it's not actually a mod
nor a mini-mod
so here it is, the first µ-mod for fifa 10
i tried not to change too much because it is after all, a new game. ball physics haven't been changed, passing parameters haven't been changed, and specific parameters for the keeper AI haven't been changed other than the keeper's willingness to throw the ball rather than kick. this mod doesn't really "change" anything. it just unlocks some things that are available in the full game that aren't in the demo. the mod itself is only 0.1 MB so don't worry, it's not gonna catastrophically change your game
extract config.dat from fifa10tweak.rar to your fifa 10 installation folder
- delete config.dat from your fifa 10 installation folder
- extract "original of config.dat" from fifa10tweak.rar to your fifa 10 installation folder and rename it to config.dat
what this mod does:
- louder crowd chanting
- clock keeps going after 45:00 and 90:00 (more realistic)
- power/crossing gauge powers up faster
- enabled team momentum (affects player performance depending on team chemistry values, player tactic, ball hitting crossbar, player missing penalty, etc etc etc)
- increased ref strictness
- increase handball occurrence
- counterattack lasts longer (15 seconds instead of 10) and is triggered by 3 defenders behind the ball instead of 4
- Flat Back tactic is now more "flat"
- chance of player getting injured/winded increased
- player more likely to get winded than injured
- more difficult keepers (not tested)
- goalies more willing to throw rather than kick
(NEW) changes specific to fifa 10
some teams have special traits in fifa 10. however, some of these teams are not in the demo, so i just reassigned these traits to the teams available in the demo so we can try them out
- liverpool's "xabi+gerrard runs trait" reassigned to chelsea's lampard+malouda. these two players will make an extra effort to run goalwards
- real madrid's "sweeping cross" reassigned to juventus' camoranesi. makes camoranesi a more effective crosser, and triggers other midfield and forward players to run forward when camoranesi is crossing
- Bayern Munchen's wingers try to reach the byline before crossing the ball
- "Govou’s Wing man" trait reassigned to fc marseille. not sure how it works though...
- "Man U's wingers switch sides randomly during the game" reassigned to fc marseille
- chelsea can counter attack with only 2 defenders behind the ball. this way, bosingwa and cole/zhirkov can attack in the counter
- "Zlatan Ibrahimovic's through ball runs from deep in defensive end" reassigned to work only with barcelona (used to only work with inter)
- arsenal's "patient build up, pass a lot" trait reassigned to chicago fc
- Barcelona uses a patient build up, and takes long shots
- sevilla's "cross field ball" trait reassigned to bayern. "This consists of increased supporting runs by wing mid-fielders, and an increased long lobbed through-ball tendency to those wingers by central mid-fielders on the opposite side of the field."
- ac milan's "slide rule pass" trait reassigned to juventus. "This consists of a narrow attacking pitch area, increased supporting runs by mid-fielders, increased striker possessions and increased through-balls to the strikers"