Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 2005 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 19-05-2004, 08:25:AM   #14
bennismalls
Youth Team

bennismalls is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bennismalls Send a message via Yahoo to bennismalls
well what i think fifa does well is lisencing. but if the game lacks in gameplay the lisencing is useless. i mean they have liceinsing but they dont have real cleats like winning 11. and every body is both footed. lets make it real plz. the game play is meteocur and the online mode made it even better. but instead of short term fun lets concentrate on longevity/ umm fifa can be tthe greatest game do to there great graphics an authenticity but if a game has everything besides gamewplay its boring after the first few weeks.

i think they should make the passing animation look more smooth and natural. then make the career mode more extensve and complete. take all the ideas form madden and live like the training, and the option to tempt players to a pre contract if there contract ends in the following transfer window. or ticket prcing and stuff. better stat layout. and all the good stuff
bennismalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2004, 08:28:AM   #15
bennismalls
Youth Team

oh yea the shots forom outside the box were un stobabale. tehy need to change that. i once got scored on from about 40 yards out with a ball that was supposed to be a modified cross. in 2004
Old 19-05-2004, 08:55:PM   #16
Cyprom
Senior Squad

Cyprom is on a distinguished road
My opinion is I didn't like FIFA 04 because it should be called UEFA 04 I want to see more out of Europe leagues, clubs and nations.

That's all!!!
Old 20-05-2004, 09:23:AM   #17
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
The game is always a big promise, and it ends up dissappointing. I thought 2003 was bad, but then I played 2004. The game is too predictable, too choppy, and too plain. If something cool is added, be guaranteed that it won't be in it the year after. It always seems to be the same problem; lack of variety, last year the big dissappointment was career mode, it was too short and it felt like you were playing a radom exhibition game. Also, online was just awful. Connecting more than once was a miracle, if it happened, and the pinball feel is still there, even tough its been "fixed" several times.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Back Door Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2004, 02:12:PM   #18
thechulloran
Club Supporter

thechulloran is on a distinguished road
Gameplay since FIFA 2000 has gone down.
I'd want the A1 to be much more ruthless and make sure the human player can never beat the A1 ever. I'd also like if there is a way, to have defenders become more involved with attacking, not just on set pieces, but open play eg counter attack, breakaways & etc.

I liked the crowd detail from 2003, how you could identify the away fans section from the home fans. (Away fans at the Anfield Road end at Anfield). Yet in 2004, all I can see is the Away fans flags,but not the away fans. Why take the good detail away?
thechulloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2004, 02:47:PM   #19
Fener_Bahce
Reserve Team

Fener_Bahce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by valioso
ratio, players-goals-balls size is always pretty bad. Tackle system is pretty laughable for the most part, you always get the same reaction when you do something in a specific part of the pitch, be a goal, almost a goal, goalie save.. you know what you get before the ball even comes out of your player. Off the ball was dissapointing, because it was 100% accurate when you float the ball to your player chest with no way for the defender to intercept until after the control. Dribbling is pretty random at times it seems. Shooting , 10 years and still no curve.. c'mon! They try to cater too much to the easy to pick up.. but is never hard to master, gets boring quick. Too many sweet spots.
Wow Wow Listen to this man

Quote:
Originally Posted by diroix
I'm waiting Champions League Ribery will be the star of CL..I think he is the one best wingers in the world..

Fenerbahcem Sen Cok yasa.
Forza Brazilian Ronaldo, MUCH LOVE.
Haydi Turkiyem, Turkiye Firtinasi Almanya Yolunda.
Fener_Bahce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2004, 05:43:PM   #20
Maniac
Reserve Team

Maniac is on a distinguished road
Here is my 50cents...

Gameplay:
- When I run (not sprint) after the ball and the player gets the ball, in that exact moment I lose the enitre player control, it won't turn around at all no mater how much I press left, right, up down. This lasts for only 3-5 sec, but that is enough time for the other player to take your ball.
- I hate it when I press e.g. the pass button twice or too fast, then the other player that is recieving the ball shoots it for some reason, and the ball goes nowhere - very anoying.... it's like the buttons you press get memorised and executed when the other player recieves it.

Graphics:
- The Kit template needs improvement. The parts around the collar, the brad and the badge area get all smudged out. it wasn't like this before...
- Where did the flairs go?

Animations:
- Substitute animations! they need to be like in FIFA 2000
Old 20-05-2004, 05:56:PM   #21
kobashi
Reserve Team

kobashi is on a distinguished road
i think Fifa has to be slowed down, fifa 2004 felt way too quick!! goal keepers need improving big time. they stand on there line too much. when a players goes through on goal the keepers need to try and close the angle down. corners need to be changed as having 3 players in the box is not realistic at all.

gotta sort out left footed players hitting ball with right foot at the same level. why are the players both footed. this is a simple error that needs to be sorted.

some people like the current crossing system but i think it sucks. i think EA should get rid of it and put in a new system. i dont wanna judge the power myself. should just make it one button for normal cross, 2 button for near post and 3 button press for low cross across the floor. that is the best way.

200mph shots need to be axed, it is too easy to score from outside the box.

http://www.hizb.org.uk/
kobashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2004, 09:02:PM   #22
valioso
Fan Favourite

valioso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by kobashi

some people like the current crossing system but i think it sucks. i think EA should get rid of it and put in a new system. i dont wanna judge the power myself. should just make it one button for normal cross, 2 button for near post and 3 button press for low cross across the floor. that is the best way.
What's the challenge in that?
Old 21-05-2004, 05:07:AM   #23
ishan1990
Senior Squad

ishan1990 is on a distinguished road
i agree, it would be too easy to score that way.
Old 21-05-2004, 07:53:AM   #24
ronaldo9
Youth Team

ronaldo9 is on a distinguished road
in pes3 you can cross the ball the same way, 1 normal 2 for near post 3 low cross, and its brellant! is hard to score and so realystic. thats why fifa need to learn how to make enoyble gameplay. not the same boring staff evry year. i hope they will renew the gameplay with more animation better passing crossing shots drebbling more movment to feal the real football game.
i wos so desepointit with evry thing in fifa 2004 coz of the ball was crap! and i don't want ea to let as down agen like last year.
ronaldo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2004, 08:36:AM   #25
bennismalls
Youth Team

as much as i hated fifa, i think this year will be better. and i dont say this every year sp u know im not playin. i saw a video trailer for the game and the new first touch combined with the off the ball control is making this game a very promising one. i just think u will have to see it for your self. http://fifa2005.ea.com./index_flash.php?locale=uk
http://fifa2005.ea.com./index_flash.php?locale=uk

go to downloads and then watch for your self.

another thing that i thnk would be good is if they made the fields appear wider so that when switching the point of attack it will have a major effecrt on the opppsing defense. and we should see the difference in speeds of players. i mean henry shoudl be able to out run everybody with the ball.
Old 21-05-2004, 09:44:AM   #26
redflower
Club Supporter

redflower is on a distinguished road
Please bring all the teams to have some tactic lesson.so that they know where they should be and where they should go. i hate using "Q" to ask my players to run one by one.can i make my own formation? free style dribbling is a stupid thing in uefa2004
redflower is offline   Reply With Quote