This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Other Management Games > Older Championship Manager Titles Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2004, 05:32:AM   #1
sconoscuito
Club Supporter

sconoscuito is on a distinguished road
buying out youngsters

I got a few 14 year olds on my team and they are doing ok. Other teams are trying to buy them but I keep declining their offers.

The thing is that since they are 14 they can only sign a youth contract which only lasts 1 year. So wouldn't it be easy for other clubs to aproach these players and sign them without even using any trasfer money?

How do I keep these players is basically what i'm asking.
sconoscuito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 07:03:AM   #2
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
Youth contracts will last until the player reaches the age of 17, and then 6 months. The contracts are unprotected, however, meaning that other teams can sign them without your agreement. They will have to pay a compensation fee though.
It would indeed be easier for them to just go and sign the players, and pay the fee, but somehow a lot do try to buy them the way you would buy an older player.

The only way to keep them at your club is keeping them happy. That also includes financially happy. If another team does offer one a contract, you may want to offer an improved contract to him yourself. That's the most efficient way to keep them.
rpvankasteren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 07:14:AM   #3
bienconero
BANNED - Warez

bienconero is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

add in thier youth contract a high release clause >>>(
i tried it before , after much clubs was looking forwad my hot prospect , no one interest in them ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fredy-adu-enqire.jpg (32.7 KB, 226 views)
bienconero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 12:17:PM   #4
bienconero
BANNED - Warez

bienconero is on a distinguished road
no one of your youngers will go out .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (31.3 KB, 224 views)
bienconero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 04:19:PM   #5
PSVFOREVER
Fan Favourite

PSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nice
Sure they will, they can still approach them and get him for a small fee, even though he has a high min. release clause
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for letting us work there, and when we got home, our Dad would murder us in cold blood, each night, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah." But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'.
PSVFOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 01:41:AM   #6
sconoscuito
Club Supporter

I tried that, clubs still wont back off. I think best option is to keep giving him a new contract every few months untill he turns 17
Old 18-08-2004, 02:43:AM   #7
PSVFOREVER
Fan Favourite

PSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nicePSVFOREVER is just really nice
The best thing is not to play your youngsters, in that way other team won't get interested very easily.
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of freezing cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for letting us work there, and when we got home, our Dad would murder us in cold blood, each night, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah." But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'.
Old 18-08-2004, 03:20:AM   #8
sconoscuito
Club Supporter

hey are the rules the same in all the leagues? can let's say players in italian league sign a long term contract when they are young?
Old 18-08-2004, 03:25:AM   #9
PSVFOREVER
Fan Favourite

everywhere -17 players can't sign long term contracts
Old 18-08-2004, 03:28:AM   #10
TottiNZidaneR#1
Senior Squad

TottiNZidaneR#1 is on a distinguished road
Ya thats one thing that has always anoyyed me, espcially if i am at a small club becuase then the players always leave you but if your a big club they usually sign the new contract.

Also dont let your assistant manager renew the contracts, seems like he lets everyone good go
TottiNZidaneR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2004, 07:50:AM   #11
Lean
Fan Favourite

Lean is on a distinguished road
The best thing is try to keep them happy and hide them from other clubs. Dont play them.
Old 22-08-2004, 05:50:AM   #12
_BIGMAN_
Banned [Annoying]

_BIGMAN_ is on a distinguished road
other them a higher wage than the rest of the clubs that are offering
_BIGMAN_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 05:57:AM   #13
Lean
Fan Favourite

Lean is on a distinguished road
You would have to guess it though. Some players ask different clubs, different wages. Nihat asked me 300 K per month to play in HSV, and then i was hired by Man Utd and he asked for 325-350 K.