Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 3.90 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 07:19:PM   #1
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
FM Screenshot Thread

You know what this is...

The squad

A lot of players are taking a long time to blend, including ones who have been at the club since January.

Formation

Transfers

Srna has been my best signing so far, really handy, especially because Bosingwa is taking AGES to belnd in and learn the new language. Huntelaar has been pretty good, and I think my recent drop in form is due to putting him on the bench to get Drogba up and running, hoping that will pay off. Arshavin has been decent, sometimes invisible, sometimes a dominating force. Radoi and Marcelo were brought in to cover for others, really, Radoi has been ok the few times he's come on, and Marcelo is yet to play with the first team.

Fixtures

Quite a rollercoaster, going from **** to incredible to **** again. I mean, losing to Benfica with a last-minute goal, thrasing Hearts, tie with Utd, thrashing several decent teams, then a loss to Rangers, last-minute draw, having gone ahead thanks to a penalty, to Tottenham, and extra-time against Plymouth.

EDIT: I now beat Stoke thanks to a penalty, after missing the first one. Jesus, you just CAN'T score in 1 vs 1s.

Last edited by Azrael; 04-11-2008 at 07:43:PM.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:41:PM   #2
Daz
Everyone's Favourite Diabetic

Daz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to behold
I'm still playing FM08 I can never get into demos.
Old 16-11-2008, 01:54:PM   #3
Johnny_Big
Starting XI

Johnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Johnny_Big

**** this ****, even though I won, dammit. Even with the patch it has the injury problem. SIGAMES WHERE ARE YOU?

Thanks to Kenzo for the sig and to Shinji for the pixel kit.

http://athousandeternalleaves.wordpress.com
Johnny_Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 03:54:PM   #4
nor-rbk
Club President

nor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of light
After winning only 3-2 at home I thought I was in for a difficult match in France and certainly didn't expect this

Attached Images
File Type: jpg itc.jpg (95.6 KB, 1132 views)

-- Thanks to SteauA for the sig, I'll never change it.--
nor-rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 04:03:PM   #5
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Big View Post

**** this ****, even though I won, dammit. Even with the patch it has the injury problem. SIGAMES WHERE ARE YOU?
what injury problem?

Old 16-11-2008, 05:15:PM   #6
Johnny_Big
Starting XI

Johnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Johnny_Big
I dunno why my image doesn't show up, but your picture made me laugh . SIGAMES needs to seriously tweak that.

Thanks to Kenzo for the sig and to Shinji for the pixel kit.

http://athousandeternalleaves.wordpress.com
Johnny_Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 05:47:PM   #7
Daz
Everyone's Favourite Diabetic

Daz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to behold
is it me or has there been an injury problem with every FM so far upon its release?
Old 16-11-2008, 08:05:PM   #8
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
No it's not just you, and in a similar way every release no matter what patch/nopatch has the 1on1 finishing issue.
Old 16-11-2008, 10:17:PM   #9
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
I love how a guy at the SI forums says that the injuries are "part and parcel of football"

hahaha, yep, 10 injuries at once in a squad and 3 serious injuries in a single match is really "part and parcel" of football xD
Old 16-11-2008, 10:44:PM   #10
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
His comment is correct tho. Mostly I dont agree with the current injury system with the orange/red injuries and fitness % going down.. Dunno but maybe since we are going.. 3D there should be a system based on human anatomy/physiology and how an injury can affect a player (and who knows maybe even add problematic areas for some players after certain injuries, like Henry for example). Such a system wouldnt fix the amount of injuries directly but I think the problem isn't the amount of injuries but the whole injury system in general which is certanly not smart or realistic in any way thus creating the same problem over and over again with every yearly release of the game
Old 16-11-2008, 11:42:PM   #11
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Injuries are part of football, but he was talking about the amount and kind of injuries we see in FM, and that's not correct...
Old 17-11-2008, 08:34:PM   #12
theo
VII

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
ooh great, now Rakitic and Camoranesi get to try the new FM for the next 3 to 4 months. and I thought the reserve team was useless..
Old 05-04-2013, 03:40:AM   #13
Rodg2ers
Club Supporter

Rodg2ers is on a distinguished road
I thought the reserve team was useless..
Rodg2ers is offline   Reply With Quote