuries and stuff
Old 29-08-2004, 12:10:AM   #26
NUFC7
Club Supporter

NUFC7 is on a distinguished road
Not as worried anymore after watching the producer diary 4, He talked about career mode for a little bit and he never once specified that you MUST start with a lower division team, this is a good sign but its not set in stone I'm still pretty worried...
NUFC7 is offline   Reply With Quote